Christians with herpes

hi everyone. I'm 55 years old and I was diagnosed with H2 in May this year, and now I have genital warts. I've been crying for days. I am so sick of this. I've been praying and praying and I'm wondering if God is hearing me. I cannot deal with this. I go from being okay to being angry. I'm lonely. I want love. I want a husband. I want sex. I feel now, who will want me like this. I've been searching Christian dating sites people with Herpes. I am trying hard to just be okay by myself. I have asked God to take away the desire to have a husband and the desire to have sex but it's still with me. I wake up everyday thinking, how did this happen to me. How did I let it happen to me. Why did this man do this to me knowing he was infected. I have no proof, but I know. I understand why people kill others. I confronted him and he became defensive. I know I'm rambling, but I don't know what to do. I need support. I want to go somewhere and see face to face other Christians who are dealing with this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lilome

• MsLucy

• Hugo

• GodIsMerciful

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Being Christian and having herpes is somewhat of a contradiction." I'm not sure I follow that. Sure, the prevalent ignorant and unfair stigma we hear about gives the impression that people who get he

Hi! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a Christian (and, of course, I have herpes....)so if anyone wants to discuss things of a Christian nature (Generally, or related to herpes...) I would

i'm a Christian with herpes also. i probably got herpes before i became a Christian - but never had an outbreak until after i'd been married for 4 years. but if i hadn't gotten it before my marriage

BeeGeeLady, perhaps there's a support group in your area. It's worth investigating. If not, maybe you should consider starting one. Not only would it allow you to interact with people in your same situation, but give you an opportunity to meet new people... maybe even a prospective new 'friend'. It would also give you something to occupy your mind besides your own problems. The best therapy there is, is something that diverts your focus onto others.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the things that you want. Love, physical intimacy, and companionship are all basic human needs. We all want them. In their absence, though, we have to learn to be our own best friends. Everyone goes through periods of emotion and/or physical 'drought'. There's no reason to think it will last forever, though. Everything changes, usually when you least expect it.

I've never found love when I went 'looking' for it. It's always been when I was occupied with other things, and looking the other way, that it tip-toed up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder.

It really doesn't matter at this point 'how' this happened, or 'why' it happened. It did. That's the reality. Think about the support group. It might help you to get moving again in the right direction. And don't stop praying. God hears you. He's not ignoring you, but sometimes we have to be still inside to hear his answer. We have to 'listen' with our hearts, not our ears.

• 1 month later...

www.fortheloveofthefamily.com

Great site - go to audio - try to find "the bibles answer to depression" Not sending you to that message for any reason based on the title (which is mis-titled; this message is more about hope than anything else), but there is a good part of it devoted to why things happen to us.

BTW - as a Christian - having H & being on different boards has helped me to reach out to others I would not have had an opportunity to. GOD (!) has a plan & purpose for your life. You aren't having to endure what Christ, or the martyrdom the apostles had to endure. H is mild by comparison.

If teh message I pointed to isn't there - let me know - I can email you the mp3 file

Hello everyone

I am a Christian and I have HSV2. I gave my life to Christ after a relationship I had been in for many years fell apart. My ex is the one who gave this to me. I don't even blame him, he didn't know he had this either. I've forgiven him and moved on with my life. I definitely don't blame God for this either but as Christians we all know that sin has its consequences. More than anything I am thankful to God that this is all I have. It is not life threatening and very manageable. I have been one of the lucky ones who doesn't really get outbreaks. I thank God for that every day. I thank God because he is loving and forgiving. I think this situation has taught me to love and take care of myself better than I did before. I make sure that I eat right, take supplements and I try hard to keep a positive outlook on life. God has helped me with all of this and he continues to do so. Never lose faith. Pray for yourselves and one another. We are a big family who can encourage each other in times of weakness. God will never give you more than you can handle. God bless you all.

I'm screaming with OMG's. It is the biggest contradiction but I learned in church today that "The good news is, that the bad news is wrong!" What that means to me is that all bad news in a spiritual mindset isn't all that bad, but looking at it in the Godly way is that it is good news to glorify and have more faith in God.

I waited all my life to get married, not have children out of wedlock and remain celibate for 2 months prior to my marriage and I still got the forbidden STD. Oh well, it was in God's plan and now I'm excited to see what he has in store for me for remaining faithful to him.

Sweetestlove

• 1 year later...
Getting herpes has severely affected my faith. I loved and lived for god before I got this. Now I find it hard to believe in god. How could god allow such a disgusting thing to exist, and to arise from making love with someone. Love, the one thing that is to conquer all evil. I've never given my body lightly, I've had to feel love for someone. It hurts. It hurts so deeply.

Illness, disease, pain & death are all part of the human experience... God is not respoinsible for these things.. If we were given the option of living in a utopia with out those things, walking around butt naked in the Garden of Eden, we'd make the same choice again.. The vast majority of people like to be their own gods.. Plain and simple.. Blaming God for consequences of our own decisions is like a teenager blaming his parents when he wrecks the car, after he threw a fit to drive it.

I,too, have felt guilty; specifically, when attending church and being in God's house. I have found comfort though praying and it's helped me to heal and find peace. Thank you for sharing.

Having a disease is not a sin & should not be anything to be ashamed of.. You think people with cancer, or alzheimers feel ashamed at church? Ya don't have herpes on your soul, man.

The only thing we have any power over is our actions and how we behave from here on out.. But having said that, I sin daily, mostly without even realizing I'm doing it.. If I wasn't such an a-hole, I wouldn't need Jesus. That's why He died for us, cause we're all a bunch of a-holes.. And anyone who uses their faith to judge something you have no earthly control over, has forgotten what an a-hole they are, and just needs a little reminding. :)

I am feeling so many things right now. I just found out that I have herpes. I’ve probably had it for a long time and just never had an outbreak. I’m having a hard time with this all, but there is a part of me that accepts the reality of it – life goes on. I think I could come to terms with it more if I didn’t feel so… hopeless, I guess that’s the best word for it… regarding the one thing I want or dream about – being a wife and mother someday. All I’ve ever wanted in life is to marry a good Christian man who loves and accepts me completely and who I can raise a wonderful loving family with – seems simple but now it seems so much more complicated.

I admit for a long time in my life I was very lost. I don’t have a very supportive or loving family and maybe I went searching for love in all the wrong places. But I was never one of “those girls” for lack of a better term. I just wanted someone to love me and maybe it’s my fault for being too trusting, for thinking that people are good and honest. I put the past behind me a long time ago and I know I made some wrong decisions and gave into the world when I shouldn’t have, but I moved on and am/was looking forward to the future… to getting married and having the family I’ve always dreamed of, but now this. I’ve only been with 2 guys – both long-term loving relationships or so I thought at the time. I know I shouldn’t have given into temptation but like I said I’ve moved forward and on from my past. Now I don’t know what to do. I fear I will never achieve my dream – get married, have kids, have a wonderful family. I don’t know what guy would accept me with herpes. I don’t know how or if I could tell someone. Dating scares me… it’s hard enough as it is, but now I don’t even know where I would go to meet someone or how I could/would date someone.

My current situation sucks… I have a boyfriend who I’ve been with for a while, but the relationship is all wrong (and has been for some time now) and I was/am planning to break up with him. I was definitely planning to break up with him before I found out about having herpes, but now I feel I have no other choice but to settle for him. No one else would want me. He’s not a bad man, but he’s not the man I thought he was. So much would need to change or happen for things to get better between us or I would just have to learn to live with it (settle), and I know you can’t change a man and I don’t want to change me because I’m okay the way I am --- except the whole herpes thing. I just don’t know how someone else is going to want me now that I have this. Even if they are Christian, it’s easier to accept/date someone without herpes than it is to date someone with it… especially when you’re just starting a relationship. How do you tell someone? Where do you go to meet someone who would accept you and not run the other direction?

I’m just feeling so many things right now. I’ll keep praying and I do trust God’s plan. I just needed to vent some of the feeling/thoughts. Sorry for going on and on…

If you trust in Gods plan for you, why are you settling for someone you know isn't right for you? A good man will see you the way God sees you.. Have more faith & patience:)

• 5 months later...

I also am a Christian living with herpes. I contracted it after knowing the Lord. It is not a punishment from God. I sinned and had sex outside of marriage and now am dealing with the consequences. I know some of you got it from your mate, yes it is unfair, but so is life. Some how some way God uses bad for good.