Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
focusedgrl0188

Vaginal discharge during herpes outbreak?

6 posts in this topic

I've had genital herpes for almost 3 years. With my first outbreak, I had a thick white discharge.

After my first outbreak, I never got outbreaks near my vaginal opening. Most of my outbreaks were on my labia. Now I'm experiencing an outbreak RIGHT by the opening of my vagina. I can tell where it is when I wipe with toilet paper. I'm having A LOT of discharge.

However with this outbreak the discharge is constant, clear, and sticky.

Is this normal?

Hello, there.

The discharge thing can be hard to sort out. Many of us females get increased discharge when the herpes lesions occur on the inside of the vagina or cervix. During my first really bad OB I had such profuse watery discharge that I had to wear a mini-pad.

Many of us also battle chronic, recurrent, yeast and/or Bacterial Vaginosis secondary to the genital herpes. Both of those conditions cause vaginal discharge as well.

It is tempting to self-diagnose which condition is causing the discharge and, I am guilty myself at times but, if it continues best to see your OB/GYN.

Take care

Yeah I just feel so uncomfortable! I'll give it a few more days and then call my doctor. I have to wear a mini pad as well. I've had a yeast infection before and the discharge isn't like that at all. It's clear, mucoid, and sticky. There's no odor at all.

Lol yes! I don't like to self diagnose either.

During my first outbreak I had A LOT of clear, odorless, watery discharge too. I had to wear a pad. After the first day on valtrex it was significantly reduced. Second day it was basically gone.

I am new at this as well and thought my first ob was a yeast infection, now I have another "yeast infection" I have not been tested yet (not til Saturday) but my discharge is sticky, white, odorless and not watery at all. It is kinda thicker. I did have a couple of blisters show up before the yeast infection though. If this is herpes, will I always have a yeast infection with my outbreaks??

Hello I am also new to the site. I had an outbreak end of last week and now I have a little green dischare when I wipe. Not alot to notice but I notice everything lol. I have been so emotional and my dr. Didn't even want to give me the herpes blood test because my main symptoms were low back/butt pain and recurring bv. I never noticed blisters until this OB. One or two small ones that I noticed popped working a day or two. I saw little white head type things. Sorry so gross I know. I usually get a mil yeast infection before my period. I take probiotics which help but I can still feel somethin wrong down there :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Free73
      Was there any pain or other symptoms? It's unusual for a first outbreak or lesion not to be accompanied by some sort of other symptoms or pain
    • Free73
      There are a lot of people who present here with suspicion of herpes. Sometimes they have reason to suspect it and in a lot of others, they are just paranoid hypochondriacs. Without a culture swab, the rest is really just 'best guessing' Even IGG tests are a load of bollocks in most cases if you ask me and there is good reason that the CDC and other countries don't include routine blood testing for herpes. We see it here so often that IGG tests throw more confusion than answers. The poster had clear IGG tests (even though the voracity of those tests I question), so what more can he do? If he gets what looks like a blister in the same spot(s) next time, then he should get those swabbed, but otherwise, he does not have a positive diagnosis.  
    • gonnakillher
      No, someone with a sore throat does not need to disclose that they may have H. You on the other hand have a pile of evidence that says you could. Think about what brought you here. And remember, you still came here AFTER your testing and AFTER your doctors' gave you those answers.
    • LinksJ
      while I see your line of reasoning, you are still asking me to disclose something I have been told by 3 different medical professionals that I DO NOT HAVE. Whether I do or not, basically what you are saying is that anyone with any symptoms somewhat respembling H are obligated to 100% discclose an infected status... thats where I disagree
    • gonnakillher
      Because HSV f*cking sucks...that's why its special. It causes major recurring pain and other serious complications for people, and you don't know how someone's body will handle it until they already have it. And yes, the fact that 95% of people don't disclose IS WRONG! There's absolutely nothing right about that.
    • cherryblossom91
      This whole thing is just so confusing. Right when I find peace and accept my positive diagnosis, there's something new. Idk, I feel like I have it..I've had only one "outbreak" which is sometimes typical for my type. Idk idk idk!
    • gonnakillher
      You're using her ignorance to get around it, though. You know that the tests aren't accurate and the doctors are undereducated. And you know you can possibly still pass something to her. It's what YOU would still know. Gotta be honest with yourself, too.
    • WilsoInAus
      Being a separate site, there is only a probability of being infected orally at the same time as genitally. Some virus may have gotten onto your lips but just didn't find the mark.  
    • cherryblossom91
      I don't believe I've ever had testing for antibodies before. But if I got type 1 genitally, why didn't I get it orally? Also why did the antibiotics clear it up so quick? I've read on here that people have mistakenly gotten antibiotics and it never worked because they don't work for viral infections only bacteria. I have so many questions for the doctors at urgent care but they won't answer them. 
    • Blahdittilyblah
      I know this is a little old post but I can say that if I didn't have this and the women I truly love had this and I came back to her or she came back to me without hesitation I would accept her and the risk involved because love is greater then this issue. If you truly love someone something like this shouldn't keep them away from you. Nothing should keep them away from you honestly. If they can't accept it then it's conditional love, love is supposed to be unconditional. Give it a shot if he says no or said no by now then there someone out there that will say yes. 
  • Featured