World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Virgin

Super supplements for Herpes affected persons

Virgin

1) Echinacea - supports immune function

2) Olive leaf extract - antiviral properties

3) Lysine - helps alleviate OBs faster

4) Vit C + Zinc + bioflavanoids + Vit B complex - supports healing, antiviral, and alleviates the effect of stress.

5) Garlic - antiviral

Will add to the list soon.

Virgin

Thank you, I'm doing research on natural and herbal remedies because acyclovir makes me feel so sick. These products work for me, and I also do take Omega 3 fish oil capsules. It also promotes good circulation and heart function.

luckyCat

I don't know if this qualifies as a supplement but I love making bone broth which has high amounts of collagen in it. I also am totally addicted to eating soft tendon right now in my Pho!

Virgin

Excellent contribution, collagen is essential for the formation of tendons, ligaments, muscle, and cartilage. In addition to which, it promotes healthy skin, and can provide pain relief. So collagen is a good dietary supplement for persons with HSV.

dangitinAL

I have been trying everything and this is my daily: Vitamin B complex, multiple vitamin, I3C (indole-3-carbinol), Omega 3-6-9, CoQ10, ATP, and melatonin for sleep ( melatonin is unrelated to HSV though..lol). I also use lemon oil extract in coconut oil topically internal AND external.

ATP you can read about here... the site is a sales site.. I get it elsewhere (lol) cheaper but it gives a good breakdown: http://www.peakatp.com/faq.php.

I3C - in a nutshell... less estrogen less OBs: http://ezinearticles.com/?Benefits-of-Indole-3-Carbinol&id=101007

I think everyone knows the others most likely.

Milia

I started taking a cayenne pepper supplement.. It was promoted vastly by many people on an at home remedy site.

dangitinAL
I started taking a cayenne pepper supplement.. It was promoted vastly by many people on an at home remedy site.
I have problems with acid reflux.. any problems?

Milia

I don't have acid reflux & I could definitely feel the warmth of the spice in my belly.. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with acid reflux....

dangitinAL
I don't have acid reflux & I could definitely feel the warmth of the spice in my belly.. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with acid reflux....

I figured that.. oh well.. at least one less pill to try.. lol

Virgin

Does it help, and in what way? I heard about it, but I'm not a fan of it.

Milia

I can't really give a valid response. I've been taking Valtrex since the day I noticed the sores (I immeditely went to my doctor.. & was diagnosed on the spot) and two days after started taking vitamin C, lysine, multivitamin, & the cayenne pepper supplement all at the same time. It's now 6 days since the day I noticed the sores, & the pain has decreased ten-fold, the blisters all have turned into lesions.. I'm certain it wasn't just the cayenne pepper, but my digestive tract has become immensely more regulated, which I thought to be in my head. Then I googled benefits of cayenne pepper, & sure enough digestion is on there as well as increasing metabolism. So I won't stop taking it!

winonabee

Have you guys heard of this USANA product called Proflavanol c100?

I've been taking it and so far - no Obs!

Scared12345

Do you take breaks from SJW? Want to use it again for a longer stretch this time since we use condoms and when I stopped using it I got an OB 

Sanguine108

I miscalculated, the capsule I take is 750mg of SJW.   I'll take it for 5 days and then stop.

For me it's more of a nerve repair herb.   Honestly, I'll feel some prodromal sensations and then they disperse after the first day.  But I think there's something to the brand of SJW one takes.  Articles have even recognized quality based on brands.

But I think things that help bump up the nerves and nervous system are biggest help with hsv.

- A multivitamin and mineral complex.
- An omega fatty acid supplement
- alpha lipoic acid, acetyl-L-Carnitine, CoEnzQ10, B Vit complex (B6 esp, and B12) : all these support nerve function/growth/nourishment.
-Exercise: boosts the immune system, helps the lymphatic system move more smoothly

-Bone broth is what's up! nourish your deepest deep:  consider this, one has HSV and they are constantly exerting a little energy to suppress and fight it.  You need to nourish your deepest essence in support of that and bone brother does that greatly!!

-Echinacea is cool - it boosts the immune system and enhances lymphatic flow.   I've read from multiple sources that one shouldn't take it consecutively for too long as it may give them allergies. (Echinacea is a type of ragweed)

Garlic - It helps blood and lymph move more smoothly, it bumps up the immune system, antibacterial, antiviral(I think it's indirectly antiviral), garlic detoxifies. But don't go crazy with garlic because it can be depleting.

Constant Diplomat

Have you ever rubbed garlic directly onto a lesion? I'm taking a garlic supplement daily. It is said each cap has the equivalent to one bulb in it. So far it hasn't helped. Actually nothing has, including Valaciclovir.

@lw@ys
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, Constant Diplomat said:

Have you ever rubbed garlic directly onto a lesion? I'm taking a garlic supplement daily. It is said each cap has the equivalent to one bulb in it. So far it hasn't helped. Actually nothing has, including Valaciclovir.

I don't hold any faith in Garlic supplements. Your best bet with Garlic is fresh. I have great results when I mix 3 to 4 cloves in a blender with very little water to make a Garlic "Shot". When I feel it might be coming I do this for a few days and usually the disaster is averted. I also supplement with Oregano Oil occasionally. My daily regimen is a multi-vitamin I prefer whole food vitamins as they are much closer to eating real food so bioavailability is much greater. CoQ10 has proven itself to be great. I just started SJW and I can honestly say it is great for helping with mental "fogginess" (thanks @Sanguine108 I read in one of her/his posts so I tired it), other things that I use on and off are Lysine 2mg daily (only because I've read prolonged use could possibly hurt the kidneys) and I've found it works better than Valacyclovir, for me. I have two bottles of Valacyclovir I used ten from the first bottle and the second is unopened. I don't plan to use them anymore. It made me feel like crap and did absolutely nothing for me. Krill/Fish oil, Lemon Balm capsules (for relaxation/stress relief). All in all I actually think you could possible suppress this virus with the right diet and supplementation, everyone is different so a lot of it will be you finding your perfect combo. I think I am getting close. I remember before I was diagnosed I tried  a diet for Candida and it really worked for my mental fogginess, thank god OB's have not ever really been an issue for me.  Haha, I think I am gonna do that again, the Candida diet, ask me in month how its worked!

I forgot to add that sometimes I use Oleuropein from time to time but not sure if it helps.

Edited by @lw@ys

Bethany

Somebody mentioned bone broth. I just read the gelatin in bone broth is high arginine. 

In my never ending quest of reading about herpes relief this is what I came across tonight....

St. John Wort (0.3 %) + Echinacea.  Combined works better.

Topically:

Lemon Balm or Melissa extract or essential oil. (Melissa worked for me for awhile but not so much lately)

Melissa essential oil is very expensive but I get it reasonable diluted with a carrier oil from Bulk Apothecary.

Propolis Ointment

Calendula Ointment

Even Earl Grey tea, steep, cool, apply to sores.

I've used Lugols Iodine and Colloidal Silver topically on sores with some pain and itch relief and speeds healing. 

Now if I could just find out whats caused going from a few outbreaks a year to non stop outbreaks for the last 5 months.

Quest

.You can get a big bulk bag on Amazon and make an oil or tea. I make a Jasmine tea with lemon balm in there. EPA DHA high dose will not let HSV penetrate the cells if you have a balance of 3 6 9 s and not too much 6  s. I am studying building the immune system for HSV2 right now. Let me know how you do @Bethany

Bethany
On 3/29/2018 at 4:20 AM, Quest said:

.You can get a big bulk bag on Amazon and make an oil or tea. I make a Jasmine tea with lemon balm in there. EPA DHA high dose will not let HSV penetrate the cells if you have a balance of 3 6 9 s and not too much 6  s. I am studying building the immune system for HSV2 right now. Let me know how you do @Bethany

Not doing well. One batch heals up and a new one starts up! I'm about at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening. Starting to feel depressed about it and I'm not prone to depression.

I'm interested in what.you figure out. 

Not understanding what this means, please clarify:

"you have a balance of 3 6 9 s and not too much 6  s."

THANKS