Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catgirl

I used rubbing alcohol

7 posts in this topic

I get really bad OB, and can no longer take the medications prescribed, so I've been looking for alternatives. I had a horrible OB this past week and was SO sick, I raided my medicine cabinet for anything that could comfort me. Now I understand the logic of trying to dry out the sores, so I didn't want to reach for something like Vagisil (which does cut the itch, but keeps it around longer), so I tried good old rubbing alcohol and it's been three days and it's starting to scab up already! I usually get a bad OB around the same time I contracted HSV2 over 4 years ago; not sure if anyone else has the same experience. I don't think I would try this if it was internal, but this time my OB was not "inside". I would put the alcohol on a cotton ball and leave it on the sore for a minute or so. If the itching was really bad, I would do repeat a few times.

Hope this helps!

No burn

Honestly, they are not open sores yet, so I probably wouldn't suggest doing it while they are open. It didn't burn and it took away the itching a little bit.

ouch, mine were painful before they opened!! i couldn't imagine putting alcohol on it!! hahah =]

I recently read somewhere to put alcohol on the sores and of course I did!! With this ob I am having, I am willing to try almost anything. Well, I did the alcohol for a few days and besides it hurting like hell nothing else happened. :(

I have been using Purell, which apparently helps due to the alcohol. It burns, better the sores feel better after the burn goes away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• thebear123
      I get acne in that area and around my thigh like this if I wear my compression shorts or dirty underwear after exercise with hard sweating for awhile. How old is your daughter and does she play any sports?
    • Queenbeevivian
      Ok thank you Wilson, you have some what eased my mind so unless anything big  really happens for the time being will try to forget abt it.  I do know the mind is pretty powerful and can do crazy things. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No cause for concern at all. HSV-1 is simply too common to worry about, what are you going to do if he has it and you don't for example? Those infected with HSV-1 genitally are usually left in little doubt, at best its a patch of sores that itch pretty badly!
    • Queenbeevivian
      Otherwise u feel i shouldnt be concerned abt it in this moment and time?
    • throwawaynyc
      research halfords vaccine please, youre not up to date with whats available.
    • WilsoInAus
      Inside the mouth will more than likely not be herpes, just usual canker sores. This doesn't preclude you from having HSV-1. There is no real issue here. Without a desire to mutually test, then you are best putting it out of your mind. If you want to understand risks, then you need to mutually test, may as well for a range of STDs and explicitly request HSV, type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2.
    • Queenbeevivian
      I have never had a cold sore on the outside of my mouth that i can ever recall but have had them inside my mouth. 
    • WilsoInAus
      There is no real reason for you to suspect genital herpes at all based on what you describe. Your partner has an oral HSV-1 infection most probably, it is very common. As such, he is immune from a genital infection so there is no need to be concerned on that front. Do you get oral cold sores? 
    • Queenbeevivian
      Im not even sure where to put this topic, i thinki may have genital herpes not exactly sure when i got it but my fiance of two years gave me oral sex abt 5 days after that he got a cold sore on his lip and i started getting vaginal irritation to my knowledge of what i can see i have had a red pimple like sore 2xs on the inside of my labia but off and on it feels tingly and burning sensation i honestly cant tell if i get myself worked up believing something is there or not, but can be there 1 minute and gone the next which goes on for a few days sometimes it feels sore but there is nothing there i have nvr seen an actual sore or blister ever.  This all started in may this year so i am not sure wat to think.  My fiance hasn't had any kind of symptoms on his genitals as of yet.  He says were sticking thru this and everything will be fine.  Wat do u all think. I can go to the dr. But im embarrassed and ashamed and if it is herpes i dont really want to take the antivirals. Please help or would like some good advice. 
    • Lisajd
      Again him getting ghsv1 is low probability.  You already indicated your awareness of this in previous posts.  
  • Featured