Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catgirl

I used rubbing alcohol

7 posts in this topic

I get really bad OB, and can no longer take the medications prescribed, so I've been looking for alternatives. I had a horrible OB this past week and was SO sick, I raided my medicine cabinet for anything that could comfort me. Now I understand the logic of trying to dry out the sores, so I didn't want to reach for something like Vagisil (which does cut the itch, but keeps it around longer), so I tried good old rubbing alcohol and it's been three days and it's starting to scab up already! I usually get a bad OB around the same time I contracted HSV2 over 4 years ago; not sure if anyone else has the same experience. I don't think I would try this if it was internal, but this time my OB was not "inside". I would put the alcohol on a cotton ball and leave it on the sore for a minute or so. If the itching was really bad, I would do repeat a few times.

Hope this helps!

No burn

Honestly, they are not open sores yet, so I probably wouldn't suggest doing it while they are open. It didn't burn and it took away the itching a little bit.

ouch, mine were painful before they opened!! i couldn't imagine putting alcohol on it!! hahah =]

I recently read somewhere to put alcohol on the sores and of course I did!! With this ob I am having, I am willing to try almost anything. Well, I did the alcohol for a few days and besides it hurting like hell nothing else happened. :(

I have been using Purell, which apparently helps due to the alcohol. It burns, better the sores feel better after the burn goes away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Rsrch
      Yea, check the bottom of the page on this excision biotheraputics website... http://www.excisionbio.com/research
    • LucyLevi
      Sorry I don't understand... is there an issue to suggest he might not go with the theravax now?  
    • staypositiv3
      I think everyone (who has replied so far) agrees the symptoms described doesn't seem herpes related but as far as protecting yourself, I don't think there's anything wrong with being careful in terms of sharing personal things regardless.  You can catch any virus from doing that
    • Brokenforever
      Please god let this theravax be available. 
    • Free73
      This is how stigma is created though, when 'anecdotal' evidence is treated as clinical evidence. It was the same when HIV first appeared. It creates un-necessary fear and stigma and for no good reason.
    • Mogie89
      Legend. Thank you. This actually helped me.. at least for the moment.. i do feel gross amd disgusting. I've so far talked to 1 friend which is who I think I got it from and if I did he has no clue he has it and if not.. well he does now.. I just got told last night I had it. I had the first sore pop up a few days or weeks or so after I was with this friend and not too long after that I felt I was maybe getting the flu. I didn't think anything of it but that was back in July and about a week or 2 ago another sore came up so I went to the er  and they said it looked like herpes but it wasn't sore so they didn't think it was but anyways called last night and said I was positive.. I'm having a hard time with it. I been with my boyfriend a year in Oct and he been locked up since December.. he has made comment that he didn't care if I caught anythk g he still wants me.. he knows I cheated... which is why I feel more worse about it cause I got it I think when I cheated.. which I never cheat.. just lonely with him being away so long.. well I haven't been able to talk to my Bf yet but I'm hoping he meant what he said.. also his friend has herpes which is how I met him and they had shared girls before so I'm wondering if maybe I got it from him.. but I don't remember having a sore till this past july.. I just dunno. I'm just so confused and feel like a whore
    • Sanguine108
      There's numerous anecdotal evidence.  I don't understand why you think HSV is so picky about how it's transmitted.  Especially if the medium is favorable for its preservation and passing.
    • Mogie89
      I just got told earlier tonight that I hard herpes.. type 2.. and i feel gross and worthless.. not at all sure how to handle this or how I will deal with it. I been with my boyfriend a year and he has been gone a few months (locked up) song few months and I don't even know when I got this.. only time I'm thinking was back in July I was spending ti.e with My Friend and cheated then not to long after that I noticed a sore.. it.went away finally and about 2 weeks later another one came up which it's still here so went to the Dr Thursday and called today and told me that.. doesn't hurt or nothing don't bother me at all actually. And when I read about other people they say how painful it is.. so I'm just really confused bout it all
    • Free73
      HPV 1 & 2 is human papilloma virus type 1 and 2. In other words, you tested positive for genital warts, not herpes. She should have explained that to you, but HPV (genital warts) is the most common STD you can get.
    • WilsoInAus
      The only conclusion you can reach is that you have an oral HSV-1 infection just like 70% of the population. This is herpes, but your doctor is probably referring to genital herpes. Only a positive HSV-2 outcome on your test would give rise to concerns that you had genital herpes. The swab looks to have been negative. Your doctor is spot on.
  • Featured