World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bs9

Going to Russia for the Vitaherpavac vaccine

bs9

Hi all,

Just want to let you guys know I'm planning my trip to Russia to get the vaccine. I expect to go in Oct. Since plane tickets are way cheaper. I am going to call the clinic there to speak with the doctor and also my own doctor to get his opinion. After I do that I will make sure I have my visa, passport, and paperwork ready before hand. I can't wait to go!

Finallyhopeful

I can't wait to hear what happens! I've heard a tiny but about it, but don't know much. Is it a therapeutic vaccine? Like a cure, so to speak?

bs9

From what i understand it is not a cure, but therapeutic. It heightens your immune systems response to the virus and increases your antibody level.

Finallyhopeful

Hmmmm. If it works, I'd love to go have it too!

livinginshame

Please keep us inform. I'm thinking about planning a trip myself but money is tight so

it will probaly it early next yr. Hoping to get someone to go with me. I hope this work!

bs9

I will. I might have someone to go with too. Its nice to have company and it makes it cheaper for both! And i thought since im already there i might as well go to a few touris spots.

Movingslowly

I'm willing to go! I've actually been researching Russia extensively to be culturally inclined for when I go. Its a semi expensive trip. I'm not worried about the money at all, but I'm worried about going alone. The soonest I can go is early November. Just remember Russia has some of the coldest winters ever.

bs9

@movingslowly, if you want PM me. Yea its very cold in the winter that's why i wanted to go in october. I found the Michelle thomas system, which i find the best way to learn a language. You can get it on amazon.

Movingslowly

I'm planning my trip to Moscow. Depending if I'm going alone or in a group will determine if I go this fall or next spring. I have done extensive research and been exchanging emails with someone who has went.

Clinic I will be attending:

European Medical Center

5 Spiridonievsky per. Building 1

123104, Moscow Russia

Doctor:

Karina Vardanian

Treatment:

Vitaherpavac and Panavir injections

(Still waiting on reply email on total costs)

Hotel:

Peking Hotel or Melody Hotel

(located near the clinic and English speaking)

Need to notify hotel three days in advance to make sure you're still coming

Tour Guide:

Tat'yana Garbar

www.emc-mos.ru

+7 (495) 933 6555

(definitely need her to survive) LOL

Tourist Visa

approximately $200 only good for 30 days

(I have my passport, but traveling to Russia requires more)

ATMs located everywhere

Currency is rubles, but most places accept major credit cards such as Mastercard or Visa

Avoid exchanging currency at airport because of high exchange rates

Notify your bank of travel so your accounts don't become locked

220 Volt Electricity, so bringing my adapter for my hair straightner...LOL

My phone service is through Sprint. Need them to unlock my phone for calling purposes while I'm in Moscow

Making copies of all documents

Traffic can be backed up for three hours so always travel in advance

Taxi's can range from 600 rubles per hour or more

us.png Dollar $ 1 $ 5 $10 $ 50 $ 100 $ 200 $ 500

ru.png Rubleруб 32.64 руб 163 руб 326 руб 1632 руб 3264 руб 6528 руб 16319

ru.png Rubleруб 50 руб 250 руб 500 руб 2500 руб 5000 руб 10000 руб 25000

us.png Dollar $ 1.53 $7.66 $15.32 $ 76.6 $ 153 $ 306 $ 766

I'm still working on total price of trip

Finallyhopeful
I'm planning my trip to Moscow. Depending if I'm going alone or in a group will determine if I go this fall or next spring. I have done extensive research and been exchanging emails with someone who has went.

European Medical Center

123104, Moscow Russia

Doctor:

Karina Vardanian

Treatment:

Hotel:

Tour Guide:

Tat'yana Garbar

www.emc-mos.ru

+7 (495) 933 6555

Tourist Visa

ATMs located everywhere

Currency is rubles, but most places accept major credit cards such as Mastercard or Visa

My phone service is through Sprint. Need them to unlock my phone for calling purposes while I'm in Moscow

Do you have any idea how long you will have to be there to get the series of shots?

bs9

From what i recall from my conversation, depending on how long you stay will determine how many many shots you can get there. I think the guy said he got two and brought home the rest.

Movingslowly

To be honest all I now is about the vitaherpevac. Takes one day to get the first injection. Then you bring your booster shot home and six months later inject yourself with it. There could possible be more tests such as a immunology test before getting the vaccine. You need to contact the clinic you plan to visit first before traveling there. I'm still in the process of gathering all the info. I emailed EMC in Moscow on Friday asking for details and hope to hear back from them soon. Also, hoping to get info on panavir as well.

tonytwist007

Good luck. Would be very interested to hear about your results.

rett

Please keep us updated after you go! I am very excited about this vaccine. Easily the most promising treatment which currently exists. Time to start saving for that airfare to Russia!

sen

European Medical Center

123104, Moscow Russia

Doctor:

Karina Vardanian

Treatment:

Hotel:

Tour Guide:

Tat'yana Garbar

www.emc-mos.ru

+7 (495) 933 6555

Tourist Visa

ATMs located everywhere

Please let us know when you have the total figure on cost.

delilah9973

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I have acyclovir resistant herpes. I have never heard of this vaccine you mention. Can anyone here tell me more about it, how you found it, what other have told you who have had the vaccine? I would absolutely travel to Russia, or anywhere for that matter, if there was something that might help. I've had unending OBs since 1999. Thousands of them - no relief from any of the drugs in the U.S. market.

Hispanic820

This new vaccine sounds very promising. I'm ultra desparate at this point. My hsv had been pretty tame since 2007 and I would only get very mild outbreaks every 3 months or so and only took valtrex during outbreaks. However, since a few months ago, i've been getting extremely bad outbreaks almost every week. I have no idea what happened but no amount of supplements or valtex has helped. It is super ultra depressing. Would a bunch of members from the board considering going together? I wouldn't mind doing a group thing.

bs9

Hello everyone,

I finally went to see my Doctor and I spoke to him about me going to get the vaccine. At first he was totally against it because of the vaccine being in Russia. Then I told him everything about the vaccine, doctor's name, and where the clinic was and he was very impressed with all the information I had gathered. Now he is optimistic and I gave him the name of the vaccine for him to look up. I will be going back next month for a follow up. The only bad news is I have used my trip money to pay my bills and now it will have to wait :(

MisterShame

I'd be willing to join the group and travel together for sure. Do you absolutely have to know how to speak Russian or no?

bs9

No you dont need to speak Russian. What's funny is I was using google translator to email the clinic and the nurse there actually asked if we could communicate in English cause she didnt understand my Russian LOL. I'm actually looking into the Lupidon vaccine right now because you can get it shipped to you with a doctor's prescription. From what I gathered it seems that the difference between the two vaccines is that Lupidon isnt as strong as the vitaherpavac and you need to get a shot every month.

bs9

I wouldnt count on it ever coming to the U.S. But you can have it shipped from italy, so you dont have to wait.

leavemebeherp

Interesting thread. Ive had herpes for a month. I wonder if I get treated early if it will kill of the virus?

bs9

No, unfortunately once you have it you cant get rid of it. I would also suggest to anyone that has just got it to try and stay off antivirals for a month or so because i have been on it since i got it and have no been outbreak free ever and that was in february. A doctor told me that the meds are stopping the body from producing antibodies.

leavemebeherp

you mean you are not cured or healed from mr. herp?

I just skimmed through the thread. didnt read all of it.