World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
question24

confused

question24

Hi I just recently found out that I am pregnant and my doctor did a blood test. It came back that I do not have a STD but that I was exposed to herpes. This came as a complete shock because I never had a cold sore or bumps on my vagina. I am even more confused because I wasn't told what type of herpes and I wasn't prescribed medicine. In fact my next appointment is in a month. She told me not to blame my boyfriend and he should get tested. He was shocked because he just got tested and everything was negative but the Doctor said he has to ask for that particular test because it is not a standard std test. Now I am complete wreck because the matter wasn't explained properly. Am I overreacting comments will be greatly appreciated. Also has unprotected sex with him two days before the results. I know have a slight sore throat and worrying if thats a sign somethings gonna happen or mind over matter. I must stress I have no symptom for oral or genital. I have gotten razor bumps after shaving bikini area or a hair root but it goes away after a few days. Theres no pain or anything. sorry for the to much info. but I want to explain my situation thoroughly to get the best response. My bf is the only person I ever been with Im 24 and pregnant. please help

Acesheart
Hi I just recently found out that I am pregnant and my doctor did a blood test. It came back that I do not have a STD but that I was exposed to herpes. This came as a complete shock because I never had a cold sore or bumps on my vagina. I am even more confused because I wasn't told what type of herpes and I wasn't prescribed medicine. In fact my next appointment is in a month. She told me not to blame my boyfriend and he should get tested. He was shocked because he just got tested and everything was negative but the Doctor said he has to ask for that particular test because it is not a standard std test. Now I am complete wreck because the matter wasn't explained properly. Am I overreacting comments will be greatly appreciated. Also has unprotected sex with him two days before the results. I know have a slight sore throat and worrying if thats a sign somethings gonna happen or mind over matter. I must stress I have no symptom for oral or genital. I have gotten razor bumps after shaving bikini area or a hair root but it goes away after a few days. Theres no pain or anything. sorry for the to much info. but I want to explain my situation thoroughly to get the best response. My bf is the only person I ever been with Im 24 and pregnant. please help

Het question, welcome to the family :wavey: .. I had my daughter 5 years after I had herps. She is fine and Im married to a non H man as well for 22yrs now. :) . If your BF has never properly tested he could be like 80% who already had h in one form or another and never knew it. Many get as young children and they dont ever show signs.. question, you could also have had h for many years and just never knew it. You dont have to have sexy times to get h. Many get it from older family member who has had cold sores and didnt know it was herps. I stayed dormant for 23 years, just had a 2ob ever and it was very mild.. The test he and you need is the IGG blood test specific for detecting the h antibodies and it also type test, and shows numeric values.. If the two of you are going to be together , why are you worried ? y'all are going to be parents too Congratulations. :) .. Giving birth is a miracle and you will do fine. The DR's know what to look for so you dont have to worry if you have an ob. they will do a c-section, baby will be fine. It sounds like your DR is very good to talk to you about this, mine certainly didnt say a word just told me to go home and wash up.. I was married at the time :( . I am happy you found us and we are here for your support. Take care and please read all you can here in our lovely herpes library here is a good link. http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/having_children.htm , you will be fine.. Take care, Truly, Ace :hithere: