World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
corona

I hope you guys can help me with this question.

corona

A women with a active cold sore.. It looked to be healing and crusted over game me oral sex with a condom on.

Saliva was dripping down maybe touched my testicles.

Later I took my condom off and she gave me a hand job without saliva involved just lub.. She did not wash her hands.

I have type 1 oral herpes.

What are the chances I contracted genetal herpes?

WarriorKing

Cold sores are usually HSV1. If you already have oral herpes, HSV1, as you say, and have had it awhile, there is very little chance that you could get HSV1 in another location, like genitally.

corona

Ya that's what I have read.

I've been stressing about this lately.

Did I protect myself correctly?.. Was I at at risk at all from the encounter?

WarriorKing

Any time you just meet someone and the two of you do not talk first about having been tested for all STDs you are at risk of getting something. It would be more fun if we could just have casual sex with anyone at anytime without any concern about STDs or stalkers or angry boyfriends/girlfriends/married partners, but that isn't life here on Earth.

Kitty123

HSV to the best of my knowledge is from skin to skin contact. Not saliva.

Acesheart
A women with a active cold sore.. It looked to be healing and crusted over game me oral sex with a condom on.

Saliva was dripping down maybe touched my testicles.

Later I took my condom off and she gave me a hand job without saliva involved just lub.. She did not wash her hands.

I have type 1 oral herpes.

What are the chances I contracted genetal herpes?

Hey corona welcome to our site and welcome to our family. :) So you already have ohsv1 (oral herpes) this means that your body has built up some protective immunities to the oral h type 1 strain. You cannot get herps through saliva, you actually need skin to direct skin contact to transmit the h. I say the chances are almost impossible. Just because she had saliva and did not wash her hands doesn't mean she transmitted herps, It simple means she could learn some lessons on hygiene though. I say it is most probably your anxieties that are making you stress. Have you tryed the Vit.B12 complex , I do take it for stress & energy & nerves health, I always have but now it comes in liquid form ,i love it. Please relax and read all you can so you wont be so afraid of coming into contact with another who is h, like yourself. I have had ghsv2 for 24 years and I have never passed my h. Believe me we have had many hot and sweety nights and my husband is still non H. I do take suppressive therapies daily to keep my shedding down and my Ob's at bay. please take time to read this book. Take care and please feel free to ask any questions okay. Hugs, Truly Ace :hithere:

hatsu

you should be fine, corona. I think you could only catch it, if you were kissing her. plus you already have it, so you're ok. it's not like she have hsv on her hands, so it's not really skin to skin.