World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
blessed848

what are the chances

blessed848

Hello I am a 24 year old female who recently just found out that I had hsv 2. Me & my boyfriend got caught in the moment yesterday and had unprotected sex for the first time. I wanted to know what my chances was of transmitting him herpes even though I'm not going threw a ob and take antiviral medication. Iam so scared

Acesheart
Hello I am a 24 year old female who recently just found out that I had hsv 2. Me & my boyfriend got caught in the moment yesterday and had unprotected sex for the first time. I wanted to know what my chances was of transmitting him herpes even though I'm not going threw a ob and take antiviral medication. Iam so scared

Hey blessed welcome to our site and welcome to the family. :) The first year is the most contagious, but with antivirals and you being a female and no signs of an ob, the risk is like 2%. How long have the two of you been together? Has he been tested for herps? How long since your diagnosis? Have you had any additional outbreaks. These are just some questions to better help us help you. Take care honey. I'm ghsv2 for 24 years and I'm married to a non h man, we also have a daughter too. Hope to meet you soon. Truly, Ace :hithere:

Dummy
Hey blessed welcome to our site and welcome to the family. :) The first year is the most contagious, but with antivirals and you being a female and no signs of an ob, the risk is like 2%. How long have the two of you been together? Has he been tested for herps? How long since your diagnosis? Have you had any additional outbreaks. These are just some questions to better help us help you. Take care honey. I'm ghsv2 for 24 years and I'm married to a non h man, we also have a daughter too. Hope to meet you soon. Truly, Ace :hithere:

What if your a man... on lysine, b12, heavy vitamin c (just finished red marine algae and VS-C)... daily usage.. what is the risk percentage? Oh and not to mention.. I am 2 months diagnosed and within the last month I feel nerves moving as if a snake is crawling down my back , leg and feet. ..

Acesheart
What if your a man... on lysine, b12, heavy vitamin c (just finished red marine algae and VS-C)... daily usage.. what is the risk percentage? Oh and not to mention.. I am 2 months diagnosed and within the last month I feel nerves moving as if a snake is crawling down my back , leg and feet. ..

Hey Dummy, again honey you are no dummy. :) It is a bit higher percentage for male to female transmissions. I believe if you are on meds and taking Lysine and Vit.b, which should help the tingling feeling your experiencing, also using a condom it could being your risk to like 3%. Keep inmind that you are in the first year which is most contagious. I still say she could be the one who has h.aswell. There is a wonderful link on transmission rates, I'm on phone so its impossible to link you. The herpes library is located on the front page of the forum all the way to the right. Please read and learn all you can. Being dishonest in a marriage can ruin it, being truthful usually doesn't. I understand your fears, but if she was one who stayed Asymptomatic, then she really needs to know. H 2 is more contagious than h1. I wish I could give you the strength and luck you needed to tell. Unfortunately only you can make this decision when to tell. Noone can say what your chances of transmission truly are. I am just very oddball, I've never passed my h. We have had sexy times when I was shedding, I know because we made love many days every month for years, we are very passionate people. By all statistics he surely would have gotten it by now, but two months almost, he tested and Yay, he's still non h. He did it for me, he didn't care what it said. This is a marriage for life, we took vows for life. I wish you best of luck. God bless you both, and give you the strength to tell her, give her the wisdom to understand. If you want, I will speak with her here, let her know my ghsv2 stayed dormant for 23 years. I just had a second outbreak a few months ago. I'm here if you need me. If I can help, feel free to let me know. Good luck, hugs Ace :)

Dummy
Hey Dummy, again honey you are no dummy. :) It is a bit higher percentage for male to female transmissions. I believe if you are on meds and taking Lysine and Vit.b, which should help the tingling feeling your experiencing, also using a condom it could being your risk to like 3%. Keep inmind that you are in the first year which is most contagious. I still say she could be the one who has h.aswell. There is a wonderful link on transmission rates, I'm on phone so its impossible to link you. The herpes library is located on the front page of the forum all the way to the right. Please read and learn all you can. Being dishonest in a marriage can ruin it, being truthful usually doesn't. I understand your fears, but if she was one who stayed Asymptomatic, then she really needs to know. H 2 is more contagious than h1. I wish I could give you the strength and luck you needed to tell. Unfortunately only you can make this decision when to tell. Noone can say what your chances of transmission truly are. I am just very oddball, I've never passed my h. We have had sexy times when I was shedding, I know because we made love many days every month for years, we are very passionate people. By all statistics he surely would have gotten it by now, but two months almost, he tested and Yay, he's still non h. He did it for me, he didn't care what it said. This is a marriage for life, we took vows for life. I wish you best of luck. God bless you both, and give you the strength to tell her, give her the wisdom to understand. If you want, I will speak with her here, let her know my ghsv2 stayed dormant for 23 years. I just had a second outbreak a few months ago. I'm here if you need me. If I can help, feel free to let me know. Good luck, hugs Ace :)

Wow to think we have to go back to condoms... And IF she stays trust we will have to!! She is not going to stay unprotected .. She's is goin to freak out if she is not positive.. Oh boy!!!

Acesheart

Hey we don't use protections anymore , we used condoms over a year ago and have never used for oral. My husband says it is like eating cheese with wrappers on. LOL. But since we are married as long as we have been, he doesn't care about h. He knows I do all I can to protect him. It's his choice and this past year, especially after he tested, I feel so relieved to know he is and always has been comfortable with my h. He has never wavered. But o guess deep down I do worry some, but it has never stopped us. Let it he her choice. We didn't even know condoms only gave 30% protections from h, so it wasn't in my mind that he could still get my h with a condom. Funny, ironic how the mind works. Take care, Ace :)