World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpyro

Found out yesterday, I'm only 17. help me

pinkpyro

I went to the doctors yesterday due to extreme pain and discomfort. When she told me it was without a doubt herpes I could not stop crying. I could not for the life of me figure out where I could have gotten it from. I noticed nothing on my boyfriend. I did remember he burnt his lip though and I told her that and she said that it was from that because it was a cold sore. I had no idea a cold sore on someone lip could turn into genital herpes that I will now have forever. I started taking to types of pills yesterday, but the pain is so intense no matter what I do. I cry all the time because of the pain. It feels horrendous when I pee I just want to die it hurts so bad. I live with my grandparents and they have no idea they think I have a bladder infection. The only people that know are my mom my boyfriend and his mom. They all were supportive but I feel like this has changed me as a person like this has messed up everything becasue ill always have it. I'm not the most positive person to begin with and this is so depressing. I just don't know what to do. It hurts so bad and I feel lost. What can I do to relieve the pain? taking a bath hurts so does a shower... and what can I do to end my negative thoughts? I keep thinking why me what did I do to deserve this? I don't see the piont in continuing on with my life now that I have this..

hatsu

you should ask your doctor to give you lidocaine, it helps numb the lesions a bit. I've also heard the Epsom ( I'm not sure if I spelled that right ) is suppose to help heal the lesions, when you take a bath. one of the gyn I've seen said, when you're urinating take a cup of water and let the water run down your vagina when you're urinating, or go in the tub because you're surrounded with water so it won't hurt as much. in about two weeks you should be better, at least that's what I've experienced. I was terrified as well, when I first found out. but life goes on and you'll learn to live with this as well, pinkpyro.

best of luck to you.

djtaucher

The initial outbreak is always the worst, I hear. If you can get through this, it will pass. You can take antiviral drugs, and you can eat well and take L-Lysine supplements and keep your immune system up.

non stop guy

Very sorry your going through this young lady.did your dr take a swab of the sores so u can know what type it is.this is very important.

Hottfoxxy

If ur boyfriend had a cold sore which is oral herpes and gave u oral sex then yes it can cause u to have genital herpes.. Has he been tested?? Also did they type test it to let u know if it was 1 or 2... Epsom salt baths do wonders zinc oxide cream helps dry out the sores try to keep hands away from sores dry urself with a blow dryer on cool setting.. If u touch the area wash ur hands right away the sores are very contagious.. The first year is when ur the most contagious.. U don't want to touch the sores the touch another area of ur body.. But basic hygiene as u normally due after going to the bathroom.. Take antivirals they will help speed the healing and replication of the virus..

stahlgewitter

How long after the incident with the coldsore did you have your first symptoms or outbreak?

pinkpyro

Yeah I forget the term she used but she poked a sore with a needle and swabbed it. Can you enlighten me on the types and what's different? I'm trying to stay positive but I'm struggling.. :/

pinkpyro

He got tested the day I found out. He is clean. And I try to wash my hands no matter what I'm doing. I was finally able to take a bath yesterday without to much discomfort. Im hoping the medication the doctor has prescribed to me starts to work. I've heard that in general if you have a cut or burn or anything like that, that if it is itching it means it's healing? Is that the same with this or no?

pinkpyro

I had first contact with the coldsore last thursday and I noticed things that weekend. I just thought I was sore from sex. Then for a few days I thought the pain was from a possible tear. I wish thats what it was...

Acesheart
I went to the doctors yesterday due to extreme pain and discomfort. When she told me it was without a doubt herpes I could not stop crying. I could not for the life of me figure out where I could have gotten it from. I noticed nothing on my boyfriend. I did remember he burnt his lip though and I told her that and she said that it was from that because it was a cold sore. I had no idea a cold sore on someone lip could turn into genital herpes that I will now have forever. I started taking to types of pills yesterday, but the pain is so intense no matter what I do. I cry all the time because of the pain. It feels horrendous when I pee I just want to die it hurts so bad. I live with my grandparents and they have no idea they think I have a bladder infection. The only people that know are my mom my boyfriend and his mom. They all were supportive but I feel like this has changed me as a person like this has messed up everything becasue ill always have it. I'm not the most positive person to begin with and this is so depressing. I just don't know what to do. It hurts so bad and I feel lost. What can I do to relieve the pain? taking a bath hurts so does a shower... and what can I do to end my negative thoughts? I keep thinking why me what did I do to deserve this? I don't see the piont in continuing on with my life now that I have this..

Hey pink welcome to the family :) .. First off let me say that ur dr is an idiot! She cannot possibly know that ur bf's lip was herps or that he truely didnt burn it. Second You could have gotten this h from anyone who you have been with. Many get h as young children and they usually get it from someone who is older, a family memeber or older friend of family , these people dont know cold sores are h. Try to get some Epsom Salts for the bath waters. These relieve the sores and soreness and help these sores heal quicker. I know it burns but these salts will help this heal. If you are H1 oral apply the water & salts mixture to a wash cloth and apply to the affected areas.. Also get some tucks wipes, they are for hemmoriods , but they have a numbing agent in them. You can take a bath in the Epsom Salts and then after you get out apply Zinc Cream or Lysine cream , it too will help heal the sores. Many have h but never know it till properly tested so therefore they never know. 80% of the populations have h in one form or another. 1 in 4 woman and 1 in 5 men have genital herps. You say he is CLEAR, but did he properly test specificately for herps? Many don't. Have you seen his test results , they will have numeric values on them. So please just know it will get better and read all you can about your h. www.westoverheights.com here is a good book please read when you feel up to it. Also we have much good informations in our lovely herps library here in the forum on the right hand side of the pages when you log in. Take care hon. Truly Ace :hithere:

pinkpyro

Thank you so much for the advice. Everytime I would try to ask her something so I could better understand she would interupt me. I wanted to know how after this outbreak heals how I could best keep and maintain outbreaks from happening so often. He went to the health department to get tested but he was told they dont do that. So he went to the hospital and asked to be tested. All they did was examine him, no blood work or anything and told him he was clean. I guess I'm the type of person who needs to know exactly whats wrong and how I can make it better and keep it that way. I know that I will always have it and Im having a very difficult time comming to terms with it but Im trying. I think after this first outbreak goes away I will feel better. Im going to try and make it a point to eat better and live healthier they say that will help. Im just really scared and dont have anyone to talk to. My boyfriend thinks its his fault... I have no idea how this happened..

Acesheart

Hey either one of you, if either of you had sex like oral if yours is gh, could have had it for years and just never knew. He or you could have had oral h from an older family member or one of their friends, and got oral h that way. If you two are together it really doesn't matter. If he is h1 oral and your genital herps. It won't matter. Just be there and support one another. H is a very common virus. Many have and never show signs. As long as you both have support and you now have it here , then you will be fine. Asking how and when doesn't matter. It's what we do with the here and now that counts. :) . Take care of each other, get plenty rest.and eat well. Support each other and bring him here. We can help you both learn good copeing skills. Take care, hugs Truly, Ace :hithere:

pinkpyro

Thank you. It means a lot knowing I can get on here and talk to someone who truly understands. I know everything will be okay but its hard.