World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Itsmeeeee

I don't really know what to say or do so I'll just type and hope for the best......

Itsmeeeee

Hey to anyone who reads this. My names K and I'm 30yrs old. Was told a few days ago that I have genital herpes. After a month and a half of being ignored by my doctor and accused of being mental, leaving the surgery crying my eyes out, I went straight to my local GUM Clinic who agreed to look down below.

She found 2 tiny little blisters inside me. She was amazed that my doctor didnt believe the pain I was in. I just felt relief that someone actually believed me. She gave me some tablets to take, 5 for 5 days which I've taken, the first few days my symptoms improved. No more feeling like I've been kicked or burning. Then they came back. I'm not sure what to do. I know I'm depressed, will burst into tears for no reason, I just want to sleep.

The only person I've told is my mum, shes been great but i need to get better to help her, shes disabled and all we have is each other.

I have an appointment with GUM doctor on Friday, so I'll see what she says. I'll do anything to feel like me again.

I just wanted to say Hi, and I hope if anyone reads this that they are well and happy too. I hope one day I will be, I've never felt so alone.

Acesheart
Hey to anyone who reads this. My names K and I'm 30yrs old. Was told a few days ago that I have genital herpes. After a month and a half of being ignored by my doctor and accused of being mental, leaving the surgery crying my eyes out, I went straight to my local GUM Clinic who agreed to look down below.

She found 2 tiny little blisters inside me. She was amazed that my doctor didnt believe the pain I was in. I just felt relief that someone actually believed me. She gave me some tablets to take, 5 for 5 days which I've taken, the first few days my symptoms improved. No more feeling like I've been kicked or burning. Then they came back. I'm not sure what to do. I know I'm depressed, will burst into tears for no reason, I just want to sleep.

The only person I've told is my mum, shes been great but i need to get better to help her, shes disabled and all we have is each other.

I have an appointment with GUM doctor on Friday, so I'll see what she says. I'll do anything to feel like me again.

I just wanted to say Hi, and I hope if anyone reads this that they are well and happy too. I hope one day I will be, I've never felt so alone.

Hey itsme, welcome to our site :wavey: I too have had genital herps type 2 for the past 24 years. When you say Gum clinic, I'm to assume your in the UK ? I have spoken with many there and believe me your not the only one there that has had ignorant or uneducated doctors. You are not alone. Get some Epsom salts for your bath waters. Also get on Lysine it will help keep h from replicating in the body. I also recommend Vit.b12 it promotes nerves health, gives energy and relieves stresses. I take antivirals and these other two things daily. I know how hard it is. My last Dr declared me cured after being dormant for 23 years, I was having my second ob ever. I've only had two on my meds. Take care and try these things I've mentioned. It will get better and you will start to feel like yourself again. I am sorry for your mom honey, we took care of my Fil when he had brain cancer, tended him till he passed. It's a hard thing but truley makes you a wonderful daughter. Take care and just know your not alone. Hugs bebe, truly Ace :)

Itsmeeeee

Hey Ace! Thank you for replying to me, I didn't think anyone would, it means a lot ") Yes I'm in the UK and surrounded by many many ignorant doctors, its either because I'm chubby or I smoke here, I assume its been the same for others. Hes put me on an anti depressant that works on the nerves, its called Amitriptyline, still in the box!

You sound really strong and brave, I hope I can be like you soon I really do. I'll get on with what you've advised straight away, in fact im going to get dressed and mooch down to the chemist now! Thank you for giving me hope, my mum says Thank you too. I want to get better for her, I'm so happy you understand but I'm sorry for your loss. It means a lot knowing that someones out there who knows and who hasnt judged me, that wants to help and who understands. Take care and for what must be the millionth time, written here and in my mind Thank you Xxxxxx

Acesheart

Hey sweety it should not matter how you look, or if you smoke, you deserve respect. I can relate to you and your hardships your dealing with. I've been there. I even had the Dr , who I see now, he says I don't look like a woman with h. So me being me I had to ask " hey what do they look like"? He actually said oh oh I stuck my foot in it didn't I. I said you sure did, lol. He gave me my two years of supressive therapy antivirals and actually sat down heard me out and took the informations I gave him about this site. It's ashamed we are judged for so many reasons , there will always be some ignorant person, just ignore them. These are people who won't matter in your life. Take care sweety, I'm here if you need me. Hugs, Ace :hithere:

hatsu

no one here will judge you, Itsmeeeee. we're all going through the same things you're going through, or have been. like Ace said, this site is really great. you'll most likely find all the information you'd want in this site. you can ask anything, or just simply vent. we're all here to listen to you and give you a shoulder to cry on ;D . don't worry, within time you'll start cheering up a bit :D.