World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Bter

Career fall out

Bter

I'm a trained GAAP auditor.. I'm awesome at what I do, unfortunately my job involves deadlines, a ton of stress! And working under pressure..

I would always go to work during cold sore outbreaks, but its becoming unbearable:( my body is tired of fighting off these outbreaks.. They literally drain all I have in my system... I get so weak and tired I can barely function .. All my body is doing is trying to fight this disease, and constantly! I'm not sure how much longer I can survive like this :( I feel like a defect that should be tossed aside since there is no fixing me..

I can't handle work during outbreaks anymore and since I hibernate for most outbreaks now I'm losing my job :( there is too much work and my firm can't afford my time off .. I'm so lost, auditing is the only thing I know, I'm scared

lovelyoptimistic

Have you considered suppressive therapy? Maybe take vitamin c tablets? There are other supplements you can take too. I take suppressive therapy and haven't had any side effects. Since it's greatly interfering with your daily activities you may want to try it. Also stress triggers it too. So you're probably even more stressed out from having these outbreaks, add this on top of your job stress you're probably really run down. Def make a dr appointment

Acesheart
I'm a trained GAAP auditor.. I'm awesome at what I do, unfortunately my job involves deadlines, a ton of stress! And working under pressure..

I would always go to work during cold sore outbreaks, but its becoming unbearable:( my body is tired of fighting off these outbreaks.. They literally drain all I have in my system... I get so weak and tired I can barely function .. All my body is doing is trying to fight this disease, and constantly! I'm not sure how much longer I can survive like this :( I feel like a defect that should be tossed aside since there is no fixing me..

I can't handle work during outbreaks anymore and since I hibernate for most outbreaks now I'm losing my job :( there is too much work and my firm can't afford my time off .. I'm so lost, auditing is the only thing I know, I'm scared

Hey Bter, welcome :) .. I have always taken Vit.b12 complex. Now I take liquid Vit b with b12 in it, its a sublingual. It's called Natures Bounty , white box big green B on front. I get it at walgreens, and it is fast acting. I use to teach and I needed all my energies. I also have a busy hubby and daughter, so pretty much hectic life. I live stressed. I've had ghsv2 for 24 years and I've only had two ob's ever. I take daily supressive therapies, Valacyclovir, its generic Valtrex. Try this and see if it helps. I've spoken with many who say it works for them, it has always worked for me ;) . Take care, Truly, Ace :hithere:

cacciato

i'm sort of confused here. your body is physically weak during the outbreaks? flu like symptoms i assume? like others have suggested, suppressive therapy is a proven method to deal with outbreaks. sounds like you have a good job and i'm sure you have the good health insurance to go along with it. i was diagnosed about seven weeks ago and i'm on suppressive therapy.

also, how much of this has to do with your thinking? granted, i'm new to this, but i'm trying to deal with the mental part of it. just look at some of the words you use: unbearable, disease, survive, defect, fixing me. is herpes the culprit or is the THOUGHT of herpes the culprit? trust me, i'm dealing with these same issues, but our mindset is probably our greatest tool.

lastly, have you considered yoga or meditation? sounds like stress is hurting you. maybe you need to get to the root cause, which to me, sounds like stress.

luckyCat

I agree yoga and meditation can help a LOT. I would also suggest (if you have access to a pool) going swimming like 3 times a week. I mean you dont even have to swim really, you can just float and paddle around..it can be very soothing. If you swim hard, youll really feel too tired to worry about the Herp and may even sleep better. Plus the chlorine in the water can help dry up outbreak so it heals faster. (it wont burn, I promise) You dont really mention much about your diet but, if youre eating a lot of crappy food that can also affect your feelings of well being also.

tonyb

My tuppence of input from experience.

I'm posting throughout the site to help others.

It's now unbelievably EIGHT years since my contemplation of suicide.

Well I'm still here and have not had an outbreak this year.

You don't have to wait 8 years. I'd say 1-3 years.

Here's the trick(s). First three years or until things ease up:

No alcohol

No nuts (arginine)

No chocolate (arginie)

Take 3g of lysine a day (1 mg tablet three times a day as a base)

Take Vitamin C and Zinc combo everyday (helps your immune defense)

THE KEY: get hold of some Valtrex or generic Valtrex. To this day I buy Valcivir.

I can't be asked to know the rules on here at this time of writing but can tell you to try this.

It's where I get my Valcivir from. Pretty easy and not expensive. I always have a bunch of tablets ready in case.

Having them there allows you to have some confidence that you can control an OB.

1mg or 500mg tablets. If I get an OB starting I take 3mg and that kills the OB there and then.

I will follow up with 2mg the next day spread out just to make sure.

Sure beats a week of avoiding human life and feeling like a leper (no disrespect to lepers).

As you are newly infected you have all the physical pain in the world to come.

Trust me, sitting at work squirming while you are having a raw OB is not fun.

The mental scars do not go until you get some element of control and predictability over your OBs.

Oh, and I have unprotected sex these days and have not infected any partners.

You will learn to be careful, you will listen to your body.

Acesheart
My tuppence of input from experience.

I'm posting throughout the site to help others.

It's now unbelievably EIGHT years since my contemplation of suicide.

Well I'm still here and have not had an outbreak this year.

You don't have to wait 8 years. I'd say 1-3 years.

Here's the trick(s). First three years or until things ease up:

No alcohol

No nuts (arginine)

No chocolate (arginie)

Take 3g of lysine a day (1 mg tablet three times a day as a base)

Take Vitamin C and Zinc combo everyday (helps your immune defense)

THE KEY: get hold of some Valtrex or generic Valtrex. To this day I buy Valcivir.

I can't be asked to know the rules on here at this time of writing but can tell you to try this.

It's where I get my Valcivir from. Pretty easy and not expensive. I always have a bunch of tablets ready in case.

Having them there allows you to have some confidence that you can control an OB.

1mg or 500mg tablets. If I get an OB starting I take 3mg and that kills the OB there and then.

I will follow up with 2mg the next day spread out just to make sure.

Sure beats a week of avoiding human life and feeling like a leper (no disrespect to lepers).

As you are newly infected you have all the physical pain in the world to come.

Trust me, sitting at work squirming while you are having a raw OB is not fun.

The mental scars do not go until you get some element of control and predictability over your OBs.

Oh, and I have unprotected sex these days and have not infected any partners.

You will learn to be careful, you will listen to your body.

Hey tonyb, welcome to our site. Did you read the forum rules before you posted as suggested when you first join? http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/showthread.php?30786-Please-read-before-posting&goto=newpost , here please read these. We DO NOT ENCOURAGE anyone getting these medications/antivirals without a doctor's knowledge and diagnosis. Many come here and assume they have herps, when in fact they have never tested. The generic form of Valtrex is called Valacyclovir, not valcivir.. Many medications have similar spounding names and can be harmful if those who have not been diagnosed, consumed. Please read the rules and know that personal experiences are happily welcomed. We learn from each other, but I do not recommend anyone just get a hold of some antivirals and start to take them thinking this will solve their outbreak problems. Thanks for understanding. We also do not recomend that anyone take high doses of Lysine unless your dr. has approved that amount. The site recommends 1250mg's a day. Too much can cause intestinal issues. I know I have bleeding ulcers and was told to back it down to reduce the stomach discomfort and pain , by my DR. I have had ghsv2 for 24 years and I just started this Valacyclovir several years ago. I started on Acyclovir and after 16 years , switched to Valtrex, back then we did not have a generic form avaliable. Take care and PLEASE to all newbies , GET TESTED before starting any drugs and PLEASE do this under doctors care. Take care, Ace :hithere:

Duhmaner

Vit C, bioflavanoids, lysine. its helped me a ton, for full body feeling like crap, should help!