World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tooyoungforthiss

18 and feeling like my life is over

tooyoungforthiss

I only just turned 18 and I am feeling like my life is already over. I was diagnosed 3 days ago with herpes. I have never felt so alone because I feel too embarrassed and ashamed to tell my parents or any friends. I have only had sex with 3 guys and unsure who gave it to me which makes it worse. I just wish I could take everything back, as none of this pain is worth it. I can't stop crying and thinking about how I have to deal with this for the rest of my life because of some stupid fun that ment nothing. I never, ever thought this would happen to me especially because I only recently started having sex. It helps reading that there are other people out there. I hope I can come to terms with this soon :(

If anyone is still young and has any tips or opinions on telling your parents-or if you told them at all- it would be great to hear.

Thanks

L.

Acesheart
I only just turned 18 and I am feeling like my life is already over. I was diagnosed 3 days ago with herpes. I have never felt so alone because I feel too embarrassed and ashamed to tell my parents or any friends. I have only had sex with 3 guys and unsure who gave it to me which makes it worse. I just wish I could take everything back, as none of this pain is worth it. I can't stop crying and thinking about how I have to deal with this for the rest of my life because of some stupid fun that ment nothing. I never, ever thought this would happen to me especially because I only recently started having sex. It helps reading that there are other people out there. I hope I can come to terms with this soon :(

If anyone is still young and has any tips or opinions on telling your parents-or if you told them at all- it would be great to hear.

Thanks

L.

Hey tooyoung, welcome to our site :) . Noone is ever too young Im afraid. Many get herps as young children , from older family members and they never know it. Yes getting your H at 18 is bad now , but in time it will be good. Your body will have a long time build antibodies and you may never have another ob after the first year. I have ghsv2 for 24 years, I no longer get ob's. I just had my 2nd ob, just months ago. I take antivirals daily and they keep my shedding down and my ob's supressed. I had only had one other partner when I married at 26, I got my Y from my then husband. I am now married to a non H man I also have a daughter she too is non H. So I can tell you life does and will get better. Honey we are all human and we all make mistakes , it is called life. But we become adults we take responsibility for them. I give my H no powers over me or my marriage. I give it no controls. We have lived a very good life and I am now to where I dont think of h. It rarely crosses my mind excapt when I come here tell my story. lol. Take care hon, read all you can. Truly, Ace :hithere:

RavenBlue

Your life is not over

I started seeing a therapist when I felt like I couldn't tell anyone. Eventually, i told my mom & my best friend. My mom is a nurse & she doesnt get surprised very easily. She was very sympathetic & im glad i told her. Its important to note that you didn't give yourself hsv. Sex is inherently risky, all we can do is reduce the risk. Hsv is a common viral skin infection. In time, the frequency & duration of the outbreaks will decrease. Personally, I think this situation made me wake up & take better care of my health. I found a partner who understands me & we always use protection. This isn't the end of your life and things will get better.

younghopeless

I feel you

im 18. diagnosed today. your not alone. I'm heart broken. but I felt the need to make an account to tell you that your not Alone. I hope life gets better. for both of us cause we don't deserve this. havnt even lived half our lives yet. I'm so sorry

hollister16

to "18 and feeling like my life is over"

its going to be ok , the first initial shock is the worst it does get a litter easier. I was 15 when I found out and got it from my first love. I actually got so sick I spent 5 days in hospital. my doc told me it was one of the worst outbreaks she had ever seen. ya i wanted to die,felt like my life was over but each day it better. its still very very hard but hang in there :) :)

filmnoir

I felt the exact same way. But all in all youre life is not over. Sure this is sort of like life slapoing you in the face and telling you to wake up. But in reality dont let this diagnosis break you. We arent going to die. We can still live normal lives. There is no going down from here only up. I am 20 turning 21 in a few days I did cry when I found out a week from yesterday. I felt dirty and so shitty. But no one ever expects it. Its not as if you asked for it.... We are all good people do not lwt this get to you.