World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Northern2012

Found out a week ago.

Northern2012

I can't believe how much a persons life can change when they find out they have this nasty virus. I had not been with anyone in almost 2 years and am still in shock.

I feel dirty and ashamed. Unwanted, and am so scared for my future. I feel that I have to shut myself away from society. It is a very judgemental one.

Been reading up on how to live and deal with this, and wish it was an easy thing to get over.

The itch and the pain wakes me up. I really wonder if it's worth going on. I think about suicide, but won't do anything. It's just a thought and an escape.

RockstarAlien

I'm exactly the same and I've only recently got it. I got it on my face though. I haven't even slept with anyone yet. So I find it hard even though its on my face. It's a real kick in the teeth. I used to be optimistic and confident and enjoying the life i had. Now I'm depressed and a recluse. I'm supposed to be at college right now but i find it extremely hard to leave the house. Going to try and go on the lunch break.

My wallowing is stressing my mum out I know it is. But I can't help it. I feel I've lost the future I should have had. I've been very suicidal more as as I'm completely angry at myself coz I wasn't well the day I caught it and I don't think I was thinking straight coz of it.

I know gentially has more of a stigma and its the stigma that hurts people. But I've always been overly cautious about hygiene and so on, I wouldn't even drink out of a cup if it had the slightest stain. I'd stand there and make sure it was scrubbed clean before I or anyone drinks out of it. Now I don't care. So my standards have changed. I feel dirty and ashamed too. So you're not alone.

Acesheart
I can't believe how much a persons life can change when they find out they have this nasty virus. I had not been with anyone in almost 2 years and am still in shock.

I feel dirty and ashamed. Unwanted, and am so scared for my future. I feel that I have to shut myself away from society. It is a very judgemental one.

Been reading up on how to live and deal with this, and wish it was an easy thing to get over.

The itch and the pain wakes me up. I really wonder if it's worth going on. I think about suicide, but won't do anything. It's just a thought and an escape.

Hey Northern, welcome to our site :wavey: . Many of us have felt what your feeling. The h can lay dormant in the body for decades I'm proof :) , but shutting yourself off isn't the answer. I have had ghsv2 for 24 years now. I stayed two years before I let my now husband into my world. I was married when I got my h, asked those questions why me. For the Itches try tucks wipes or bactine. For your rest try Melatonin , try ibuprofin for pain. Trying to get the brains to shut down is one of my biggest problems, but not about h, just everyday life in general. I'm very happy to know you would never truly act on these suicidal tendencies. I lost a son and no bigger pain as a mother than loss of a child. Please relax your h could and probably in your body for years. It was shocking to me that after 23 years I could still get an ob. Imagine my surprise. ;) .. Take care and eat well, stay well and just take it baby steps. Noone expects you to get it done sooner, h has its own mind, but we can help our bodies adjust. Get some Lysine , this will keep h from replicating in the body. I also take Vit.b12, it gives energy, promotes nerves health and relieves stresses. Natures Bounty is its name. I get at Walgreens. Take care hon. Truly, Ace :hithere:

Northern2012

Hi. I do hope you make it back to campus today. Please let me know how it goes.

Your thoughts on suicide are just thoughts I hope. Remember that your Mum loves you and so do many other family and friends.

I have checked out a few H sites, and this site seems to be the best. I am sure you will have lots of support when you talk of your day and how bad it was and how good it was too.

Will be thinking of you and cheering you on in my thoughts when you go to campus!

I'm exactly the same and I've only recently got it. I got it on my face though. I haven't even slept with anyone yet. So I find it hard even though its on my face. It's a real kick in the teeth. I used to be optimistic and confident and enjoying the life i had. Now I'm depressed and a recluse. I'm supposed to be at college right now but i find it extremely hard to leave the house. Going to try and go on the lunch break.

My wallowing is stressing my mum out I know it is. But I can't help it. I feel I've lost the future I should have had. I've been very suicidal more as as I'm completely angry at myself coz I wasn't well the day I caught it and I don't think I was thinking straight coz of it.

I know gentially has more of a stigma and its the stigma that hurts people. But I've always been overly cautious about hygiene and so on, I wouldn't even drink out of a cup if it had the slightest stain. I'd stand there and make sure it was scrubbed clean before I or anyone drinks out of it. Now I don't care. So my standards have changed. I feel dirty and ashamed too. So you're not alone.

Northern2012

Morning Ace. Thank you for your advice on how to deal with the pain and itches. Will have to do some checking on where to get Naures Bounty - we don't have a Walgreens as of yet here in Canada.

I know that as each day passes, I will be more forgiving on myself.

I am sorry to read about your Son. I know that they say time heals all wounds - but that is not the truth. We just learn to harden ourselves to letting people know we hurt.

Take good care & look forward to reading more of your posts to other H' survivors... :)

Acesheart
Morning Ace. Thank you for your advice on how to deal with the pain and itches. Will have to do some checking on where to get Naures Bounty - we don't have a Walgreens as of yet here in Canada.

I know that as each day passes, I will be more forgiving on myself.

I am sorry to read about your Son. I know that they say time heals all wounds - but that is not the truth. We just learn to harden ourselves to letting people know we hurt.

Take good care & look forward to reading more of your posts to other H' survivors... :)

I believe you can also find at most drugs stores or mabe order on line Naturesbounty .com ?? I dont know. Thank you for stopping by the Chat it certainly was nice meeting you this morning. If I can help please dont hesitate to ask. Take care hon, hugs Ace :hithere: