World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
question24

hurt

question24

so I found out that I have hsv2 and im pregnant. Im hurt because my boyfriend was the only person I ever been with. I lost my virginity to him at 22 and now im 24 and have herpes. He cheated on me big time through out our relationship and I always took him back. Now I feel numb honestly. Im not gonna crawl under a rock and die but im hurt. I dont know when i got it all i know is i never had a outbreak. I guess it hurts a little more because I never slept around I tried to be a good girl and i still got screwed in the end. but thats life i guess. Im greatful I came across this site because I dont feel alone

Number7
so I found out that I have hsv2 and im pregnant. Im hurt because my boyfriend was the only person I ever been with. I lost my virginity to him at 22 and now im 24 and have herpes. He cheated on me big time through out our relationship and I always took him back. Now I feel numb honestly. Im not gonna crawl under a rock and die but im hurt. I dont know when i got it all i know is i never had a outbreak. I guess it hurts a little more because I never slept around I tried to be a good girl and i still got screwed in the end. but thats life i guess. Im greatful I came across this site because I dont feel alone

It will get better with time. Please learn from this that when we perceive others to be like us (ones that would never cheat, steal, deceive) we get hurt in the end. Raise your awareness level and watch harder how they treat others they claim to love---if you look and listen hard enough, you will surely see.........so you can prevent getting hurt again.

When you were tested for hsv2, did you also test for hsv1?

Your coming baby will bring you such joy.....try to focus on that innocent child rather than the man that hurt you.

question24

yea I tested for hsv1 and 2. Positive for hsv2 neg. hsv1. Ive been tested and everything came back clean. The difference is since im pregnant my doc tested for hsv. She said alot of people dont know they have it because they dont have symptoms and normal std test dont test that. Everything has changed I was trying to cope with being pregnant now I have to worry about hsv2. I never had symptoms or a outbreak so now im worried about when thats gonna happen.

Number7
yea I tested for hsv1 and 2. Positive for hsv2 neg. hsv1. Ive been tested and everything came back clean. The difference is since im pregnant my doc tested for hsv. She said alot of people dont know they have it because they dont have symptoms and normal std test dont test that. Everything has changed I was trying to cope with being pregnant now I have to worry about hsv2. I never had symptoms or a outbreak so now im worried about when thats gonna happen.

Do you know what your results were?---positive/negative or numerical for hsv2?

Number7
positive for hsv2 negative for hsv1. I dont know the numerical

You might want to ask your doctor for a copy. The herpeselect Immunoblot gives a positive/negative result. I always suspect that when a person does not have any symptoms and finds they have hsv2, a lot of times they actually hsv1 before acquiring hsv2. The current testing misses 1 out of every 10 for hsv1. The herpeselect Elisa gives numerical results and anything over 1.9 is considered positive although it has been found now that that number is actually a low positive and suggestive of other testing. Some doctors do not know this. That's why you might want to get more info from your doctor to confirm for sure you have hsv2. I only say this because you say you have no symptoms.

question24

she was so mean./i dont like my doc shes insurance hungry if that makes sense. i think the number was herpeselect Elisa was like 5.00 thats pretty high. h

Number7
she was so mean./i dont like my doc shes insurance hungry if that makes sense. i think the number was herpeselect Elisa was like 5.00 thats pretty high. h

Know what you mean by "insurance hungry" -- Do you know what your number was for hav1.

5.00 is pretty high for hsv2.

You'll be ok -- you just have to believe it in order to be able to move on and make it happen.

question24

hsv1 0.32. All I ever get is a sore throat or stuffy nose could that be symptoms. Its hard to tell be cause Im pregnant and vomit a lot sometimes. also I had bv before i got tested could that alter my results.

Number7
hsv1 0.32. All I ever get is a sore throat or stuffy nose could that be symptoms. Its hard to tell be cause Im pregnant and vomit a lot sometimes. also I had bv before i got tested could that alter my results.

Did you get diagnosed with BV? A lot of times women think they have yeast infections or BV when they are really having recurrent herpes outbreaks.

If your doctor is correct and your number is truly in the 5.00 range for hsv2, then as far as everything I've read, there is not any reason to doubt you have hsv2. I have read, however, that the Elisa test is not as accurate for hsv1 and the Immunoblot is not as accurate for hsv2 - especially when the person has existing hsv1.

You may never know where you got it from; however, if you should happen to have what looks like an outbreak, try to get to the doctor within 24 hrs of noticing it to get it cultured and typed.

question24

yea I was diagnosed with bv before my test results came in. I dont know if that was a possible outbreak. Is it possible to have outbreaks and only get yeast infections? It burns a little when I urine idk if that means a outbreak is coming.Also im pregnant so its hard to distinguish why my body feels certain ways. Sorry for the overload of personal info.

Number7
yea I was diagnosed with bv before my test results came in. I dont know if that was a possible outbreak. Is it possible to have outbreaks and only get yeast infections? It burns a little when I urine idk if that means a outbreak is coming.Also im pregnant so its hard to distinguish why my body feels certain ways. Sorry for the overload of personal info.

I understand how you must feel with all the "newness" surrounding you. I truly hope you have support from someone you are close to.

It is hard to know just what pregnancy can cause but I do not think or remember it causing burning. It's possible you are having a recurrent outbreak. Your hormones are all over the place right now so I'm sure that's not helping.

question24

yea its hard but I truly thank you for your support. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions. I would feel so lost without this site. God bless you and your family.

Number7
yea its hard but I truly thank you for your support. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions. I would feel so lost without this site. God bless you and your family.

I will be thinking of you. I have a daughter that will be 23 this month. It's not easy for you --- I'm sure.

You take care of yourself and your baby---you will see---everything will work out fine. Don't let anyone make you feel like you are "not enough". Believing in yourself will determine how life treats you as you live it---please just remember that.

tc2005

Sigh I understand you completely. I am Pregnant with herpes. Its so hard. I literally thought of aborting my baby. But I can't its something that will never go away. i dont have the outbreak as often. I dont know your religion. But God had become my bestfriend. Its hard when you cant share what you going through without people judging you. But just know you have to be strong for your baby. But don't let this destroy your life. Some people make it bigger than what it is. Just keep protecting you and your baby the best you can!!

Acesheart
Sigh I understand you completely. I am Pregnant with herpes. Its so hard. I literally thought of aborting my baby. But I can't its something that will never go away. i dont have the outbreak as often. I dont know your religion. But God had become my bestfriend. Its hard when you cant share what you going through without people judging you. But just know you have to be strong for your baby. But don't let this destroy your life. Some people make it bigger than what it is. Just keep protecting you and your baby the best you can!!

Hey tc, I had herps years before I had my daughter. She came premature, but I worked strenuous hours and stayed on my feet, lifted heavy things and she came several weeks early by csection. She is in college and h free. She is also an honors student and my best friend too. I lost a child 8yrs ago, this ended my baby making days. God only gives us the hard times, so we can appreciate the soft ones. Don't stress or worry, you will be fine. Take care hugs. Truly Ace :hithere: