World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PAsinglemom

still angry, hurt, scared...when does it get easier?

PAsinglemom

I was diagnosed with hsv2 about a year and a half ago. I was with my bf for almost 3 years and during this time I was faithful to him. We both had multiple partners in the past but I was tested every year. Around the time we broke up I started having outbreaks. Terrified and clueless, I went to my doctor and I tested positive for hsv2. I asked if it was possible I had it for a while and she assured me it was recent, within the past month. I told my ex and he refused to go to the doctor and figured yea he prob had it for awhile and didn't know but I took that risk in being with him. I later found out he cheated on me the whole time we dated. Im still so angry at him for this and that he doesn't care at all, just brushes it off. I feel so hurt and worthless, even after a year. I just started a new relationship and havnt told the new guy yet. Does it ever get easier to deal with? I've only had to tell one partner and it was terrifying. I hate that im generally single and have to tell every potential bf for the rest of my life!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      I think you're right about 'having a good flow', i.e. splitting the dosage throughout the day to make most use of it. You're also right about potential strain on your body for overdoses, however there is conflicting information about this based on studies I've read. There are several of studies indicating benefits of high doses of vitamin C for fighting viral diseases. I've done quite a bit of research on this as in the past I used to suffer from common colds, often over one week in duration and up to 6 times a year. With Zinc and Vitamin C I've managed to reduce these to once a year, and their duration to under 6 days. Some of the studies used IV administration of Vitamin C, which is of course different to taking it orally, but some of them had success with high oral doses as well:  Dr. Harri Hemilä from the University of Helsinki, Finland, analyzed the findings of two randomized trials each of which investigated the effects of two vitamin C doses on the duration of the common cold. The first trial administered 3 g/day vitamin C to two study groups, 6 g/day to a third group, and the fourth group was administered a placebo. Compared with the placebo group the 6 g/day dose shortened colds by 17%, twice as much as the 3 g/day doses did. The second trial administered 4 g/day and 8 g/day vitamin C, and placebo to different groups, but only on the first day of the cold. Compared with the placebo group, the 8 g/day dose shortened colds by 19%, twice as much as the 4 g/day dose did. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/4/339/htm High dose IV Vitamin C has been shown to be effective against viral infections such as the common cold rhinovirus (Hemila and Herman,1995); avian virus H1N1 (Ely,2007;) Chikungunya (Gonzalez et al. 2014; Marcial-Vega et al,2015); Zika (Gonzalez et al 2016) and influenza (Zarubaeva et al.2017). Also oral supplementation with vitamin C (doses over 3g) appears to be able to both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections (Carr and Maggini, 2017). https://isom.ca/article/high-dose-vitamin-c-influenza-case-report/ We had a case in which a patient with herpes zoster did not respond to conventional therapy so we attempted to administer intravenous infusion of vitamin C which resulted in an immediate reduction in the pain. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3111558/
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Antoinette63 you do absolutely nothing. If infected with HSV-2, then the initial outbreak would have occurred within days of the infections. Symptoms after 4 months are not really likely to have been from that episode.  If she does have a recent infection of herpes, then it will be from her new boyfriend!
    • WilsoInAus
      Hang on @viralfrog let’s be rational here. The male body can only usefully metabolise 100mg of vitamin C a day. Any excess does not have any known impact on the body as it doesn’t actually get to where you might be thinking it goes. It goes out via your kidneys, potentially causing toxic effects. The real trick with vitamin C is making sure there is a good flow moving through your intestines such that your body can metabolise the full 100mg easily. To achieve this, you are much better off taking a tablet of about 250mg with each meal. Anything more than 2g a day of vitamin C is not only useless but commences a strain process on your body that may include outcomes including kidney stones. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hang on, no one is talking about testing again for herpes. We are suggesting an analysis of the serum in the blisters that will give clues as to the cause.
    • viralfrog
      Currently I'm taking my Ascorbic acid at two doses throughout the day, 6g at lunch and 6g at dinner. It's already a hassle as I have to dilute it in water, rinse my mouth with coconut oil and then I take a shot of it from a shot glass and rinse my mouth quickly with water after. Even with the coconut oil, I'm worried for my teeth.  I was going to order a capsule filler machine and some gelatin capsules, but realised it will cost me almost the same than just ordering 1g vitamin tablets from iHerb. Also, this means I still have to be eating 12 capsules per day which is not ideal. I wonder if I could figure out some DIY method to be able to squeeze 3-5g of the Ascorbic acid into some coating to be able to swallow it without risking my teeth.  I had a look at liposomal C too, but what put me off was the quick expiration date if making it yourself. Unless I'm wrong, you have to do a new batch like twice a week. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.