World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
fretting79

Numb and depressed

fretting79

Yesterday I got my tests results that I have HSV-2. I have been seeing this guy who I pretty much love since April and know that he was monogamous with me. Before I met him I was with one man and had unprotected sex once and he must have gave me this nasty disease. I told my bf last night and he broke up with me and cancelled the trip across the state for his annual Christmas black tie event. I had no idea I had this virus, never have had any outbreaks or anything. This guy I am seeing doesn't want me anymore, told me to leave him alone, and I am so afraid that I will never find anyone to love me again. I am so hurt and devastated that my bf cancelled my trip and is now going alone to Pittsburg for his party without me. This trip was a big deal for both of us, we were finally announcing that we were together. I feel dirty and disgusting. The thing is if I would have never gotten my blood drawn I would have never known I have this. I don't know how to take this info and I can't seem to stop crying about him and it.

fretting79

I had the HSV Gg 1 and 2. Scored positive on 2. Not sure what the number is, they never told me. I haven't even heard from the dr yet. The nurse is the one who called to tell me. I asked her if I tested positive for the antibodies does this mean I am positive for herpes and she said yes and I should tell my partner. So I did and he freaked out cancelled my plane ticket and said he wanted to be left alone and not date me anymore. Did I jump the gun in telling him? I was just trying to be honest. I hate my life now.

non stop guy

First of all that guys a prick for bailing on u like that.I know your sad now.but now ya know what type of chap he was.they say that any score under 3.0 should be re-tested.good luck

non stop guy

I do want to add there's people with low scores that are positive.there score just happens to be low..I don't want to build your hopes up.the testing for this crap kinda f-up

ecoleman

I can understand his shock, but he should have been more supportive. He could have had it before you, and never knew. Many people have it without knowing it. You don't need to surround yourself with someone so judgemental. You are not dirty. It is a skin condition. You will find a supportive, loving partner who loves you for you. I found out 2 months ago randomly. I had no symptoms, but just thought I would get checked anyway. It came back positive, and I freaked. I told my mom and dad, and they were super supportive. It's gonna be alright!

fretting79

Thank you for responding to my post. I agree, he didn't react well and is a jerk! At least I know now and didn't waste anymore time with him. I have had a few days to process this and am feeling better. My dr said I can't really be diagnosed with herpes yet, just have the antibodies. I have never had symptoms and may never have any she says. It makes me feel a little better knowing that.

ecoleman

Yeah, I have heard these tests are a little vague sometimes, and not always accurate!

Sunnynights

I think everyone can agree that he is a jerk! this is a time when youre most vulnerable and you need someone and he left you all alone having to deal with this. I just found out less than a week ago that i have it. I dumped my asshole boyfriend for a nice guy, my sister set me up with, with a good job, and he unknowingly gave it to me. I dont know how to comprehend all of this and it sucks. I look in the mirror and I dont see me, or who i used to be. I tell myself things will get better and it will. you can always talk to me since im new to this! its always good to have a random person to talk to you who wont judge you! :)

non stop guy

Fretting79 did u get the number value from your test.and what type?

fretting79

Thank you so much! I totally understand what you mean about looking at yourself differently now cause I do too. But like you said, things will get better and someone will love and accept us despite this. It does suck I was depressed for 3 days straight, losing my bf, finding out I was exposed to herpes, and also found out I have another health problem. But I know I am strong and so are you! I def won't judge you, I never do. I don't believe in judging others, you don't know where they have been. Have a good night!