World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Mlb2012

Just Found out yesterday I have HSV-2 need help and answers..

Mlb2012

Hi, I am a 27 year old female with 3 beautiful boys. Yesterday i found out I have Genital herpes, I am very stressed and feel like my life is ruined. I have been married for over a year now. I have always been faithful in my relationships so Im at a loss of how this could of happened. Is my husband being unfaithful? he has no signs and symptoms at all. I had no symptoms at all just woke up one morning with sores, the only symptoms i have had and still do is severe lower back and leg pain for over 3 weeks. My obgyn said that is not a symptom, also woke up this morning with a fever, but my question is could i have had this for a very long time and just never knew? I fear my husband thinks Im unfaithful and I NEVER have cheated on anyone! I need advice please on trying to understand this, my dr. seemed to not want to take the time to even listen to my questions...any advice would help,

thanks so much!

non stop guy

Were your sores swabbed and came back hsv2 or did your dr just look and say hsv2 Because it was below the waist?

Mlb2012

I was swabbed and 4 days later I got the call saying it came back positive.

non stop guy

And she for sure "typed it"

non stop guy

Just want to make sure u didn't get type 1 from your husband if he gets cold sores

Mlb2012

said it was gential herpes. when i looked online it showed that was the name? idk im sorry very overwhelmed. really want some answers to my questions cause to be honest Im freaking out. :(

non stop guy

I understand this stuffs a bitch.you need to take a breath.then call your dr and make sure it was typed.IT IS VERY IMPORTANT

Mlb2012

Right after u asked that i got on phone and asked the nurse and it is the hsv-2

non stop guy

Ok at least you know what your dealing with.hsv can lay dorment for a lifetime.maybe you've had a pimple on your butt,thigh that u though was just a pimple.same goes for your husband.he could have just passed it to you after yrs of having it.he should get an igg bloodtest to see his status.there's a gal" realistic girl" on here that really knows the hsv testing stuff.hopefully she pipes in.I'm very sorry.your in a tough spot.but you know your a good woman/wife.hang in there

Mlb2012

Thank you..so you are saying that it could have layed doormat on me or my husband for years and Im just now having a outbreak?

non stop guy

Yes.I see people on here all the time in you and your husbands shoes.keep asking questions on here.there's people that know a lot more than me.you could also call the westover hieghts clinic.there's a gal named terri warren who is an hsv expert.you can get answers from her.she charges 5$ a minute.very nice gal.I feel for ya its a tough time.but you'll be ok

RealisticGal

Hi Mlb2012 ---

As mentioned previously, the appearance of HSV in a relationship is not a reason to suspect infidelity. Unless you have other reasons to think your husband has been unfaithful, please do not jump to conclusions.

Also, your doc is wrong about the back and leg pain. It is definitely a symptom that has been associated with HSV.

I'll get back with more info and explanations later. Must leave now to take my father to the doctor.

:wavey:

RealisticGal

Okay, I have just a few minutes to throw out a few tidbits...

First point I will make is, this site has a lot of good info in the Herpes Information Library. You can find it in the links on the right side of this page.

You should feel a bit better once you educate yourself more about Herpes. Most folks (myself included) do not know much about it, other than the stupid stigma, until it touches their lives. Knowledge is power.

Second thing I'll say is, yes, your hubby should get tested. He needs to get a TYPE SPECIFIC IgG-BASED HERPES SIMPLEX ANTIBODY (blood) test that checks for BOTH HSV-I and HSV-II. Knowing his status will help the two of you make decisions about what precautions to take (if any).

Be sure he understands that HSV is a sneaky little bastard of a virus. Here are a few points.

• About 70% of those who have HSV are not aware of it, due to lack of obvious symptoms and lack of routine testing for the virus.

• Most people do not realize that it is usually necessary to specifically request testing for HSV. They just assume it is part of so-called "full STI test panels." Often, that is not the case.

• Roughly 80% of North American adults have the HSV-I virus, usually as oral herpes (cold sores/fever blisters).

• About 20% or so have HSV-II, usually as genital herpes.

• Both HSV-I and HSV-II can affect any of the places one can get herpes (face/mouth, genitals, torso, eyes, hands, etc.)

• It is possible to spread the virus to others, even without any noticeable symptoms.

• Herpes simplex goes into a dormant state between outbreaks, and can remain that way for long periods of time.

• Some folks never have any symptoms at all.

• Some have very mild symptoms which can be confused with ingrown hairs, jock itch, yeast infection, urinary tract infection, or many other conditions.

Please ask any questions you may have. :wavey:

Mlb2012

Thank you for the info.itsvery mch appreciated. I'm glad I found this website. Yesterday I was in a state of shock. Now I really need to get educated. I am switching Dr. Due to the fact of carelessness. They are running tests and mri stating that he has never heard in his 25 years of it causing back and leg pain. Where there is other sites that say it does also. I feel like he is not worried about explaining the virus just wants to figure out my leg problems. But when I have been dropped with this kind of news I should get the right care about it instead of just focus on my leg pain. Thank u so much

RealisticGal
Thank you for the info.itsvery mch appreciated. I'm glad I found this website. Yesterday I was in a state of shock. Now I really need to get educated. I am switching Dr. Due to the fact of carelessness. They are running tests and mri stating that he has never heard in his 25 years of it causing back and leg pain. Where there is other sites that say it does also. I feel like he is not worried about explaining the virus just wants to figure out my leg problems. But when I have been dropped with this kind of news I should get the right care about it instead of just focus on my leg pain. Thank u so much

I would suggest your doctor look into post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN). Many doctors are still under the impression that it is only associated with the Varicella Zoster Virus, which causes chicken pox and shingles. That is not the case.

Also suggest the doctor learn about Herpes simplex prodrome.

Considering the fact that genital herpes goes into latency in the sacral nerve ganglion, and reactivates by traveling along those nerve pathways, it is not difficult to understand how it would cause symptoms in the back, legs and buttocks. Ask your doctor to think about the sacral dermatome.

http://www.herpesite.org/post-herpetic-neuralgia-from-genital-herpes/