World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Itsmeeeee

I can't live like this....

Itsmeeeee

I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried so hard to be brave, to deal with the pain, how dirty I feel. Its been about 5-6 weeks now with no let up. I want my life back but I don't see that happening. Who's going to want me now. Its all very pointless.

FML123

Tons of people will want you. I was diagnosed Friday and 2 guys want me...they know! Trust me...the more education a person has on the topic, the better it will be. So moral of the story: dont date dumb people! lol Im kidding...was hoping to make you giggle a bit. Do not feel dirty....cavemen lived in the dirt. Were okay...just gotta take extra care of some body parts. Is this your first ob? Are you on meds? Do you have somebody to talk to?

Itsmeeeee

I guess this is my first time, I've always had outbreaks of thrush but that can be like H can't it? No, no meds, they just sent me off with some gel, it doesn't help, I'm going to an appointment on friday and I guess I'm just scared there's no hope...You must know some cool guys, I'm kinda in love with someone, haven't let him near me in weeks, not that I can bear to be touched anyway. I have my mum but she's not very well and its just the two of us. Thanks for trying to make me laugh, it did x

MissHope

Yeah, what FLM said (it was great advice!).

Seriously, are you receiving any medical treatment for the pain? I know for me, as soon as I feel an OB coming on I take both soluble zinc and vitamin a which when I use it with Valtrex, clears my outbreak up in under 3 days. Perhaps you can get some vitamins and maybe some Lysine to help?

There are also some great fact sheets here on home remedies that other members have found to be useful. You don't need to live with physical pain - that side is easy to fix. Not so easy is the mental pain....

I can promise you though, that there are people out there that will want you - I am living proof! After having to tell the tale a few times (some with success, some without) I finally found the one. He didn't care less that I had herpes, and now 2.5 years on - he's not only herpes free but we are expecting our first child together.

Trust me - I felt like you feel now, that I was going to end up a lonely old maid with no one - but the only person that will make that bad dream come true, is you.

You need to change your mindset and remember that you are still the exact same person - the funny person, the smart person, the interesting person, the sporty person, the generous person or whatever person you are, except now you just have a little extra baggage. And everyone has baggage, believe me - some have debt, some have addiction, some have criminal convictions, some have other health issues, some have intimacy issues, some have horrid families etc etc. You just had a virus, that can be easily managed, that will get better in time and will not kill you! You are in fact, far luckier than many folks out there that unfortunately do have illnesses that will shorten their lives or that take away their right to have children.

So, remember - things could be worse.

Try and get some medical assistance to clear up the pain and stick around here where you will read some great success stories, have any questions answered and may find a few new friends.

Itsmeeeee

Hi, erm, I'm not really sure what pain medication I can take? No one said, they just gave me the numbing gel and sent me off. A nice lady on here sujested I get some vitamins which I have and I take them every morning, an immune booster oil thingy, l lysine and vitamin c. I think I've scared myself let loose on google, I've confused myself. Thing is, I just got to a point in my life where I liked myself then this happened. I know what your saying is right, its just getting my head and heart to take it in. Your all really brave on here, strong, I've never really been either of those things. I'm in England so I don't really know what the treatment would be if they offered me any? My doctor assumed I was mental or hormonal so dismissed me as hysterical. I went to a GUM clinic in tears and the nice nurse believed me. I'm happy that you've found the one, maybe one day someone might feel that way for me. Thank you for being so nice and understanding X

FML123

OMG GO TO THE DOC AND GET THE MEDS! I only took mine for 3 days...2 times a day. I wanted more but I think I am healing. start taking lysine and vit b12 daily also! You need a healthy immune system!

Itsmeeeee

They won't give me anything till the 'Doctor' confirms it on Friday. I've started on the L Lysine and what looks like a small army of other vitamins, I'll go to the chemist and get some v12 now, their used to me lurking round in there now. Someone said primrose oil helps? I've kinda got what appears to be third degree burns down there, Doctors been giving me canteston cream and pessarys for 6 weeks. England moves a lot slower in comparison to America in terms of, well, pretty much everything! X

FML123

valacyclovir! thats what i took.

oh it breaks my heart knowing you dont have the meds! i think my first ob is ending...now i itch!!!! ugh! got cream for that too though

Itsmeeeee

Is that what happens at the end? I'm not really sure how it starts. With me it felt as if some one was kicking me indside and just this burning swelling that won't shove off. You guys have cream too?? I wish I was American. Hopefully on friday I might get meds? X

FML123

i think this is what happens at the end. I sure hope so! I felt the exact same way! I wanted to die....die I tell you! and people would tell me it gets better. I was like when?!!!!!!!! it does...I just wish we could go to sleep til its over you know! lol yes cream and meds....come to American now!!!!

Itsmeeeee

I said that earlier on to my mum, if I could take a tablet and snooze it out I would! In a way I'm kinda relieved you felt the same, it makes me feel unmental, that's not even a real word but you get what I mean. I don't feel alone now, thank you! Seriously, if I could jump on a plane and pledge my little socks off I would! For medication and to stalk Vincent D'Onofrio! Plus, you but guns at a shopping mall. Its truely amazing! X

FML123

I am so glad you dont feel alone! You are not alone!!! We are all in this together! You can always talk to me! my butt itches..this sucks. epsom salt bath time!

Itsmeeeee

Does that stuff help?? I'll buy that too, I just got back from the chemist, got my B12 and zinc! Your bum itches? That's terrible, I haven't got that yet, I'm just walking like I've slept with half the army in half an hour. I don't have the blisters though which I guess is odd? Thank you, I'll stalk you now y'know! X