World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
maddendavid89

Everyone should read this

maddendavid89

Hi everyone, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. Im David and I live in UK and I have suffered from genital herpes for the last 4 years. I got it from an ex although we fought at the time when I got it as she never had the symptoms and she said she was tested for everything before and all so I never had a problem before that and wasn't with anyone for a while previously but hard to figure out where I got it although I believe I got it from oral as I always practised safe sex but we know also that u could have gotten it years back and lay dormant for years but anyways I will never know but u know i was so angry and ashamed for a while that it was hard to accept. myself and my ex stayed together for a while and to be honest we didnt break up coz of it as it got to the stage that it was never an issue but it broke up as wasnt working out anyways. now and then breakouts would occuor only when i was off the antivirals but it was so frustrating but i believe my biggest problem was not accepting it properly. i would be constantly checking for an outbreak, an itch or something down below and i would be checking. im a healthy guy as i work out a lot and play football and eat good foods but luckily for me is that is only a few tiny outbreaks on ball sack and nothing severe like i hear some people here have so i def feel for ye on that. now i was taking l-lysine and vitamins and i went 5 months w/o an outbreak. I currently have one now as i put it down to stress and my constant thinking of it. i am with my new gf 2 years now and im thankful that she knows my condition and she accepts it. people please disclose it to your new partner as unfair of them not to know what you have as what i learned is if they love u or like u or whichever they will accept it and its a world off ur shoulder as if u have an outbreak u can relax and tell ur partner u have to refrain from sex until it clears up. we even had sex numerous times w/o a condom and never a problem. everyone is different. everyone's bodies reacts differently. of course this outbreak had weighed me down but i cant keep feeling sorry for myself. i have read numerous articles on herpes and googled so much. ive tried everything almost. i was taking so many pills to keep my body strong but doesnt seem to be enough and u know what im come to accept that no matter what we do, u will get it again because im beginning to think that mind is the biggest healer of them all im afraid. if u read some of the other people's posts on them being ob free u look at what they are saying. it could be im taking this or using this and that and its a miracle that it has cleared up, im beginning to think that its because of their new found confidence in that product or topical lotion that they believe works for them and therefore their mind is acting as a biggest healer for them and not the product itself. of course it helps to take or use something but i spoke with my gf today and said i needed to see someone who will give me some great immune boosting products and she said i was being fucking ridiculous as i take nearly 15 pills a day and why would i want more? she was like u feel its working? are u addicited? i said i wanted to eliminate the ob's for least a while u know like long ob's in between and she said i have trush which i got off her recently and damn it was itchy and she said i cnat do anything about it as she have it for life and likewise she said u have a skin disease that u cant do much about other to accept it and deal with it when it happens. so people i am on a week's course of antivirals as my immune is good with or w/o pills so it tends to clear pretty fast. i honestly dont believe too many people saying it heals after 3 days and i mean like GONE where u can jump back into sex. i think a good 7-10 days is more like it to be sure but everyone knows what is clear and not. i used tea tree (good but first time ever i got a few more a day later but could put this down to using dyamiclear first so could have been too much), i find bee propolis on it is good or manuka honey (first aid type manuka) as keeps it fresh and clean. all my years dealing with this is that i find use tea tree or dynamiclear first and then use someting like honey to soothe it. too many different things can cause a reaction and take antivirals for a week and u should be ok. i hear apple cider is good to put on topically but havent used this before but will try next time. remember herpes need to heal first and putting more on and worrying and stressing is gonna make it worse. believe me accepting it and dont rush the healing u will be in more control. anyways i know its not easy to deal with but having a loving and understanding partner helps but i know everyone has it differently but u have to keep remembering that its not your fault u have it, but do learn to accept it and in doing so u will control it a lot more and react in a ahhh kind of way when u do get a ob. also to the guys into weight training i was taking a lot of sports nutrition products like l-gluatime, bcca's creatine, whey etc so im now just using whey and creatine post workout. im not a big believer in following a rich lysine diet and eliminating the foods causing breakout but i def will stay clear of nuts and peanut butter even though i love peanut butter but everything else in moderation. i have to live too. thanks for reading this people. good luck to ye all.

Acesheart

Hey maddendavid89, welcome. :) .. Yes l loved your post, I agree the mindset has much to do with accepting this virus and outbreaks. I know from experience, when I don't think of h I'm better. When I'm stressed, like now, I get more prodrome symptoms. We are expecting a death, and it gets hard not to stress for the ones you love, my husband 22 years now :) .. But all need to read this positive story. It is good to see you loving and living. Life is definitely what you make it. I've choosen a very good life, therefore I live it. I've had ghsv2 for 24 years now, soon to be 25 ;) .. Take care , keep up the positive thoughts, many need to hear storys like yours. Hugs, Ace :wavey:

bob12

There is a lot of great information in there, but it was super hard to read as one paragraph and even one sentence in a lot of cases.

AngelLune

Hi im AngelLune,

I love the natural diet for staying safe away from ob that you talk about because it seems more natural. Honestly i would love to hear how to the diet effects you. Did you also know that stress is a major cause in ob? Stress on your body can cause ob!

So message me if you need someone to talk to or just have a thinking session of what the best way to relieve stress! Also ask me anything, ill answer. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and got an ob just 2 days ago so i know the ropes of this.

maddendavid89

@ ace heart, thanks for welcoming me. have u being on antivirals non stop for 24 years did you say? if so do u have any side effects? is it possible that someone like me who has herpes cant pass it on to someone else who doesnt have it? like my gf and i with each other 2 years now and we have had sex many many times w/o rubber and she never had anything and even given me oral w/o anything. maybe i would be one of these people that doesnt shed even after i heal?? have u got any tips to help repair skin after an ob as mine is cracked, dry and red as i made have overdone it re dynamiclear, then tea tree and then propolis etc

@angelune, hi angel. yes i believe stress to be a major factor and i should i know. what do u do to relieve stress and likewise how many ob's u normally get in between ob's and any tips on diet?

AngelLune

Ok well i have told some people this but how I relieve stress could be totally different o what could relieve your stress. BUT! How I deal with stress is run a hot bath,then my shower head is quit niffty, it can change to a mist. So i make the mist cold so i have this hot and cold mix. And i close my eyes with trance music playing or ambient (ambient is only for really stressful days) and relax and close my eyes and let the mist feel like rain, and go totally into a mental vacation. Ok and dietary tips that i know ONLY is vitamin c, vitamin c, vitamin c. Our immune system is being attacked all day everyday by H, when will always need a immunity boost. Vitamin C heps with our immune system and should taken in daily dosages but a little higher then normal.

Acesheart
@ ace heart, thanks for welcoming me. have u being on antivirals non stop for 24 years did you say? if so do u have any side effects? is it possible that someone like me who has herpes cant pass it on to someone else who doesnt have it? like my gf and i with each other 2 years now and we have had sex many many times w/o rubber and she never had anything and even given me oral w/o anything. maybe i would be one of these people that doesnt shed even after i heal?? have u got any tips to help repair skin after an ob as mine is cracked, dry and red as i made have overdone it re dynamiclear, then tea tree and then propolis etc

@angelune, hi angel. yes i believe stress to be a major factor and i should i know. what do u do to relieve stress and likewise how many ob's u normally get in between ob's and any tips on diet?

Hey maddendavid, your welcome honey. :) Yes it is very possible when you take antivirals, like me , you can reduce your shedding even further than what we already shed. I have never had side effects, not that I'm aware of, and I started 16 years with Acyclovir, then 8 years now on Valtrex, now generic (Valacyclovir).. Excuse my wording I'm on phone, LOL.. Try to use something like aloe. This will prevent the dry and itchy skin. You could use some tucks wipes for hemmoriods, they numb and soothe. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, we are experiencing a death in the family. I try to get on here when its possible. Very hard times like now , make me appreciate the fact that its only herps, not cancer.I have never passed my h, my hubby tested about two months ago, still non h.You can have whatever kind of life you chose, I choose one of love and family. Take care and I hope this helps. Truly, Ace :wavey:

hatsu

I like everything you said, madden. I do believe it's a mental situation than a physical one. I've noticed the less I stress out about things, the less ob I seem to have. I still continue my bad eating habits, and it doesn't seem to be affecting me at all. but I still take my vits now and then.