World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
thomboy

Russians discover possible cure for herpes?

thomboy

airyfairy

great find . Can one of our clever scientist members please comment on this .

davidis

100% success rate of 30 patients over 1.5-3 years of observation? I'd like to see more sources on this - sounds interesting.

Sweet7

This is quite interesting. Thanks for posting. I think I'm going to have to try and find out more information on this.

Gothic Beauty

Alfafetaproteína = Alpha-Fetal Protein which is the most abundant plasma protein found in the human fetus. Good place to look for a cure considering that babies have been known to be born without any HIV, herpes, hep. C & what not.

donniebrasco

Yes, they are calling it Profetal. Wow, sounds like "profit all". Washes the virus out of cells and into the bloodstream where antivirals can eradicate them. This sounds promising! They say they are building 6 plants to produce it. Please be true.

thomboy

did some more research looking for the product name "profetal", but the most updated news are March this year, I discovered that it actually exists. was being touted as a cure for hepatitis "c".

* but research showed that it can be a multifunctional product.

* bases mentioned, are also true. they are investing heavily in the production of this product.

* there are differences of news on the release date, some say it would be released later this year, while others report that they still lack the fourth phase of clinical testing. which will be tested in two groups.

also there have been a basis for the price of this drug, which is around $ 1200.00.

hope there's a fellow Russian in this community that can get latest information about this product.

http://manager.gazetarussa.com.br/articles/2012/03/07/cientistas_russos_testam_nova_droga_contra_cancer_e_hepatite_14285.html

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/10/27/59453446.html

Dummy
oh I pray this will be a reality in our lifetime.

Im curious to know how they tested to see if the virus was removed.

lookinforrelief

LS | TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION

Urals scientists invent Hepatitis C cure

Urals scientists have presented an invented medicine capable of driving the hepatitis C virus, as well as herpesviral infections out of a human body, news agency RIA Novosti reports.

The medicine was developed by a team of scientists, headed by Sergey

6 Mar '12

Rodionov, the head of department of pharmacology of the Urals State Medical Academy. The name of the drug is Alfafetaprotein; its trademark name is Profetal. The vaccine has been tested on 30 patients. The scientists plan to test it again on another group of people in order to confirm first results.

“Hepatitis C is a serious disease, which can hardly be cured. Of course, it is every scientist’s dream to find a way to treat the disease,” said Aleksander Petrov, a member of the board of the Urals Pharmaceuticals Cluster.

Mr. Petrov explained that the drug would be issued in the form of vaccine capable of driving the hepatitis C virus and herpesviral infections from a human body. The first patients that tried it were fully cured.

“The patients who underwent treatment no longer show the virus, meaning that the virus totally disappears in the body. We have been watching these patients for 1.5-3 years. If virus cannot be detected within 1.5-2 years, we consider the case as clinical recovery. We do have such cases. This is an extremely good result,” professor Rodionov said.

The treatment course, costing about $8,500, reportedly consists of one month of daily injections.

Total project cost is $33m. Under the project, by September 2011 the scientists will have six fully equipped labs and a production facility in the city of Novouralsk, Sverdlovsk region, and production will start. To date, the drug has been registered and approved.

how do we get a hold of this vaccine???? It cost $8k for one month of vaccines......I don't care, as long as it gets rid of this monster!!!!

newmember111

I hope paulaner can come into this thread and help out with decyphering this. Or other Russian members...

FML123

i wish i could have been a test subject. im ready to book a flight to Russia.

davidis

I don't understand... it's 100% effective? This is a real news source? They're actually producing a successfully tested cure for herpes?

This is kind of one of those moments where I need a skeptic scientist to tell me this is just silly - otherwise this is phenomenal news for those that can afford the treatment.

I've been trying to find out what I can about Profetal but can we get more information about this from anyone?

lovelyoptimistic
I don't understand... it's 100% effective? This is a real news source? They're actually producing a successfully tested cure for herpes?

This is kind of one of those moments where I need a skeptic scientist to tell me this is just silly - otherwise this is phenomenal news for those that can afford the treatment.

I've been trying to find out what I can about Profetal but can we get more information about this from anyone?

I'm agree. I hope it's true! Another issue I see is that it has only been tested in 30 people. That is not sufficient data for any medical study. Someone mentioned that they are in phase III...how do we know this. I'm going to have to research this too. It all seems too good to be true. BUT i hope it has some validity. I mean they have monitered these people for 3 years and have not been able to detect the viruses AT ALL! That is huge!

lovelyoptimistic

I found this article. It says the drug is in the production phase, and has already undergone preclinical and clinical test. Doesn't metion any specifics about an hsv cure. Maybe the phase IV trial someone mention is to test it against hsv

.http://www.marchmontnews.com/Technology-Innovation/Urals/17958-Skolkovo-finance-production-new-medicines-Medsintez.html

lookinforrelief

Let's try to research info and post if we think it would help anyone. I'll sell my house if I have to to get the vaccine. I hope and pray it's legit.

thomboy
I hope paulaner can come into this thread and help out with decyphering this. Or other Russian members...

I asked for the Paulaner if he has any information about it in post "herpevac vita", but he has not responded.

If any other member of this community is near the locations described in the matter, seek some information.

any detail that is revealed is of great importance to us.

* I would also ask for the some friends rushed over to "not put their homes for sale," for now it is only speculative news, where we do not know what is true and what is not certain yet.

* in any case as the matter said, the project was done to cure hepatitis, however studies indicate that it can be applied in several autoimmune diseases, including herpes.

* Hugs to all, and keep your eyes on the horizon, because a new day is about to be born.

lookinforrelief

Thanks thomboy. I won't sale my house....not yet. I'm keeping my eyes open. I hope and pray its in our near future. I just want a cure so bad so I can be a normal human being that doesn't look like a bomb blew up on my face all the time......praying for something for all of us!

lovelyoptimistic

I found a thread on medhelp about profetal, and someone on the forum actually has a friend that lives in Russia. Here is the link: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/The-Russians-are-coming--well-I-hope-they-are-/show/1622304

Below is his friend's response:

The following is from a Russian friends response .. after I read his response ... I goggled the russian name for Profetal Профеталь and translated a few links related to hcv ... snake oil .... imo

He said:

"Drugs are not regulated in Russia at all. Profetal is being sold there for a number of years as a panacea for almost everything. There is no information about Profetal (Профеталь in Russian) from any trusted sources whatsoever.

All signs of a scam are present, don't waste your energy on it."

Don't know how true it is...but thought I'd share.

Also, I found the site for the Medsintez plant that is supposed to be producing it.Here is its description in its catalog...no mentions of what the drug should be used for. http://www.catalog.md/drugs/profetal.html

balkans

i think russian medical industry is very powerfull,they got really great brains,and i saw something that they not push antibiotics for bacterial deaseas,they push natural herbal therapies,and bacteriophages.

so they put people in universe,for that u need some advance technology.

why not a cure for herpes.

we must wait and see is this a scam or real cure.:rock:

missionpossible

Unfortunately, I think this did turn out to be a scam. The so-called scientists who were over the study jumped ship when it was found out that they were illegally using the drug to experiment on patients in the hospital, and then they have no proof through clinical trials that Profetal worked. I am so upset by this, as I was hoping this was real.