World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
WIGIRL10

Just found out

WIGIRL10

So I just found out yesterday that I have HSV2, I was very devistated because I have been dating the same guy for the past 8 months. He does live in a different state and just recently came home. I don't want to assume that he cheated on me and got this from someone else and passed it on to me, but it is deffinitley crossing my mind. I am in my last couple weeks of schooling so I have been super stressed out and then finding this news out just put even more on me. I don't know how to approach my bf about this because I dont want him to think I am putting this all on him, but I don't know where else to turn. I have been in so much pain the last couple of days and nothing i do helps it, plus i had to pay $65 for valtrex which is rediculous! I just want this all to go away and wish it was all a dream! Help!

question24

hey sry to hear that. I think you need to talk to your bf so he could get tested. The funny thing about hsv2 is that you can have it for a long time and never no. I say this in just learning that I have it and never had symptoms. I know its gonna be hard to tell him. Hopefully your relationship is strong enough and you get passed it. I wish you the best.

WIGIRL10

Thank you! I have never had any symptoms at all before, so I am thinking it is from him. Thank you so much for your support it really means alot! I hope we can make it throught this!

socksandshoes

Try not to make assumptions. Your boyfriend should be tested though. The man who gave me herpes honestly didn't know he had it. He had symptoms but they were so minor, he ignored them. He only found out they were herpes symptoms when i got sick (really sick). He'd had it for at least 2 years (possibly longer).

It is very stressful and painful. I'm sorry you are going through this. It's horrible (and expensive) but there are many of us who have been through the same. I found reading buddhist stuff helped...do whatever you can to find perspective.

WIGIRL10

I need as much support as possible, How do i know if he is being truthful that he does no know he has it

question24

well thats the hard part honestly. idk I guess you have to think about the guy your with. Do you think he's the type that would do this knowingly? Another thing you can go off is his reaction. See how he deals with the situation.

WIGIRL10

I started to get sores and had alot of pain so i went into walkin clinic and the dr did test... but before results came back he said he knew it was HSV2

non stop guy

I just want to make sure you had the right testing done.did the dr.swab the sore?

Octobergirl
Try not to make assumptions. Your boyfriend should be tested though. The man who gave me herpes honestly didn't know he had it. He had symptoms but they were so minor, he ignored them. He only found out they were herpes symptoms when i got sick (really sick). He'd had it for at least 2 years (possibly longer).

I just went through the exact same thing. Identical. His symptoms were so minor he didn't think a thing of it until I had my first OB. We are getting married so I guess it isn't the end of the world for me, but there are days when it feels like it.

WIGIRL10

No it definitley is not the end of the world, but it just sucks and is hard to deal with right now

Octobergirl

I completely agree. A roller coaster ride for sure, but I think the key is to try and not be so hard on yourself and look at this as an opportunity to get healthier and stronger. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Take care of yourself.

WIGIRL10

A very unfun roller coaster ride filled with pain! I agree with your kelly clarkson quote :)