World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
WirelessBrain

Feel so helpless and lost! Really need some help!

WirelessBrain

Hello! I am pretty worried. About 3 months ago i engaged in unprotected receptive anal sex (Very silly I know) and then unprotected oral. I got tested about 4 weeks after for HIV, Chlamydia etc (All the norm STDs) they all came back negative except I had rectal chlamydia (Great), so I was given Doxy for a week and told to come back at the 3 month mark to test again. Had my test a week ago (waiting another week for results) but i'm confident everything will be okay!

However, about 5/6 weeks ago (just after I finished taking doxy) I noticed a little bit of a tingling/burning sensation after urinating and then a little red dot just at the bottom of my penis head, freaked out, went the clinic worried it was herpes. Doctor tested my urine, and looked at the red dot and said it wasn't herpes and my urine was clear and just to drink more fluids etc. Did this...but symptoms still carried on, red dot went quite soon after but the irritation in penis carried on. Went back the clinic a week later and told him again, he stated the irritation could just be from soap or something. Did as he suggested and just used warm water to clean the area. A week after I had the pain again so went to the doctors who didn't check and stated it was unlikely herpes as they are usually noticeable, gave me some anti-biotics stating it could be a UTI. About a day after starting the treatment the pain in penis went away but I began to have an ache in my right testicle that sort of went down my leg. Carried on with antibiotics for the week but testicle pain carried on. Finished antibiotics, testicle pain went and penis pain came back. Now about 2 weeks later I have pain in my testicle again but not much pain in penis head. I have had a few red dots on my penis over the course of this whole 6 week period that clear up within a few days and don't form blisters or ulcers or anything; foreskin was a little more red than normal for a few weeks. I put that down to a possible yeast infection?

Anyway, I went the clinic as stated at the start to get my 3 month test and told the woman who wouldn't test for herpes as there are no sores or anything. I am completely freaking out and feel helpless. No-one seems to be doing anything about it. I've been stuck on Google for the past 6 weeks researching herpes and god knows else what. Does this sound like herpes? From what i've read it is unusual for symptoms such as; back pain, testicle pain, penis pain to last this long if it is herpes.

I just feel so lost and have no idea what to do now. Anyone offer any help? Really worrying now.

Much appreciated.

d00m kitty

OMG how frustrating for you WirelessBrain. Can you go to a different clinic, different doctors? Is there even an STD clinic you could go to? I agree with you, you do need to be tested for herpes. Goodluck.

WirelessBrain

Unfortunately there isn't any other places to visit. I have tried the STD clinic and doctor and both seem clueless.

Still have these symptoms (testicle pain, pain after ejaculation, red foreskin) and it has been nearly a month since i posted this but have a new addition:

Now, I do have hemmeroids (sp?) but today I thought I would have a look at my anus to see if everything looked okay, I noticed that just inside the opening, next to a hemmeroid is a deepish hole (1/2mm maybe), it is hard to see it exactly but it isn't exactly circular but doesn't seem to take on the form of an anal fissure either. Around the ridge of the top of the hole is white jaggedy and looks a little ulcer-like. The hole inside is dark red and I noticed another on the other side of the hemmeroid. Now this may just be that my hemmeroid has gotten a little larger and has caused a crease/fold but I am not too sure. It doesn't hurt/itch or bleed.

Anyone offer any help on this matter? Will be getting the lesions checked out tomorrow but would like some input now if possible.

Acesheart
Unfortunately there isn't any other places to visit. I have tried the STD clinic and doctor and both seem clueless.

Still have these symptoms (testicle pain, pain after ejaculation, red foreskin) and it has been nearly a month since i posted this but have a new addition:

Now, I do have hemmeroids (sp?) but today I thought I would have a look at my anus to see if everything looked okay, I noticed that just inside the opening, next to a hemmeroid is a deepish hole (1/2mm maybe), it is hard to see it exactly but it isn't exactly circular but doesn't seem to take on the form of an anal fissure either. Around the ridge of the top of the hole is white jaggedy and looks a little ulcer-like. The hole inside is dark red and I noticed another on the other side of the hemmeroid. Now this may just be that my hemmeroid has gotten a little larger and has caused a crease/fold but I am not too sure. It doesn't hurt/itch or bleed.

Anyone offer any help on this matter? Will be getting the lesions checked out tomorrow but would like some input now if possible.

Hey WirelessBrain, I cannot say this sounds like herps at all, But I am not a doctor either. I have had anus Herps and hemmoroids too. Both internal and external . I say if these doctors wont test you then find one who will. I have been through numerous doctors, One declared me cured , but I kept at it until I got my needs met. I needed more daily theapy meds and none would fullfill this. Now I have a good doctor one who truly does listen and he has been introduced to this site. Maybe if you can , print some of the informations here out and show him/her your concerns about thinking you may have h. Also there is another site its a book, www.westoverheights.com read all you can and help the doctors to help you figure what is happening to your body. Try not to stress, easier said then done, but this will help you explain your concerns when the time comes. Getting educated about herps takes the fear out. Take care , Ace :)

WirelessBrain

Thank you very much for your reply and help! Much appreciated.

I guess I am just getting a little tired of all this now. I feel as if every day is a constant struggle and worry. I am going to visit my doctor tomorrow and inform him of this and state that I need to be tested (if not for my own sanity). Is it possible for herpes to even last this long? =/ I'm talking like 10 weeks now? =/

Acesheart
Thank you very much for your reply and help! Much appreciated.

I guess I am just getting a little tired of all this now. I feel as if every day is a constant struggle and worry. I am going to visit my doctor tomorrow and inform him of this and state that I need to be tested (if not for my own sanity). Is it possible for herpes to even last this long? =/ I'm talking like 10 weeks now? =/

Hey my first outbreak lasted 4 months but we are talking full of sores and blisters and they all got infected too. I was on antibiotics and antivirals and antidepressants for months. It took a while to heal as I didnt know what I had. I let my sores/blisters go three weeks without seeing a dr. I was married and I dint know that married people got diseases/viruses. I had never even heard of herpes. Naive I know , but I had been newly married. I hope you get some relief and just know we are here for you. You are not alone anymore okay. Just relax and stop Googling, I hate that crap they put on the internets. It scares people to thinking they have something they don't. Herps also has many symptoms that alot of illnesses do. Many things mimic the h. Stay calm read from the library here too. I hope this helps . Truly, Hugs Ace :)