World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
singlemomof1

Rash related to HSV-2??

singlemomof1

I have a small cluster of itchy bumps on my upper butt cheek. Could this be related to my HSV-2? It this was my butt then the star is where the rash is > (* )( ) I've gotten this rash a few times over my adult life, always in the same place and always exactly the same. It's about the size of a half dollar coin, with multiple tiny bumps that itch worse than mosquito bites. The bumps turn into blisters and then burst and scab over. After reading more into HSV it seems like this rash has the characteristics of it but it's in the wrong place. Has anyone else experienced this or is this something unrelated?

Acesheart
I have a small cluster of itchy bumps on my upper butt cheek. Could this be related to my HSV-2? It this was my butt then the star is where the rash is > (* )( ) I've gotten this rash a few times over my adult life, always in the same place and always exactly the same. It's about the size of a half dollar coin, with multiple tiny bumps that itch worse than mosquito bites. The bumps turn into blisters and then burst and scab over. After reading more into HSV it seems like this rash has the characteristics of it but it's in the wrong place. Has anyone else experienced this or is this something unrelated?

hey singlemom, Your H lives in the Spinal Gandlia Nervou Sysytem located at the base of the spine. I still get tingles anda few times I got a rash at the base of my spine , tail bone area. I sleep with a heat pad for mattress, so I guessed its a combination of things as I have never had an outbreak there. The genital H can shed and outbreak anywhere in the boxer shorts area. So this means for most Butt, Legs and Vag area as well. Take care honey. Hugs, Ace :)

singlemomof1

So if this is from my genital H then this kind of concerns me. The first time I got this rash I was in highschool. I was playing in a powder puff football game in the rain and thought it was some kind of rash from wearing damp clothes. I never told anyone about it. It was more frequent when I was younger. This is the first time in a few years that's it's happened. So this would mean I've had H since highschool and didn't know. Do they not regularly test for H when you're pregnant? I have a 3 year old son and there were no complications with my pregnancy or with him. He's perfectly healthy and I don't remember them ever mentioning testing me for STD's when I was prego. I remember one test where I had to swab my private area with a huge q-tip looking thing and put it in a vile. Could that have been it? I'm kind of freaking out a little cause this could mean I've given every sexual partner I've ever had H without knowing it. I only had sex with one guy in highschool and found out after over a year of dating that he was cheating on me. I'm not freaking out exactly but just feel extremely guilty that I didn't get tested the first time I noticed something was wrong instead of denying that I could possibly have H.

joebow

Yes probably. It's looks / sounds like what you describe is HSV, because I have exactly the same issue. My outbreaks where never on my buttocks until recently - which led to my oppressive meds etc.