World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jammin

Just Diagnosed

Jammin

I have been with only one man my whole life. We have been together for 16 years. I just got diagnosed with Herpes from a culture swab test. They did not tell which type. I can not understand why it would just show up now. I have never had sores prior to this one time and my husband has never had any outbreaks either. We have both been totally faithful to each other. He was only with one other person before me in high school. We both also don't get cold sores often. I can not remember the last time I had a cold sore or him for that matter. I am so upset. He is getting a blood test done to check for herpes. I have heard that they are sometimes not very accurate and I am scared to death that it will show up negative. He says if he gets a negative result he will leave me. I have never cheated on him and I am so lost right now and so scared. I just do not know what to do with myself right now. Is it possible to catch herpes from any other way than sexual contact? I am just so scared I caught it in some unconventional way and he will think I cheated on him if he did not have it. This is just such a nightmare for me. I am supposed to call the doctor back and make another appt to see him, probably to do the blood test. I am in such a fog that I just can not think straight right now though.

fishguy

You say you both don't get cold sores often, so you both already have oral herpes(most likely HSV-1) correct? Have you guys engaged in oral sex because he could have transferred his oral herpes down below. It is possible to get HSV-1 in the genital area, you may want to get it check to see what type you have.

Acesheart
I have been with only one man my whole life. We have been together for 16 years. I just got diagnosed with Herpes from a culture swab test. They did not tell which type. I can not understand why it would just show up now. I have never had sores prior to this one time and my husband has never had any outbreaks either. We have both been totally faithful to each other. He was only with one other person before me in high school. We both also don't get cold sores often. I can not remember the last time I had a cold sore or him for that matter. I am so upset. He is getting a blood test done to check for herpes. I have heard that they are sometimes not very accurate and I am scared to death that it will show up negative. He says if he gets a negative result he will leave me. I have never cheated on him and I am so lost right now and so scared. I just do not know what to do with myself right now. Is it possible to catch herpes from any other way than sexual contact? I am just so scared I caught it in some unconventional way and he will think I cheated on him if he did not have it. This is just such a nightmare for me. I am supposed to call the doctor back and make another appt to see him, probably to do the blood test. I am in such a fog that I just can not think straight right now though.

Hey Jammin, welcome to our site :wavey: I have had ghsv2 for 24 years, I am a female. I have stayed dormant for 23 years, just had a2nd outbreak ever, just almost a year ago. If the partner of you has ever had a cold sore or fever blister, he could have oral H1, and given it to you genitally. If he has ever had sexy times , previously, he could have been Asmyptomatic and given you genital h2. There are many ways for someone to get herps. I had only had one other partner before I married and my ex hubby gave me genital h2. Its like the saying goes , when they sleep with someone, you are sleeping with all those people who slept with him and so on and so on and so on.

Your partner could have had coldsores for years , as a young child , and just now gave it to you genitally ( he could be Asymptomatic). It is very possible and we see more cases of genital H1 lately, now more than ever before.When you say "we both don't get cold sores often" Well, that is oral Herpes Simplex. If you get a cold sore, its herpes (h1) , if he gets cold sores, its herpes (h1) so you both are already herpesters. Now it is just been passed to you genitally. This h prefers Oral locations, it sheds less and is less harder for females to transmitt to males. If you have it genitally now, its the better h to have genitally. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com , please read all you can. Take care honey. Truly Ace :)

Jammin

Thanks for the replies.