Sign in to follow this  
Ali6

HSV-1, conflicting dates for diagnosis

Ali6

Hello

I want to start with my test results.

7/24 HSV IgM AB not detected. HSV-1 AB .69 and herpes 2 IgG .06

9/24 HSV IgM AB detected. HSV-1 AB 1.07 and herpes 2 IgG .21

Many years ago, I am not sure if it was during my pregnancy or after I gave birth so about 9-10yrs ago, my OBGYN said I was positive for Herpes through a blood test but didn't say which one.

That was the only time all these years it came back positive, until recently.

I have never had any OBs until maybe a year ago. I have had 3-4 OBs on my lip. One tiny pimple each time.

In May the test shows something but it was inconclusive and they have to do it again, that they were changing the tests and how the results were read. When I am tested they mail a sheet and the only thing one of them said was "Herpes 2 negative for old infection".

Today I will recieve the results from last week, the doctor already called and said I have HSV-1 and that it is transmitted the same way herpes 2 is and just as easily, that they are now considered the same thing.

So when they told me initially all I was thinking is "Ok, now I have cold sores, tool me all this time, but now I have them". So now that I get cold sores I am totally freaked and scared that I'm putting everyone at risk, including my daughter whom I've been kissing for the last 9.6yrs.

I've been seeing this guy for about 5 months, we don't use protection (different topic)

So I honeslty don't know if I have had this all these years and maybe he does too which has made it more aggressive or if I gave it to him, he gave it to me. I haven't told him because I just thought of it as cold sores and most people have them. I know when I tell him it will be over.

Just wondering though, if I perfrom oral sex (no OB at the time) and we have unprotected sex, does that mean he has it or is there a possibility he doesn't. Like if he tests what's the likelyhood it will be negative?

Acesheart
Hello

I want to start with my test results.

7/24 HSV IgM AB not detected. HSV-1 AB .69 and herpes 2 IgG .06

9/24 HSV IgM AB detected. HSV-1 AB 1.07 and herpes 2 IgG .21

Many years ago, I am not sure if it was during my pregnancy or after I gave birth so about 9-10yrs ago, my OBGYN said I was positive for Herpes through a blood test but didn't say which one.

That was the only time all these years it came back positive, until recently.

I have never had any OBs until maybe a year ago. I have had 3-4 OBs on my lip. One tiny pimple each time.

In May the test shows something but it was inconclusive and they have to do it again, that they were changing the tests and how the results were read. When I am tested they mail a sheet and the only thing one of them said was "Herpes 2 negative for old infection".

Today I will recieve the results from last week, the doctor already called and said I have HSV-1 and that it is transmitted the same way herpes 2 is and just as easily, that they are now considered the same thing.

So when they told me initially all I was thinking is "Ok, now I have cold sores, tool me all this time, but now I have them". So now that I get cold sores I am totally freaked and scared that I'm putting everyone at risk, including my daughter whom I've been kissing for the last 9.6yrs.

I've been seeing this guy for about 5 months, we don't use protection (different topic)

So I honeslty don't know if I have had this all these years and maybe he does too which has made it more aggressive or if I gave it to him, he gave it to me. I haven't told him because I just thought of it as cold sores and most people have them. I know when I tell him it will be over.

Just wondering though, if I perfrom oral sex (no OB at the time) and we have unprotected sex, does that mean he has it or is there a possibility he doesn't. Like if he tests what's the likelyhood it will be negative?

Hey Ali, welcome to the family :) . If they mailed you a paper saying "herpes 2 negative from old infections" I would get a new doctor ;) . How do they know its an old infection if it was negative? You probably do have h1 oral, 80% has this h and its very common to get it as a child. You love your baby the same way you have always loved her. I have ghsv2 and have never passed my h. If you know you have h1. He can get this h1 genitally through oral sexy times. He does need to be tested. He may already have it and may not know it. The Igm is useless, its very inaccurate test. The Igg has numerical values, numbers, this is a much more accurate test. There is a site www.medhelp.org address your questions to Dr.Grace, she interprets test results. Email her these numbers and sends her response back by email. There is also a book www.westoverheights.com, this can better help you explain this h to new partner. Are you on antivirals, they reduce my shedding and supress my outbreaks. I have only had two in 24 years. I take daily therapy. I am married to a non h man, we also have a daughter too. Good luck. Take care, Ace. :hithere: