World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jinglebug

Herpes Hell!!

jinglebug

Hey everyone im very new to this and would like to share my experience and possibly get some advice if ya'll would be so kind! I apologise for the length of this msg in advance!

Sooo I contracted herpes genitally about 6 months ago. The guy i was seeing had his first outbreak when we had been having sex for a couple of weeks and I got mine a few days later.

Compared to some accounts on here I believe mine was relatively mild as I had one classic "blister" and some ulcers around the opening of my part. The pain was excruciating just with that and had classic feverish symptoms too (dont kno how people cope with more than that!). My boyfriend at the time had a much worse outbreak than me and we were both living abroad at the time. He sent a pic to his dermatologist and he bought valtrex over the counter on his advice.

Anyways his cleared up but I had a second bout immediately as the first was clearing up and it took about a month to clear up completely in total. Anyways hoped that would be the end of it and I would be one of the lucky ones who get few OBs but nooo a few weeks later i got it again. Relatively milder but still had it. Since then i have pretty much been getting them every month triggered by my period. I am on the contraceptive pill so my periods were very regular.

Thing is I pretty much never feel normal down there. Always feel some discomfort and itching all the time with unusual discharge and I had odour. My outbreaks move around a lot and now they are localised to the bum region too! So uncomfortable!! (Even tho we never had sex there). Sometimes my whole crack and bum hole region are so uncomfortable its wretched!!

Soo when I got home I went to the GUM clinic to have full STI screening and checks. The dr said i looked clear for herpes as i wasnt having an OB and they dont give blood tests in the UK for herpes. I was diagnosed with BV instead, something i have never had before and im certain its related to the herpes as they came at the same time. Think my balance is completely thrown down there!! Bought some lysine and vit pills to try help strengthen my natural defences and havent had a blister since just some ulcers and mild rashing that looks like razor bumps but feel much worse so kno its not that. Took the antibiotics which cleared up the BV but the odour started to come back and ive been using fem actigel to keep the symptoms at bay but if i dont use it twice daily i can see the symptoms of the bv coming back.

The past two months my period has come mid cycle (despite the pill!! never happened before!!) and when it normally should when i stop taking my pill so twice a month. Right now i have an uncomfortable (but mild to look at) OB on my bum and some rash around my part. I just feel like a mess down there and its so depressing and all i think about. Been using cotton underwear washing frequently with just water but every uncomfortable step is a reminder of my horrible disease.

The guy who gave it to me as very unsupportive. Altho his was much worse he has not had it again since the first OB and when i would cry and get depressed when it came back he would whine "are we going to have to go through this every month...?" so i broke it off because i wanted to try and deal with this and i dont need that kind of unsupportive attitude.

Anyways im living abroad again and will go back to my GUM clinic when i visit home in a few weeks. Im just so depressed about it all and wanted to get it off my chest on here a bit. Apoligies for the length again. Any support, advice or any similar things uve experienced would be very welcome. I just wish i could have even a few weeks of feeling normal down there. Who knew it could cause such havoc down there! Pllllleeeeease tell me it will get better after the first year i cant live like this i constantly feel gross down there and cant even begin to think about how im ever going to find a relationship again.

Thanks in advance xxx

hatsu

I'm also going through an ob in the anus area. I does use baby diaper rash cream with zinc. it seems to sooth it a bit, so try that. I've had H knowingly going on seven months. but don't worry, I believe we'll get through these OB's soon enough. we'll be just like the other who don't get it every single month :) .

jinglebug

cool thanks i will try that :) yeah i hope so, last month i had my first (almost) OB free month so i can see things are starting to improve which is GOOD :) at least if we OB on our bum are chances of passing it on to someone has got to be slightly reduced !! xx

hatsu

lol. I have no idea, to me an ob is an ob. so the chance are still high to pass it on. hhmmm, you can check the information board and see.

elle7

It sounds like you are very stressed if you are getting outbreaks so often. Try taking valerian root. It's great for calming nerves, but you should probably only take it before bed as it might make you very tired. Chelated magnesium is also wonderful for calming nerves. Tea may help, as well but while you're going through an outbreak, cut back on anything caffeinated.

Notveryhappy

We sound very similar.  Feel ok for maybe a day or two a month. Been happening monthly a week after my period. Used to get the classic one sore maybe every couple years no burning or itching or odour ... now I’m 40 and it’s all changed not sure why ...... My vulva gets very swollen, I get a sore on my butt, a very bad odour and tiny bumps in my left labia and I get it every effing month along with burning sensation. I haven’t really told anyone and everyone thinks something is wrong with me cause I do not want to date. Cause I get OBs too often who wants to deal with that so I stay single but have plenty of toys lol