World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
snow2010

sesitivity to sex

snow2010

Every time I have sex I tear. It doesnt matter if we use lubricant or not, if we only have sex for a short time or along time it still happens and then we usually cant have sex for the rest of the week. He isnt extremely large for this to be happening. In the past i had sexual partners that were larger and It didnt hurt or do damage like this. My question is does anyone else have this issue or notice extreme sensitivity. Im really afraid that i will never get to really enjoy sex again :confused:

Acesheart
Every time I have sex I tear. It doesnt matter if we use lubricant or not, if we only have sex for a short time or along time it still happens and then we usually cant have sex for the rest of the week. He isnt extremely large for this to be happening. In the past i had sexual partners that were larger and It didnt hurt or do damage like this. My question is does anyone else have this issue or notice extreme sensitivity. Im really afraid that i will never get to really enjoy sex again :confused:

Hey snow, I waited two years to have sexy times after my initial outbreak. But this second outbreak, just.a year ago, it was tender down south it seemed for a while. These were very small sores and hardly any pains. This one lasted only about 5 days. Anyone else out there, chime in please. Take care hon, it will get better. One more question. Are you waiting 5 to 7 days after the ob heals? That could make a difference. Take care. Ace :)

snow2010

Well it's not necessarily an out break more like I'm fine and while having sex I can feel my skin tearing. We can have sex doggie style and no matter if its just for a few minutes or along time.. Or No matter if I'm lubricated well. Then I coarse we can't have sex for a week or so bc it hurts. It never really feels like an outbreak. I typically have and outbreak around my monthly so it limits sex alot. I just wonder if this was typical.. It really sucks.. Thank u for responding to me though I thought I would have more insight and responses from everyone here

Elle22

Is the tearing always in the same place? If so, it could be scar tissue, and since scar tissue is not pliable like other skin down there, that resistance could be causing the tearing. I had a scar from my 1st ob down there that kept doing that, not because it was a new ob, just certain movements would cause it to tear over and over. After the last time it tore, I started using skinmedica scar gel and it seems to have improved the flexibility of the scar tissue.

LadyAnderson

I agree, if it's scar tissue, it can be treated. Oddly enough, many herpes patients with this problem don't have the gyn do it, they see a dermatologist (we have one locally that specializes in treating STDs, which I initially thought was really weird -- I had shingles on my face at the time, but now that I've had HSV, I can understand LOL).

snow2010

Yes well the tearing is generally the skin around my vagina hole and in between my bum. That is also where I get outbreaks most of the time. So scar tissue huh? I thought that when u have an outbreak it heals without damaging the skin cells but I knew it had to be connected bc I never had this issue before having hsv. I will talk to my Gyno and maybe follow up with a dermotoligist.

Thank you all

lulusparkles

yes! i have had the exact same problem- i had sex for the first time 8 weeks since my initial outbreak and have tears around my vulva- v sore :( i wasnt sure if this was herpes related, but i never had this previous to catching herpes - so i guess it must be?

xx

LadyAnderson

It's possible that while herpes doesn't leave visable damage to skin (like a burn would), it can still cause damage. If it can leave familiar indentation marks (like the little dimples we see with chicken pox and measels), which are a tell-tale of damage, it can cause other kinds of damage we can't see to the lower layers of the epidermis. For some, this may mean easy tearing of the skin during sexual activity because the elasticisty of the skin structure is compromised in tiny areas. Other kinds of damage may affect others people (I now have a tiny spot that is chronically dry and driving me nuts LOL).

Greengirl3

I'm in the same boat!

I'm new to this forum but have had genital hsv-1 for 4 years now. I am in a happy, committed relationship, but every time I have sex, I experience those same symptoms- pain around the opening, swelling, but no actual sores like you would see with a "typical" OB. I've tried sooo many things: different condoms, lubes, even organic ones with no chemicals that would be irritating. Nothing helps. It usually lasts a few days but it is really depressing to hear about how my friends have sex multiple times a day and knowing I may never know what that feels like or have a great sex life like that... Like I said I am so happy in my relationship and my boyfriend is very supportive but I know he wishes we could do it more often. (Who wouldn't) once a week maximum, usually less, just sucks. So I know how you feel, snow2010! I have also noticed the length of time or roughness of the sex makes pretty much no difference. I have tried to explain it to my doctor as it even happened after a pelvic exam/pap but she had nothing to offer. Frustrating to say the least. :(

swirl

I have this problem too. It really does suck. I have found that being SUPER gentle helps (3 cheers for slow sex) but it's not fool proof all the time. The longer I can 'be in the mood' before having sex seems to help too... blood flow or something. I wish I didn't have to worry about it either! And it often seems to be in one or two specific spots as well.