World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
moonlightandmagic

Hellooooo....

moonlightandmagic

I just received news that I my test was positive for HSV2. I'm in shock right now and so is my husband of 15 years. Neither of us have ever had a break-out - I just kept feeling like I had a UTI and didn't, so our doctor recommended the test. Waiting for my follow-up appointment and have no idea what (if anything) I'm supposed to be doing now.

I'm looking for ways to learn more about my diagnosis. :wavey:

Acesheart
I just received news that I my test was positive for HSV2. I'm in shock right now and so is my husband of 15 years. Neither of us have ever had a break-out - I just kept feeling like I had a UTI and didn't, so our doctor recommended the test. Waiting for my follow-up appointment and have no idea what (if anything) I'm supposed to be doing now.

I'm looking for ways to learn more about my diagnosis. :wavey:

Hey moon, welcome to the family :wavey: . I'm sorry for h. Has your husband tested too? May I ask how did you test by blood or swab/culture of the sores? I'm a female married for 22 years, I have ghsv2. He tested two months ago and he is still a non h man. You can live a great life with. You live the way you did before you knew. :) . I got h from my first husband, after that we divorced. I remarried two years later. Had your husband ever had a cold sore? My herps stayed dormant for 23.years, I just had a second outbreak about a year ago. It will be fine, you two have each other for support. Your life will change but it can be for the bettrer. Once again. Welcome. Truly, Ace :hithere:

Iridewheelies

Well hello there

drumlasson23

hi all. very confused and scared at the moment, think i have HSV2!! right now my new boyfriend is gone to the doctor, didn give a reason why, but im scared hes gonna tell me he has contracted it!! wat do i do now??

Acesheart
hi all. very confused and scared at the moment, think i have HSV2!! right now my new boyfriend is gone to the doctor, didn give a reason why, but im scared hes gonna tell me he has contracted it!! wat do i do now??

Hey drum, welcome to our site :wavey: .. Have you tested for herps? Why and how did you test? Why you afraid he will tell you he has h honey. Has he or you had cold sores? . Here is a book www.westoverheights.com , please relax and read all you can. It will be okay. Please keep us posted. Take care, Ace :)

drumlasson23

No i havent been tested yet. Haven had the courage to go to doc and get tested. Ya he is very prone to coldsores, i get them maybe 4 times a year. Im just petrified as if he tells me he has it, it means i defintly have it also. Thank you!!!

moonlightandmagic

My doctor ordered a blood test, but I don't know anything at this point except that it was positive. Yes, my husband gets a cold sore two or three times a year when his lips get chapped. Hmmm... I knew that was a type of herpes, but thought that was a different kind (I never get them). He has not been tested yet. My DH called our doctor when I told him I was getting tested - our doctor said if I had it then he likely does too, but we'll deal with everything else after my test comes back.

I feel bad for him in a way, because he is saying it's probably his fault.... apparently the 70's were a fairly wild (read 'stupid' lol) time. At this point, I can't see it matters. My first thought was that he had been unfaithful and asked our doctor, but he said people can have it for many years before an outbreak... or they might never have a noticable outbreak. Is this true? I was freaked out enough that I had a serious talk with my husband who swears he's never had any type of contact with another woman, so we'll go with that. This sounds like I'm trying blame my husband, but I'm not. If it can lay dormant that long then one of my other two partners could have had it without me/them knowing.

I know I'm rambling now... just trying to sort all of this out in my head and the fact that I can be married this long and JUST NOW have problems.

Acesheart
No i havent been tested yet. Haven had the courage to go to doc and get tested. Ya he is very prone to coldsores, i get them maybe 4 times a year. Im just petrified as if he tells me he has it, it means i defintly have it also. Thank you!!!

Hey drum, you both already have herpes. Cold sores are herpes. Honey if you are having it genital outbreak, its from oral sexy times. H1 is cold sores, but it can go genital too. Don't be scared, you both are already herpsters. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com, read all you can, get educated and teach him too. You can be there for each other. Take care, hugs Ace :)

Acesheart
My doctor ordered a blood test, but I don't know anything at this point except that it was positive. Yes, my husband gets a cold sore two or three times a year when his lips get chapped. Hmmm... I knew that was a type of herpes, but thought that was a different kind (I never get them). He has not been tested yet. My DH called our doctor when I told him I was getting tested - our doctor said if I had it then he likely does too, but we'll deal with everything else after my test comes back.

I feel bad for him in a way, because he is saying it's probably his fault.... apparently the 70's were a fairly wild (read 'stupid' lol) time. At this point, I can't see it matters. My first thought was that he had been unfaithful and asked our doctor, but he said people can have it for many years before an outbreak... or they might never have a noticable outbreak. Is this true? I was freaked out enough that I had a serious talk with my husband who swears he's never had any type of contact with another woman, so we'll go with that. This sounds like I'm trying blame my husband, but I'm not. If it can lay dormant that long then one of my other two partners could have had it without me/them knowing.

I know I'm rambling now... just trying to sort all of this out in my head and the fact that I can be married this long and JUST NOW have problems.

Hey moon, his cold sores are herpes , h1 . Just because he has it, doesn't mean you do. My husband is non h, 22 years now, I'm ghsv2 for 24 years. It will be fine. My herps stayed dormant for 23 years. :) Message me anytime. Hugs, Ace :hithere: