World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
2blessed2stress

Too little time, to waste a lot of it.

2blessed2stress

I'm not even 24 hours into this diagnosis, and all I can say is life is incredibly too short to spend the little time that we do have dwelling over this virus. At just 19 years old, I have nothing but life to live. . . some people may feel sad that I have had to contract the virus at such a young age and never even experienced a love being close to remotely real. . . but I know the man I do find and hope to find will be a great one for living and loving me with this virus. I could waste my time trying to find out which one of the people I had sex with gave me this and be mad, upset, fuss and fight but that would solve nothing. I have to live with this thing. There is nothing I can do but learn to live with, I'm deeply hurt, I'm sad. . . & I'm just hoping no one purposely infected me . . . which I don't think. . . I'm using this thing as a way to educate others, for about an hour I cried and thought why me, but then I thought why not me? I just have to use my voice . . . the more I research this virus the more I learn that there are so many people who don't know they have it, don't know that condoms aren't really such a preventative measure , all I want to do is spread the word and open other people's eyes, like I wish someone would have done for me. . . I'm sure I will cry myself to sleep tonight thats if I even get to sleep but ummmmm I will be okay. I now have to contact the people I had sex with and tell them to get tested. . . it's hard, but I have to do the right thing. I only had 5 sexual partners in my life time, I've been good friends with each of them . . . but this is one conversation you barely want to have with yourself. . . I will be okay.

Acesheart
I'm not even 24 hours into this diagnosis, and all I can say is life is incredibly too short to spend the little time that we do have dwelling over this virus. At just 19 years old, I have nothing but life to live. . . some people may feel sad that I have had to contract the virus at such a young age and never even experienced a love being close to remotely real. . . but I know the man I do find and hope to find will be a great one for living and loving me with this virus. I could waste my time trying to find out which one of the people I had sex with gave me this and be mad, upset, fuss and fight but that would solve nothing. I have to live with this thing. There is nothing I can do but learn to live with, I'm deeply hurt, I'm sad. . . & I'm just hoping no one purposely infected me . . . which I don't think. . . I'm using this thing as a way to educate others, for about an hour I cried and thought why me, but then I thought why not me? I just have to use my voice . . . the more I research this virus the more I learn that there are so many people who don't know they have it, don't know that condoms aren't really such a preventative measure , all I want to do is spread the word and open other people's eyes, like I wish someone would have done for me. . . I'm sure I will cry myself to sleep tonight thats if I even get to sleep but ummmmm I will be okay. I now have to contact the people I had sex with and tell them to get tested. . . it's hard, but I have to do the right thing. I only had 5 sexual partners in my life time, I've been good friends with each of them . . . but this is one conversation you barely want to have with yourself. . . I will be okay.

Hey 2blessed, I could not have given you a better pep talk :) . This is exactly what you should do. Live!! I have lived and loved for 24 years with my h. I also have a daughter, one year younger than you. I did educate her and disclosed to her, well before she went off to college. I wanted her to know cold sores/fever blisters are h1. I wanted her to be aware that you don't have to have intercourse to get h, she's bisexual. She is now the 2nd person, besides drs, that I have disclosed to. Biggest weight lifted from my shoulders just knowing she is educated, I was not. Take care honey and keep doing what your doing. There are men out there who will see the heart. :love: hugs, Ace :)