World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
divemad

a wee bit shocked!

divemad

so i found out today for definate i had the dreaded h! shocked and confused are 2 good words to describe how i feel at the moment! in some ways im glad its this, at the tnd of the day its not life threatening right? however the pain i have been in this week with my first outbreak is horrific and frankly i want this thing to go away! but trying to stay positive nonetheless.

any advice, tips, painrelief ideas would be awesome!

Acesheart
so i found out today for definate i had the dreaded h! shocked and confused are 2 good words to describe how i feel at the moment! in some ways im glad its this, at the tnd of the day its not life threatening right? however the pain i have been in this week with my first outbreak is horrific and frankly i want this thing to go away! but trying to stay positive nonetheless.

any advice, tips, painrelief ideas would be awesome!

Hey divemad. I gave you some tips in your other post. I know you confused, its normal to be at first. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com , please read this and read here too in our lovely herpes library. It's located to the right side of the front forum page. If you have ever had sexy times or oral sex, you could have h for many years and just not know it. My h stayed dormant for 23 years, just had 2nd outbreak about a year ago. I'm married to a non h man for almost as many, we have a daughter too. Your still you! Still that same person who loves to dive and explore nature at its best. After this pain has gone, your mindset will help you get back to the things you enjoy. Take care honey. Hugs, Ace :)

Goddess1

Just like you I found out this week that I was exposed to h. Needless to say I too have been shocked,confused,angry,very sad "lots of crying". I have been in my first week and feel so sick chills, pain, nausea you name it. I too am trying to stay positive after many days of being sad. I just read something about betadine to ease the pain. Not sure if this works but I read it on a medical site. I'm here if you need to talk...

Acesheart
Just like you I found out this week that I was exposed to h. Needless to say I too have been shocked,confused,angry,very sad "lots of crying". I have been in my first week and feel so sick chills, pain, nausea you name it. I too am trying to stay positive after many days of being sad. I just read something about betadine to ease the pain. Not sure if this works but I read it on a medical site. I'm here if you need to talk...

Hi welcome Goddess1, yes I saw this too. Also bactine spray, its for wounds care, it has a numbing agent and boy does it make peeing a lot easier. Take care Ace :hithere: