World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
divemad

girly question-sorry boys

divemad

hi girls, just a quick question about herpes and periods! (i did say sorry boys!)

this is my first ob and has been agony to say the least. im a bit worried that my period (due in 4 days) is going to aggravate the ulcers a bit.

does it cause any more pain at all and if so any tips?

also am i more likely to get obs with periods in the future cos that would be rubbish!

cheeers guys!

Acesheart
hi girls, just a quick question about herpes and periods! (i did say sorry boys!)

this is my first ob and has been agony to say the least. im a bit worried that my period (due in 4 days) is going to aggravate the ulcers a bit.

does it cause any more pain at all and if so any tips?

also am i more likely to get obs with periods in the future cos that would be rubbish!

cheeers guys!

Hey divemad, yes for some unfortunately the monthly package can cause some to get symptoms , for others full outbreaks. I use to get symptoms like extra weird feeling down south, but not full blown outbreaks. Some have told me they double up on meds for the first full year. I would consult your DR about this. Are you taking Lysine? This helps to keep H from replicating in the body. Also don't forget the Epsom Salts in the bath waters, it helps to dry up the outbreaks, should you get one :) . Hope this helps. Take care honey, Truly Ace :hithere:

divemad

thanks ace! no not been using epsom salts, have found that a normal shower, sudocrem and betadine iodine cream to be magic!! feeling miles better today so will just see what periods bring in the future. take care yourself :)