World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Elly

HSV-1, Facial pain (Trigeminal neuralgia) and Vertigo-attacks.

Elly

Hello everybody,

It started for me two years ago with the Vertigo-attacks (like Menieres desease) and the Facial pain (diagnosed Trigeminal Neuralgia) at the same time.

Not very pleasant ... :(

Recently they found out I'm having active HSV-1, which can't calm down.

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has HSV-1 and Trigeminal Neuralgia (facial pain) and/or Vertigo attacks or any other earproblem (Tinnitus, Eustachian tube disorder, ...) ?

I would very much appriciate to hear from you!

Elly :wavey:.

Toro

I have experienced the same and still have vertigo , ear problems tinnitus...All began on summer when I was off suppresive treatment. Calmed down after suppresive Valtrex now with Famvir treatment.. Hope they find a cure the soonest...

Elly

Thank you for posting Toro!

I'm very surprised to get a reaction on my post. I'm very sorry for you though...

I don't seem to have any outbreaks on my skin, but the virus is in a constant active state (they've tested my blood several times). I get cold-sores frequently also. I got chickenpox (also a HSV type) on my 40th year.

It seems to me my problems (vertigo, trigeminal neuralgia, earproblems) are NOT an coincidence.

Does your vertigo come as 3-hour attacks?

And is your tinnitus also on your heartbeat? Full ear? Pressure?

They have treated me for Menieres, but it didn't work, so now they're thinking its MAV (migraine associated vertigo), but they are not shure yet.

Still have bad Trigeminal Neuralgia at times, taking Carbamazepine all the time. Couldn't live without it.

I was on Valacyclovir, 2 times a day 500 mg, for 3 weeks. That was it. On my last day on Valacyclovir I got a vertigo-attack. So maybe I needed to take more or longer, I don't know.

May I ask you what your dosage was on your suppresive treatment? And how long did you took it?

Many thanks for your reply!

Elly.

Jay2255

Did your tinnitus ever resolve?