World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
RON123

O brks

RON123

How long can a OB last for on a guys hammer..sry dont like saying penis..any how i had a OB OVER A WK AGO so i went to Amerge and thats what they told me herpes ob ..so they gave me a script Famciclovir 500mg..so picked them up took them three times a day for 7 days ..when the pills were gone but the crazy bugs like feeling crawling down on the end of the hammer was still there after 7 days..most of the sores and wetness and redness was cleared up but itching and crawling stll there so back to emerge and this time they say its a yeast infection ..OK SO I HAVE BEEN TAKEING THE CLOTRIMADERM CREAM 1% now for 6 days now and i was woundering if any one knows how long a yeast infection takes to clear up BECAUSE mine hasnt ...cleared ..still crawling down thier and sore and red.So any info on it would be nice ..THANKS

MagBreezy

Hi Ron,

Believe me when I say I'm not an expert on the topic , just diagnosed today. I've done alot of research on the topic though and from my readings I've found that you can still have the "tingling or bug like feeling" after your outbreak has cleared because the virus is still in the nerves or has effected the nerves, something like that. As a woman, whenever I had a yeasty beasty I took Miconazole(sp?) and it cleared within 3-5 days. I (not a doc or expert) think you are still dealing with the out break in your nerves. just my opinion. This is my first outbreak though,, so what do i know:)

RON123

hello MagBreezy thanks for your advice and i think what you are saying could be right but the cream i put on seems to keep the buggies away when t wears off after5 or 6 hrs they will start buging again so ijust make sure i have lots of cream on..the last 2or3 days have been better but scared to stop with the cream..thaks for telling me what you have read and i hope yr not to sore or sick with yrs..TAKE CARE FOR NOW..George

MagBreezy

No problem, I'm glad you found a way to keep thee feeling away. I've been dealing with the flu, I guess thats what triggered this episode. Since I don't think that I recently became infected. Have a good Christmas:), Mags

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      That’s right, most infections of the one type are in one nerve ganglion. As such, the virus only appears at the skin’s surface where that ganglion reaches to.  This does all come down to the numbers though, if you have no other evidence than a firmly positive HSV infection, the default assumption which is not likely to be wrong is that type 1 is oral and type 2 is genital. A positive swab is the only evidence to the contrary.
    • Lulupazoola
      I was having back to back OB's and decided to try several things I had read about here.  The first one was instant gratification:  oil of oregano diluted with fractionated coconut oil.  I could feel another OB coming, tingles, and just spread the oil all over the area.  In a few minutes the tingle was gone.  The lesions and red scarring i had responded well to it too.  Went away promptly.  The second thing was diet.  A person on this forum said they had good results by eating more vegetables, some fruit, meat and mostly using potatoes for carbs.  Like, leaving grains alone.  I decided to leave wheat alone and use other grains occasionally.  I no longer eat chocolate, nuts, seeds, coconut, oats, as these r all potential triggers for an OB.  I take 1000 mg lysine 2 x day in case i unknowingly eat some food that is high in arganine.  So far so good.  Another person on this forum said she took neem capsules 2 x day and hadnt had another outbreak in 2 years.  So i do that too.  It hasnt been long enough for me to make any great claims, but the continuous, never ending breakouts have stopped, i have energy and feel good.
    • Friends
      Is it possible to catch HSV 2 somewhere else other than the penis... And if so does this mean you will not transmit from that area? 
    • Lulupazoola
      I wouldnt want to give anyone info that they might decide to use against me at some point.  U must tell those that u must tell, but otherwise, i would only unburden myself anonymously, like on a forum.  No judgment or harm here.
    • Thomas29
      Could you recommend any decent treatment if you know of any?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.