World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
greendolphin

Expect the Unexpectable!!

greendolphin

I've had genital Herpes for more than a year and a half. Doctors tested me for every STD although not for H cos they said it didn't matter which type you have as H is H anyway and treatment is the same in both cases.

I got it from a girl who had it orally (or genitally and lied to me - I never had it on my lips) and it was a real nuisance as I had severe outbreaks every 2-3 weeks for the first 6 months, constant prodromes and had to take Valtrex daily. I tried L-Lysine, not drinking alcohol, vitamin supplements, avoiding sugar, etc and nothing worked.

But I'm quite a possitive guy so went on with my life, I joined foreign language classes, a gym, played rugby, went out, played the bass, travelled around the world, had fun, and lived with so much confidence that I even got promoted at work in the meantime. Life always has things to offer.

Only problem of course was dating, as I had a few chances with girls but didn't want to do anything cos I though it would be unfair to have one night stands on this condition and didn't really meet any girl I liked enough to disclose about H, but decided to go on with my plan of enjoying life and avoiding irresponsible sex or even worse, to fall in love.

Life, hard as it is, made me then meet this gorgeous green eyed girl who I fell for straight away. But she had a boyfrienfd and I had H, a complete suicidal mission. So I decided there was nothing I could do but we kept a very good relationship, became better and better friends with time, and talked a lot for 4-5 months. So I went on holidays and when I came back, found out that she had dumped her bf and found myself kissing her on my first weekend back. I was terrified she was gonna ask me to go to her place as I didn't wanna lie to her but felt it was too early to disclose. She luckily didn't. So we started dating and turned out to be the best start I ever had with a girl. Amazing. A month after this more or less she told me she never had wanted sex cos was still recovering from her previous relationship but was now ready. So I sat with her and told her about H straight away.

I had been planning it in my head for ages and when it came out I was way clumiser than planned but she reacted really well. She admitted she didn't like it at all and was concerned but supported me and even when I suggested 'I'd understand if you'd dump me cos you can't deal with this' she replied 'are you stupid? u think I am gonna dump you only because of this? we just need to find out how to make it work for us!'. She started talking about future holidays together and other nice stuff. And I felt great.

A few days later she told me she had researched on the web and found out H is much worse than she initially thought but still supported and liked me and wanted to find a way. She wanted both of us to get tested on STDs and take it from there but was clearly more worried.

I knew this would be the end as in her mind there was a solution whereas in mine I knew this would only mean more trouble, but I had to had the test with her. I couldn't refuse.

And we got the results. I discovered I had type 1 but unexpectedly she had type 1 and type 2!!! Even though she never had any outbreak or symptons whatsoever!

So I found myself consoling her as she was worried to give type 2 to me, suggesting to me that maybe I should dump her and try to find a girl who hadn't got both types!!!

I honestly didn't care about getting type 2 as I really loved this girl and it wouldn't make any difference anyway as both types are the same sh*t but realized how ironic and surprising life can be. Ironic and surprising but beautiful, even more since that moment.

My apologies for the long rant but I'm just hoping it will help others as for me (even though I still get OBs quite regularly despite of Valtrex) it was all about going on with my life, hope for more, get more involved in social life, being honest and keep my selfconfidence... and it worked! Even without H I'd have never thought I'd get a girl like that, especially when already having a boyfriend, but I did and thought she wouldn't accept my H, she did but had reasonable doubts, we tested and it ended with me consoling her and being there for her, and it turned out to be the best relationship of my life... forget about weird treatments and don't bang your head against walls... life is there to be lived not to hide from it in your room. It's all about ATTITUDE! :D

MissHope

Wow. Just wow - what a story!

Thank you so much for sharing. I've heard of the 'me too' stories around these parts - where one person finally gets the courage to tell, only to have the other person say 'me too'. This is just another take on that but more importantly, it shows not only the importance of being honest, but also being tested. So many folks out there carry the virus but don't have symptoms.

GreenDolphin - I wish you both the very best and a happy future together!

cupcakes12

This was an awesome story!!! Thanks for sharing.