World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sunnysideup99

hsv1 genitally on my back?

sunnysideup99

Long story, here goes.

So i began sleeping with partner X about 4 months ago and we had vaginal (no oral/anal) sex probably ten times during that month. It is my understanding that partner X has never been tested for herpes 1 or 2. A week after we stopped sleeping together i got back together with ex boyfriend (partner Y, lets call him) of 3 years and we began having vaginal and oral sex. About a month into this (and six weeks after stopping sex with partner X i began having vaginal/anal itching, tingling in the legs, flu symptoms (mild, no fever), pain in the vaginal area, and a few single red bumps with white heads which looked like pimples on my buttocks and lower back near my tailbone.

I was tested at this time (6 weeks post exposure to partner X as well as six weeks after beginning of suspected outbreak) and was negative for hsv 1 and hsv 2. I was told this was conclusive and i needed no further retesting, however further research made it clear to me that i should be retested. I was tested friday, about 3 months after any exposure to partner X and it came back : HSV1: 1.71 (positive) and HSV2<90 (negative).

both tests were Igg type specific.

I have many questions.

1.) If i understand correctly, arent most cases of sacral herpes (like mine on the back and tailbone) caused by hsv2? Or is it simply unusual for hsv1 to manifest there?

2.) Since it is a low positive should i assume that it could be false and since i am still negative for hsv2 could i actually just be hsv1 negative and hsv2 positive but not showing any detectable antibodies yet?

3.) it seems unlikely that i would contract hsv1 from oral to genital contact from partner Y, seeing as we engaged in alot of oral sex over the years we were together before and i never had symptoms genitally or orally.

4.) If i contracted hsv1 genitally from partner Y recently wouldnt i also have some kind of symptoms orally, because i dont?

5.) is it likely that i have had hsv1 my whole life and the first test simply did not detect it, as i know this is commonly missed (1/10 cases) which in turn would make it harder for the test to detect hsv2 (which i have also read is possible, those with previous hsv1 infections getting false negatives on herpeselect)

i plan to retest at 4 months (one month from now) and see what that gives me. Then probably again at 6 months. It is all just very confusing to me.

dogdude

I wish I had better answers for you and wish you luck. Testing can be a real issue with HSV. I have had 3 blood tests and 2 swab tests within 6 months exposure and they all said positive for HSV1. But after seeing a new doctor today for something different he ordered a batch of tests and it came back negative for any HSV and this is 10 months since I believe I was exposed. So as far as the testing goes I feel like they are somewhat unreliable. Western Blot I hear is more accurate. Maybe that could help you. Best of luck.

non stop guy

the sores need to be swabed with a pcr as soon as possible after they appear.the rest of the questions are hard to say.at least for me.in the end the pcr swab is your best bet.or the western blot.type1 doesnt always show up on the igg.type 1 below the waist normally has harsh o.b the first time.yours sounds mild. good luck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      I think you're right about 'having a good flow', i.e. splitting the dosage throughout the day to make most use of it. You're also right about potential strain on your body for overdoses, however there is conflicting information about this based on studies I've read. There are several of studies indicating benefits of high doses of vitamin C for fighting viral diseases. I've done quite a bit of research on this as in the past I used to suffer from common colds, often over one week in duration and up to 6 times a year. With Zinc and Vitamin C I've managed to reduce these to once a year, and their duration to under 6 days. Some of the studies used IV administration of Vitamin C, which is of course different to taking it orally, but some of them had success with high oral doses as well:  Dr. Harri Hemilä from the University of Helsinki, Finland, analyzed the findings of two randomized trials each of which investigated the effects of two vitamin C doses on the duration of the common cold. The first trial administered 3 g/day vitamin C to two study groups, 6 g/day to a third group, and the fourth group was administered a placebo. Compared with the placebo group the 6 g/day dose shortened colds by 17%, twice as much as the 3 g/day doses did. The second trial administered 4 g/day and 8 g/day vitamin C, and placebo to different groups, but only on the first day of the cold. Compared with the placebo group, the 8 g/day dose shortened colds by 19%, twice as much as the 4 g/day dose did. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/4/339/htm High dose IV Vitamin C has been shown to be effective against viral infections such as the common cold rhinovirus (Hemila and Herman,1995); avian virus H1N1 (Ely,2007;) Chikungunya (Gonzalez et al. 2014; Marcial-Vega et al,2015); Zika (Gonzalez et al 2016) and influenza (Zarubaeva et al.2017). Also oral supplementation with vitamin C (doses over 3g) appears to be able to both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections (Carr and Maggini, 2017). https://isom.ca/article/high-dose-vitamin-c-influenza-case-report/ We had a case in which a patient with herpes zoster did not respond to conventional therapy so we attempted to administer intravenous infusion of vitamin C which resulted in an immediate reduction in the pain. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3111558/
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Antoinette63 you do absolutely nothing. If infected with HSV-2, then the initial outbreak would have occurred within days of the infections. Symptoms after 4 months are not really likely to have been from that episode.  If she does have a recent infection of herpes, then it will be from her new boyfriend!
    • WilsoInAus
      Hang on @viralfrog let’s be rational here. The male body can only usefully metabolise 100mg of vitamin C a day. Any excess does not have any known impact on the body as it doesn’t actually get to where you might be thinking it goes. It goes out via your kidneys, potentially causing toxic effects. The real trick with vitamin C is making sure there is a good flow moving through your intestines such that your body can metabolise the full 100mg easily. To achieve this, you are much better off taking a tablet of about 250mg with each meal. Anything more than 2g a day of vitamin C is not only useless but commences a strain process on your body that may include outcomes including kidney stones. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hang on, no one is talking about testing again for herpes. We are suggesting an analysis of the serum in the blisters that will give clues as to the cause.
    • viralfrog
      Currently I'm taking my Ascorbic acid at two doses throughout the day, 6g at lunch and 6g at dinner. It's already a hassle as I have to dilute it in water, rinse my mouth with coconut oil and then I take a shot of it from a shot glass and rinse my mouth quickly with water after. Even with the coconut oil, I'm worried for my teeth.  I was going to order a capsule filler machine and some gelatin capsules, but realised it will cost me almost the same than just ordering 1g vitamin tablets from iHerb. Also, this means I still have to be eating 12 capsules per day which is not ideal. I wonder if I could figure out some DIY method to be able to squeeze 3-5g of the Ascorbic acid into some coating to be able to swallow it without risking my teeth.  I had a look at liposomal C too, but what put me off was the quick expiration date if making it yourself. Unless I'm wrong, you have to do a new batch like twice a week. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.