World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
d00m kitty

Bartholin's Gland Cyst - females only

d00m kitty

Hi Everyone

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, I didn't until I got GHSV2. I have no idea if they're connected/related or not? For ages now, I've thought, oh dear I must be going to get an outbreak................and recently discovered, that's not what is happening at all. I actually have bartholin's gland cyst. Gosh it's a bloody nuisance.:confused: I've done a fair bit of research online and no wonder I was thinking like I was. I'm hoping it's not going to continue like forever, or more importantly, get any bigger?

Does anyone else have this?

thanks

d00m

snow2010

Hi there , I to get these and I have read that they are connected. Sometimes I will have several back to back and sometimes I won't get any for a while. I will say that soaking in the bath helps. There was a time that I got one that was excruciating. It was so bad that I couldn't sit down. I used a heating pad and hot baths until it drained. This happened a couple of months after my 1st out break. Thankfully I haven't experienced another that bad but I do still get them from time to time. If it gets unbearable I would contact your Gyno

d00m kitty

Thanks snow, I really believe there's a link, I mean I've never had them until now? Gosh they're bloody irritating!! I think if I still have probs I'll say something again to my Doctor. I think she think's it isn't really a problem. But, it is. I know it's there all the flippin' time!! Annoying!! Mind you, from the research I've done, doesn't seem to be that much they can really do? They can come back again?

snow2010

The only thing that can do is remove the gland that is causing it which there are 2 glands at the opening of the vagina (1 on each side) but then also that might take away you ability to secret lubrication when having sex. Typically they would only do that if it was a serious issue though

d00m kitty

Yeah, so it's another one of those learn to live with it deals? lol

Misty67

Hey Doom kitty...

I truly believe there is a link with bartholins gland cyst and H....I remember examining myself in the beginning daily...mine were HUGE...I called the nurse in a panic because I read that it was related to HSV. I have not had this problem since my initial OB in 09. Hope this gets better for you! :)

d00m kitty

Thanks Misty

I think it's taken me a while to wake up to the fact something else was in fact going on down there. I just kept thinking oh bugger it must be the start of an OB and nothing would happen? I suppose one day the lump got big enough that I questioned the whole thing? Oh and thanks to embarrassing bodies lol got my butt to the doc to find out WTF is going on down there lol

This appears to be new for me. I'd say I went the first 18 months of having H without anything like this? It has been a stressful year and I even had tonsilitis too which I hadn't had since I was maybe 17/18/19 years of age. My immune system is suffering......

thanks xx

Misty67

Sure it's true that women do not have to have GHSV to have bartholin gland cyst. I had NEVER had any issues with this prior to contracting HSV. My glands were doubled in size..this is when I panicked and called my doctor for a 2nd examiniation. When he examined me this is when he agreed to a HSV test. I have read and chatted with many women that have experienced that same issue with GHSV.

Thankfully my glands returned to their normal size and no drastic treatment was needed. Nor have I had any other problems with cyst with my re-ocurring OBs.

d00m kitty

Hi Misty

I'm hoping things will settle down with me too, I think this has just been a bit of a rough year on my immune system. I tend to question everything as I don't believe in coincidence, I even wonder about taking Olive Leaf extract because I started taking that at the time this started.