World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
TheResistance

Any one tried tooth paste?

TheResistance

I am currently experiencing one of the worst out breaks I've had in a long time. The worst part of it all is that its Facial, so there is no hiding it. It looks HORRIBLE. At this point I am afraid to go out side. Worst part of it all is that I am unemployed and I will need to go on interviews soon.

I have tried every thing. I just ran out of valtrax 1000mg. (generic, going to switch to name brand when i get more money). I have been taking oil of oregano(internal and topical), vitimine C 8grams per day, and just started lysine and echinacea.

I read that tooth paste helps speed healing. I tried it for the first time and jesus christ it burned like nothing Ive ever felt before. It burned so bad that I had to wash it off after 5 min. I simply could not take it any more. It may be a good sign that its working. Oh maybe I had some residue oil of oregano still on my face.

I am going to repeat the tooth paste topical tomorrow and again before bed.

Hopefully that and the supplements that I am taking will force the virus back in remission.

Has any one had any success with tooth paste? while I wont say the brand name I will say its white. I've read that the gel tooth paste are not effective.

victor

Toothpaste is good at drying sores out and I assume it's safe. I've used toothpaste on a hickey before (never a cold sore) and it made it heal quick! I strongly suggest including zinc in your supplements as well as using it on your OB and areas of infection daily. Lysine has been proven scientifically NOT to have any affect on the frequency of OBs, but if you want to take it for overall health then by all means go for it. On the other hand, zinc has been proven to reduce OBs.

TheResistance
Toothpaste is good at drying sores out and I assume it's safe. I've used toothpaste on a hickey before (never a cold sore) and it made it heal quick! I strongly suggest including zinc in your supplements as well as using it on your OB and areas of infection daily. Lysine has been proven scientifically NOT to have any affect on the frequency of OBs, but if you want to take it for overall health then by all means go for it. On the other hand, zinc has been proven to reduce OBs.

Do you have any links that support your lysine comments? Its not that I don't believe you, I just want to read the information or testimonies myself so I can make a judgement call. Zinc sounds promising. Ill read up on that.

for now, I think i will discontinue the tooth paste. I believe I have had a chemical reaction with the oil of oregano. The area is extremely red. I don't think i can take another tooth paste application. I will try tooth paste again in the future though.

mrm

The toothpaste myth has been going around for years. It started out on click bank pages being sold as a secret for $50.00. Of course you can try it and its free since you already have it but dont expect much other than a sparkling clean herpe. I have tried it for that reason and it made no difference for me. Lysine has not been proven to work although some people say it does. It has not helped me for sure.

TheResistance
The toothpaste myth has been going around for years. It started out on click bank pages being sold as a secret for $50.00. Of course you can try it and its free since you already have it but dont expect much other than a sparkling clean herpe. I have tried it for that reason and it made no difference for me. Lysine has not been proven to work although some people say it does. It has not helped me for sure.

Hi mrm, what kind of tooth past did you try?

Joperty

I gave toothpaste a go, not sure it healed anything faster but it definitely tool the itch away xx

TheResistance
I gave toothpaste a go, not sure it healed anything faster but it definitely tool the itch away xx

What kind of tooth paste did you use? Did you use it on genital herpes or a cold sore?

mrm

I used it on a coldsore but its been too many years now and I dont remember what brand it was. I actually paid the 50.00 for the stupid secret back then.

Joperty

It was genital - just normal white toothpaste! Not sure how coldsores feel so it might not help! Might be worth trying Manuka honey too thou, studies have shown it can help because of its antiviral properties - assume that applies to coldsores too xx

Emmamae

Aspercreme helps to shrink and heal my coldsores. But, my coldsores are very small due to antiviral suppression (1000mg valacyclovir) and vitamin b12 sublingual. My monthly coldsores have not appeared the past two months due to treatment.

Brett01

I heard it first time to using about toothpaste. Are you sure guys it helps because toothpaste have some chemical ingredients. Anyhow thanks for sharing. I will tell to my partner to try this. hope everything will gonna fine.

Createss Galore
I am currently experiencing one of the worst out breaks I've had in a long time. The worst part of it all is that its Facial, so there is no hiding it. It looks HORRIBLE. At this point I am afraid to go out side. Worst part of it all is that I am unemployed and I will need to go on interviews soon.

How did your interviews go and how was your OB at the time?

praying praying

I have tried every thing. I just ran out of valtrax 1000mg. (generic, going to switch to name brand when i get more money). I have been taking oil of oregano(internal and topical), vitimine C 8grams per day, and just started lysine and echinacea.

I read that tooth paste helps speed healing. I tried it for the first time and jesus christ it burned like nothing Ive ever felt before. It burned so bad that I had to wash it off after 5 min. I simply could not take it any more. It may be a good sign that its working. Oh maybe I had some residue oil of oregano still on my face.

I am going to repeat the tooth paste topical tomorrow and again before bed.

Hopefully that and the supplements that I am taking will force the virus back in remission.

Has any one had any success with tooth paste? while I wont say the brand name I will say its white. I've read that the gel tooth paste are not effective.

Hi

Tooth paste burned I take alcohol on a q-tip or alcohol prep pads right on my lip. It burned murder! Lol. When I felt that tinkling feeling coming on the third dy a its so tiny unnoticeable its a battle. Fight it before it shows it head is thr trick for me for my hsv 1 on my lip. But it don't work as good for my hsv2 on my genial I don't mind the burn if its going to get rid of a ob :(