World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
archer

diagnosed last july 2012 help!

archer

Hey everyone.. i have genital herpes type 1, I got it since July 2012. And ever since July, I had sorethroat (extreme pain with white puss) and fever reaching 39 degrees celsius.. this has happend already 3 times.

Anyone here who experiences the same? Do you think this is normal?

I am really worried..

lovelyoptimistic

Have you had your throat swabbed to see if you also have oral hsv? Did you get hsv through oral sex? If so it is very likely that it was transmitted to you orally if you kissed your giver.. It could be a number of things too...like reoccuring strep throat. Sometimes strep comes back and you have to get really strong antibiotics to combat it. Next time it happens go to the doc and get your throat swabbed

archer

hey lovelyoptimistic thanks for the reply. I did not have my throat swabbed yet.. but is it even possible to have herpes in the throat? or tonsils?

The person who gave me ghsv1 performed oral sex to me but I never kissed her or performed oral sex to her.. so I hope i don't have it orally..

lovelyoptimistic

If you did not kiss you, there is no way you could have gotten oral hsv from her. You should still get your throat swabbed to see if it is strep or anything.

victor
hey lovelyoptimistic thanks for the reply. I did not have my throat swabbed yet.. but is it even possible to have herpes in the throat? or tonsils?

The person who gave me ghsv1 performed oral sex to me but I never kissed her or performed oral sex to her.. so I hope i don't have it orally..

You don't have it orally if you didn't kiss her at all. Even if you did have it orally, it is extremely unlikely for oral HSV-1 to recur in the throat/tonsils. In some primary outbreaks for oral HSV-1, it can be on the tongue, throat, inner cheeks, lips, etc., but your issue is not HSV-1 related. This sounds like strep throat or tonsillitis that also typically involves a fever and white pus. If your having this problem recur a few times per year then you need to visit your physician because it's probably an issue pertaining to your tonsils rather than anything else, but a visual examination will give you a definitive conclusion on what bacteria it is. If it is your tonsils then you can get them taken out, which will decrease the frequency of strep throat substantially.

archer

Thank you Victor for the helpful information! Will visit a physician soon.. thanks again!

coldbath1985

i just find out i had herpes this summer but my family dont know about it.

i was with my ex for nearly 2 year he say that he aint got it

well few months ago i was getting these really bad pain when we have sex i felt like someone was trying to cut me .my ex was cheating on me i went to the clinic and they said that i had it .he tells me that he doesnt have it

Acesheart
i just find out i had herpes this summer but my family dont know about it.

i was with my ex for nearly 2 year he say that he aint got it

well few months ago i was getting these really bad pain when we have sex i felt like someone was trying to cut me .my ex was cheating on me i went to the clinic and they said that i had it .he tells me that he doesnt have it

Hey coldbath, welcome to our site :) . If he hasn't properly tested with an Igg h specific blood test, he can not say or even know for certainty whether he has it or not.. Many get oral herps, cold sores, as very young children and they never have outbreaks. They stay Asymptomatic, means no signs that they have h. How did you test? Blood test or swab? My ghsv2 stayed dormant for 23 years, I had my second outbreak ever just a year ago.

Your family doesn't need to know, only those you will become intimate with. Please don't stress this virus. 80% of the populations has h in one form or another, since they never properly test, they never know it. Take care. Hugs, Ace :hithere:

jules75

Hey everyone,I am new to the forum,my fiance just found out he has hsv2 and is completely devastated hence the reason for me joining. We are looking for any and all information,we have never been intimate so I don't have the infection. He thinks I am about to leave him but it is not even in my thoughts,your experiences with coping would also be much appreciated.much love

Acesheart
Hey everyone,I am new to the forum,my fiance just found out he has hsv2 and is completely devastated hence the reason for me joining. We are looking for any and all information,we have never been intimate so I don't have the infection. He thinks I am about to leave him but it is not even in my thoughts,your experiences with coping would also be much appreciated.much love

Hey jules welcome to our site :wavey: . I am ghsv2 for 24 years , I am also married to a non h man, I also have a non h daughter too. I have never passed my h. How did he test? Have you ever specifically tested for herps? I take daily Valacyclovir for supressive therapies, daily. It has kept my husband h free for 22 years. We have plenty oral, unprotected and sexy times as well. Just because he has h, doesn't mean you will necessarially catch it. Also if you have not properly tested, Igg blood test, you too could already have h. Did he type test? By this I mean just because his h is genital, doesn't mean its h2. It could be oral h gone to the genital location usually through oral sexy times. My h stayed dormant for 23 years, I just had my second outbreak just a year ago. If you two know that his h sheds like 12% a year, you can still pass h without signs, outbreaks, and you two love each other and plan to be together, the risk are minimal. My husband never has worried about getting h. Maybe see if he is willing to take daily therapy. Does he have any idea how long he has had h? Over times h lessens. The meds keep h supressed and shedding down. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com , please read all you can..Hugs, Ace :)

jules75

He was quite literally given the results on Friday.We know nothing!! We were in the process of testing before marrying and my results came up negative.

Acesheart
He was quite literally given the results on Friday.We know nothing!! We were in the process of testing before marrying and my results came up negative.

Hey jules, I'm sorry this has come as such shock. I know this is not the end of the happy life the two of you planned. I live a very happy , full , living life with my non h husband. We married knowing we wanted to be together forever. May I ask what his test read? Like it should have on it hsv1 numbers and hsv2 numbers. These test have numerical values on them. It will be fine. You two can still have that wonderful life together. Hugs, Ace :)

jules75

Thanks so much Ace.At this moment I don't have the results with me but I will give you that info as soon as I can.I have tried reassuring him that he is not his diagnosis but it's still new for both of us. I am very appreciative of all your helpful info especially the fact of you lengthy and happy marriage.