World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
XBananaX

Newly Diagnosed...Struggling

XBananaX

Hey there,

Last week I was diagnosed with herpes. It was a visual diagnosis but I am pretty sure its the right one just from my symptoms and the fact my anti virals have seemed to help. I don't know what strain I have but I seem to have blisters "down there" and also on my face. My boyfriend has never had any of these symptoms and still hasn't even though we've been have unprotected (no condom) sex for awhile now. At first we thought maybe it was him but now after reading it might be me. How long can someone have herpes and never have an outbreak??! I'm always worrying about things and stressing out, why would all of a sudden I have an outbreak? I haven't even been stressing much!

Now I'm done my anti virals and I'm worried that it will just come back! My boyfriend has promised he isn't going anywhere and that I'm still beautiful but I just feel so dirty and alone. Please can anyone help or be a friend to talk to? Someone who has gone through this and knows what's up a little more than me and my boyfriend who are going by what google tells us?

The doc took a swab off a sore from down there when she diagnosed me but with the holidays it will be forever before I get results back...:dong::dong:

RunningInCircles

Well, let me start off by saying I get how shitty you feel and I'm very sorry you have to go through this. These boards have been very therapeutic for me though and I'm sure they'll be for you as well.

It's very possible, your boyfriend is one of those lucky people who might be infected yet never have any physical manifestations of the virus. However it's a smart move for him to get his blood tested to see if he's infected none the less.

As far as battling this virus, I've been dealing with a non stop outbreak for over a year and have only just now found a way to keep it in check.

I was infected by my girlfriend who I knew going in had genital herpes. However I was in the middle of a burn out after 5 years of grinding at my international job with time differences, little sleep, bad food, irregular hours and a lot of stress.

Fact that I had this many problems with the virus was because of adrenal fatigue which I've been dealing with by taking extra cortisol.

Anyway, optimism and allowing yourself to remain beautiful to yourself are key. It's hard because with an outbreak usually comes that depressed feeling of being broken.

However that feeling mostly stems from society's view on herpes.

Now I'm not saying this isn't a dangerous disease because it is, however acceptance, meditation, a positive outlook, proper diet and supplements are the key to dealing with this son of a bitch of a virus.

Dynamiclear has a website, with supplements, ointments and things that I've found to be helpful. You could also find them somewhere else, but Immune boosting vitamin supplements, olive leaf extract, lysine, zinc, fruits and vegetables are a must. Then perhaps you can add, anti virals in pill form when and if you do end up having an outbreak. But that blue dynamiclear stuff does make the outbreak last a lot shorter in my experience. Zovirax which I used to get for my outbreaks was a lot less effective.

Let me know or DM me if you want to know anything else.

Good luck!

DOM 72

If your profile didn't say Canada, I would have thought this was my girlfriend writing this. I mean we're going through this exact same scenario. She just found out a couple days ago and I have never shown signs or hae had any symptoms. I'm getting rested Wednesday where I'm sure to bet told that I am positive too.

All I can say is that it can ony get better and it's not the end of the world. Like your boyfriend I have assured and reassured my girlfriend I'm not going anywhere and I'm here to stay and she has told me the same. I think that is a good place to start to help make each other feel good and again, it's treatable and there are tons of options to make life easier on us.

I just joined the site yesterday as for the short time I've been on here, it's been a huge help.

hikingandsocks

Hi XBananaX,

I'm in the exact same boat as you right now. I was diagnosed two days ago with hsv2, just in time for the holidays. Funny how things works out like that...ugh.

The guy I'm seeing has been really supportive to me, but I think he's also feeling really guilty (he said he has/had what he thought was strangely behaved razor burn, which has not gone away) which is not at all what I want him to feel. You're lucky to have such a supportive guy there beside you, I mean, can you imagine having to do this alone? I can't! Remember, you're not dirty and you're most certainly not alone! Anybody can get this virus, it's so common. I think it's almost pointless to try and figure when you got it and from whom because it just leaves you dwelling on things that you can't change now.

Like I've said I am a total newbie to the virus but I've spent the past few days researching and trying to get a firm grasp on this thing. It seems like it can be perfectly manageable with the right actions. I am still on the super strength anti-virals, Valtrex 1g twice a day I think, and my doctor suggested that I do the suppressive treatment. So after this ten-day treatment is done I will take Valtrex 500mg once a day. From what I've read this really helps reduce outbreaks (which I am sure you know are just awful!) and spreading the virus. You can make sure that h stops with you.

I'm so sorry you had to be diagnosed right before the holidays, I know it's absolutely awful. I'm having a lot of trouble keeping my spirits up for friends and family right now but sometimes when you pretend to smile enough, it becomes real. Send me a direct message if you want a friend, I'm definitely feeling a lot of what you are.

XBananaX

Thanks for your post!

Apparently men can be less affected then women (hormone related) so they can luck out with showing little to no signs. I've been tested positive for HSV1 and my boyfriend does have a tendency towards cold sores so even though he hasn't had testing we're pretty positive he has it and accidently gave it to me.

It is very helpful to hear that this diagnoses hasn't changed his feelings for me even though the outbreak it a little gross so keep being supportive of each other! It goes a long way with the mental side of being diagnoses.