World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
oreoboy88e

condoms in a committed relationship?

oreoboy88e

this has probably been asked on here before, but i havent been able to find out. how many people still use condoms in a committed relationship? im on acyclovir and my outbreaks have been non-existent but still use condoms just in case.... until last night. it was great. and now we're debating on whether or not to continue with condoms. thoughts?

rgnphlng

hey. I wasnt using condoms before I had H. and my bf is negative. probably I had it before we were together. we had unprotected sex for 3 months and he is still H free. But I am really scared of the get him caught because I had 2 OB in 2 month :( and start on suppresive treatmeant. and I offered him to use condoms. he seems that he doesnt want it but he saw my concer about that ı dont wanna cause him to get infected.. I think if you still less your chance to transmit you should keep using condoms. :)

Acesheart
this has probably been asked on here before, but i havent been able to find out. how many people still use condoms in a committed relationship? im on acyclovir and my outbreaks have been non-existent but still use condoms just in case.... until last night. it was great. and now we're debating on whether or not to continue with condoms. thoughts?

Hi oreo, no we use to use them, but he stopped it fully a year ago. He is still non h man after 22 years, he and I have never used protections for oral and now none sexy times either :) .

bobsmum

Out of 3 relationships, 1 never, 1 sometimes, 1 always. I don't know how I feel about long term relationships with condoms. I hate them but it's kind of a necessary evil in the beginning. But, and I know this is selfish of me, I don't think I would want to use them for the next 20 years with the same guy. I think that's mostly down to terrible experiences with them though in my case!

oreoboy88e

i guess what im asking is for people that have done it without condoms, what's your results? and how did you go about it?

mrroboto

I am HSV2 positive with a partner HSV1 positive. We do not use condoms and after several years so far no indication of her getting any genital infection. I do take Valtrex when I feel an OB however my OB's are very mild and heal very quick. Others in this forum have expressed they dont use condoms and have not passed it to partners by using antivirals and avoiding sex during an OB.....So the probability of passing it to a partner is going to vary depending on the H status of the partner, the use of antivirals and your sex frequency but also how the partner view this condition. In my case perhaps her HSV1, plus the valtrex is helping or just pure luck or the fact that we she has not "stress" over getting it....hope this helps...

Acesheart

Hey mrroboto, excellent post :) !! Exactly how we feel. In the I begged he use condoms, as years passed we just limited them. He is still non h man, and yes I'm still on daily antivirals.

Well said everything in this post that I absolutely agree with. Good job :) . Truly, Ace :hithere: