World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Pcastane1

ive had enough!

Pcastane1

Well I've been dealing with all of this for almost a year and still have yet to get a positive... I've been through burning vaginally, nerve pain in lower back thigh, calves, feet... Buttocks. And unexplained uti. Has anyone here ever had herpes in there urethra or bladder? I had sex with my husband and 24 hrs later it hurt to pee and my bladder hurt bad I couldn't sleep. I then started bleeding when urinating for a couple of days.. I was taking antibiotics but didn't get better... So I'm still bleeding but it's turned to brown blood coming from urethra when I pee.. anyone go through this? It hurts after I pee now... Not during anymore...

ocean77

I think you need to see a doctor ,fast and run urine test. seeing blood is serious! I see some brownish spots, but i think they are from the popped blister and the skin is raw, so I see some blood form scab, but nothing major.

my outbreak this time got too close to urethra, and after it popped, it hurts from the urine, but no blood or anything comes out with it.

before i got my FIRTS outbreak I had 3 episodes of unexplained UTI and had to be on antibiotics for a while. I would get it right after sex. then I got my first outbreak and UTI were gone right before that as suddenly as the showed up. it's still a mystery.

I guess my body was giving me warning signs?

Pcastane1

I went to an urgent care last night... The doctor saw some bacteria in my urine but there was alot of skin cells also so she didn't know if bacteria was from urine or skin cells.. it didn't hurt to pee anymore and the blood seems to be going away. I just never bled from a uti before... It concerns me.

Pcastane1

Ocean77 did you have a blood test to find out what you had?? Hsv1 or 2? I've had numerous blood tests you to 8 months after exposure, all negative... And a western blot at 8 months also negative. But I still have these symptoms. Did u get ur outbreak swabbed?

Cymenthy

Of course it concerns you, and it should. My first outbreak was also in conjunction with a uti, which started first. The doctor put me on antibiotics and did a culture to make sure it was the correct antibiotic. She also did a culture on the blisters at the same time, as well as a blood test to determine if there were antibiodies in my blood, so we would know if my herpes was new. A uti is nothing to play around with, and you should make certain it is treated properly. I understand the pain you are in. It is terrible, but will pass. I was diagnosed in October, and have had one more ob, which was not nearly as bad, and did not last as long. When I felt the second one coming on, I got a prescription for Valtrex to minimize the ob. I am on it full time now and have no problems. I don't understand why you keep testing negative. If you have not been swabbed maybe you should be? Maybe the first step is to research your area and find a really good doctor who can help with the uti and herpes. Clinics are fine I guess, but nothing can replace forging a relationship with an experienced doctor.

Pcastane1

Cymenthy, i haven't had anything to swab... I've gone and everytime I go in they never see anything. My igg was negative for h 1&2 and so was my western blot... I've had more nerve pain than anything else...

Cymenthy

Have you thought that maybe you do not have herpes at all, but something else? I have had uti's in the past that presented lots of the same symptoms. Maybe you should find a good internist who can really start from scratch and look for an explanation. I am so sorry and wish I had a good answer. There is a site called Ask Alice that I have used. I don't have the link, but you can type that in. Good Luck!!!!

Pcastane1

Haven't really looked cuz I just moved to the area and just started working... I notice when I hold my urine is when I bleed a bit... Not really sure.

Cymenthy

One of the first things my doctor always tells me is to drink plenty, plenty of water. I had a kidney stone at one time and lots of pain also. Blood in the urine scares me. Please try and see a good doc.

ocean77
Ocean77 did you have a blood test to find out what you had?? Hsv1 or 2? I've had numerous blood tests you to 8 months after exposure, all negative... And a western blot at 8 months also negative. But I still have these symptoms. Did u get ur outbreak swabbed?

yes I had a blood test during my first outbreak while blisters were present. just the blood work, no blisters swabs. But I would have this test for 8 years while being married and always negative and then my immune system got down and boom I hot H@ positive along with outbreak, this is when I knew I finally got it from my husband.

I'm still suspecting it's H1, but too late to take a sample from a swab