World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sinna17

So she finally told me...

Sinna17

Hi so this is my first ever post on this forum, it's been less than 24 hours that my girlfriend has told me the news. It did like many others break my heart to see her get the courage to tell me this. I am in love with her, and we do have an immediate plan for what will be a life together. On occasion I've been getting the shakes since she told me. My right arm won't stop shaking and tensing up. I coped by eating mcdonalds haha. I don't know really what I'm looking for, but I think it's along the lines of reassurance that we will be okay. My first thought was how angry I was at the fact that she had told me when we haven't been having protected moments for a very extended period of time. I am currently a medical student and I specialized in infectious diseases for a brief period and during an intimate moment I noticed a few marks.

I know that she is fully aware of her situation and she states that she has it under control we have not slept together the past two nights because she is going through a "moment".

I just want to be told by someone that it will be okay, I know we will get through this and continue our life together, but I'm just so angry that she waited this long after not using protection for so long to tell me. I have been tested twice since we have been together in three month intervals. I am still negative all my vitals are fine.

Whats my next step?

if you read this thank you very much.

Acesheart

Hi Sinna, welcome :) . It will be okay. I have had ghsv2 for 25 years my husband is still non h man, we also have a non h daughter too :) . I would have some concerns if she didn't tell you before sexy times. That was a bigger issue for me. I divorced my first husband for lieing. He cheated too, but the lies sealed the deal. I take daily supressive therapies, Valacyclovir. We have unprotected oral and sexy times and he he tested a few months back. Just using a condom only provides 30% protections. I have stayed on antivirals since initially being diagnosed 25 years. I hope you plan on getting tested. You could possibly already have h , if you have ever had a sex partner or been exposed to a family member with cold sores. We know that 80% of the population has h in one form or another. If you have it, well you now have support. Also know that being exposed to someone with h, does not mean it was transmitted to you. Take care, here's a book. WWW.westoverheights.com , please read all you can . Truly, Ace :hithere: