World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ymG2013

shocked and deptressed

ymG2013

last week I was diagnosed with HSV 1 and 2. I haven't had any symptoms...the only reason why I decided to take an STD test was because I had 2 relationships last year and found out that one of the guys was seeing other women as well. So I thought oh I probably don't have anything but still wanted to see that NEGATIVE come back.

Last Thursday I received the call from my Dr. wanting me to come in to discuss my lab results and right then I knew something was wrong.

The Dr. sat me down and explained that I have HSV 1 and 2. Right then I felt like passing out... I didn't know what to think. I already struggle with personal issues that stem all the way back to my dad. The feeling of no one wanting me and my dating history proves that too. And then to get this news honestly made me want to just drive off the bridge on my way home.

I do have a few questions... I have educated myself on this and know a lot of information now...so when I do start dating again and when I tell the person I will have answers to their questions... but my question is this...

When should I tell the person I am dating ???????

I have always struggled with trust and I am honestly scared that once I tell someone about this they will run and tell and I don't want anyone knowing my business.

sunNtacoma

Hi I also have 1 and 2 ....I have stuggled with it also''...but it has gotten better ..as for dating I tell up front before the kiss.. As l can pass 1 and 2 to them ..I let them make the call and I only

Been turned down once..not bad ...but u tell you feel more comfortable. Sun

cupcakes12

Hi!! I also have type 1&2. It's not the end of the world. Things do get better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Lulupazoola
      Anyone know anything about potential side effects?
    • LovedAnyway
      You obviously can’t read. Why don’t you actually read the article, or the excerpt I posted? Here it is even simpler for you: prostaglandins were shown to enhance the spread of herpes virus in cell culture 26 27 and to inhibit interferon production 27 28 and were implicated in the reactivation of herpetic skin lesions. 
    • viralfrog
      Hormones definitely affect HSV outbreaks according to research. I'm a male but on anti-estrogen medication in constant trouble. Have a look at my thread here: https://honeycomb.click/topic/76903-over-4-years-with-hsv-2-symptoms-keep-getting-worse-with-non-stop-outbreaks-despite-suppressive-therapy-need-help/ 

First page, 8th post with studies about E2 / Progesterone effects on HSV. 
    • viralfrog
      It's getting pretty terrible now, I don't ever remember the last time I was feeling normal. I'm so sick of this constant flu-like feeling that makes me depressed and very unproductive. I have so many ideas and ambitions for life but I end up just doing the bare minimum due to constantly feeling like shit.  A week ago I tried stopping my anti-estrogen medication if that could have been the cause (it states "infection" in the listed, common side effects). Had my hopes up for a day or two but just got another outbreak this week that makes me want to sleep in bed all day. On top of this, now my breasts hurt because of increased E2 levels. 

I guess I still have some hopes with new research drugs such as Crispr and Amenalief. I would order Amenalief from Japan immediately, but it costs more than my monthly rent.. I might have to start a business on top of my full time job so I can afford it. Better option than self-pity but extra stress will surely not help with the HSV2 ;) 
    • VladimirM
      Probably the therapy with SADBE helps us to develop a partial immune system on HSV. If you use more SADBE you will develop more immune system on HSV. This is most likely a mechanism of action.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.