posted in wrong form. but any one have hiv and herpes?

hello every one. I have genital herpes. my bf and i had oral sex and since then i have been having weird things going on. im not sure if i used a product or some allergic reaction to something i may have came in contact with or if i am just anxious and is making me have "symptoms". here is what I have been experiencing.

itchy bumps on my feet, back, legs, ankles. which went away. now i have it on the back of my hand, side, and left boob.

headaches ( really bad)

sore throat

now my vagina is dry but idk if its from the allergy meds my mom told me to take or a symptom.

its been about 3 weeks since the sexual contact and i have been experiencing this for about a week. i already set an apt with my doc to have blood work done.

ill keep yall posted on whats going on

Hey jan292008, Nice to see you have come back :wavey: . Why would you think it's hiv? I would also like to ask if your bf has H or does he know of H? I have allergies and , Yes, they do take the water out of your body. They do mine atleast. Let me know , please keep us posted . Hugs, Ace :hithere:

Thanks for responding. I think it is hiv bc we had unprotected oral sex and anal. He was saying he's healthy but I told him u can seem that way but really not. He has been complaining about his shoulders hurting, body pains and night sweats only when he's have a" cold". I only had 3 partners n my body immedaily (spelling) reacted when I first contracted herpes 6 yrs ago. N now since he and I had sexual contact my body immedately reacted just as fast as before.

I have been vomiting, getting hot n cold, and feel like my body is on fire.

When I went to the doc yesturday she diagnosed my symptoms ans the bumps on my hands as being mollscua contagious (spelling) which is a viral infection but it also can mean I have a viral infection.

I also have a uti, a bad one as she says which may explain why my body feels like its on fire even though I don't have a fever.

I'm going to the doc for a hiv and syphills test Thursday next week. He is going as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the doc gave me my pap results and said everything is fine. My uti went away. My rashes went away for about 2 weeks now are back.However, I'm going to do a std test. Either in feb or march since sometimes it takes awhile for things to show up. My bf is showing the same symptoms. I'm starting to wonder if my herpes just spreaded? Well we shall see. Ill keep y'all posted.

Well the doc gave me my pap results and said everything is fine. My uti went away. My rashes went away for about 2 weeks now are back.However, I'm going to do a std test. Either in feb or march since sometimes it takes awhile for things to show up. My bf is showing the same symptoms. I'm starting to wonder if my herpes just spreaded? Well we shall see. Ill keep y'all posted.

Hey Jan why wait? Some show antibodies as soon as 2 weeks and some right away. When you do test make sure ask for Igg blood test okay. Many don't know that most Dr and clinics do Igm, not accurate as Igg. Please, yes keep us posted. Hope its not the flu? I had that with body aches and sore feeling everywhere. Thought I was gonna die, took three different antibiotics for many symptoms that accompanied it too. Very scary and I'm a very healthy girl. Take care keep us posted. Hugs Ace :)

• 2 months later...

hello sorry it took me so long. I was scared to take it but out came back neg for hiv. How ever my body still gaffe been acting strange. The person told me to redo the test in 3monts to be sure since since me and him had sex recently. So continue to wish me luck. Also my obs have been really bad more than usual, but I think that beacuse of stress n possibly the sex?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• vannen2
      Thanks for the answer, Wilson. Sorry for taking long to come back here, didn't really have the time to sit down on my computer and I've been trying to not think much about it.  I took a blood test and I'm waiting for the result. As of now, the redness covers a slightly bigger area and I feel some occasional itches. It definitely isn't herpes but at this point I've already accepted I have something, nothing like this ever happened before and honestly? If anything comes positive, I deserve it.  Maybe I'll come back with a current picture for the people that may end up in this post in the future. I will come back with the results as well, of course! I looked a lot into this forum and other people's stories have certainly opened my eyes to many things in life, so I'm thankful for that too!
    • WilsoInAus
      No problems @AlexUobby those queries are reasonable concerns and I hope these answers give you comfort. Every test has a minimum value (including between HSV-1 and HSV-2 from the same blood sample). This ranges from 0.01 to 0.80 in theory, but in practice more like 0.01 to 0.40. Any value in this range is very likely a minimum value and means an absence of the antibody being tested for. Hence if you get say a 0.3 value on this upcoming test, then the correct interpretation is that it is a minimum value and means no antibodies at all - negative. IgG testing is far from perfect in terms of them being a little too sensitive and generating false positives. This is because although they try and find the best antigen that attracts only an antibody specific to the virus being tested for, this is imperfect and other proteins may be present that attach to the antigen. This is true for all IgG testing. You will also find a very large number of people on this site whose low positives transpired to be negatives.
    • AlexUobby
      @WilsoInAusI know, and I have read a lot of posts recently. And I think I know it better, and it won't just come out on my hand. And I am planning to do another Roche test. The result may come out next week. If it was still positive, does that mean I have herpes? I mean the baseline was 0.06. Or I understand it wrong? And there are still one thing that concerns me so much. In the 6 week test, my HSV I igg was 0.02 and my HSV II igg was 0.06. I know they both were low. I was a little worried that HSV II igg might be on the process of seroconversion, since the HSV II igg was three times large than the other. I know it wasn't logical, but worried. I just don't quite get how they suddenly jump to 1.2 even 1.9 after 6 weeks if there weren't seroconversion. And I saw a lot of people in this forum, and their value almost stay in the same level. And that really concerns me a lot.
    • WilsoInAus
      Hello @Lou_95 and thank you for taking the time and having the bravery to come forward to seek help. I hope you find some assistance and find solace.  What has occurred here happens to many couples and it is important to note that it highly likely that this has absolutely no questions surrounding fidelity etc. The first thing to note is that your assumption is the other way around. When a person has their first herpes outbreak, then it is extremely likely that they have been just infected by the other party. Herpes does not wait around taking its own sweet time to cause an outbreak. When first infected, you are in a sense 'defenceless' against the virus so havoc can be wreaked - well the lesions that you experienced. If your partner is quite sure they have not been infected genitally with herpes in the past, then the most rational explanation is as follows. Your partner may well have an oral HSV-1 infection that causes oral cold sores, even if he has no living memory of cold sores! You hence may have become infected through oral sex about 2-6 days before you noticed the sores. Your diagnosis may have included the type of herpes involved, was it 1 or 2?  If my guess above is right, then you both now carry HSV-1 and cannot technically reinfect each other, or at least give your immune 6 months to get up to full speed. He is now already immune and is incredibly unlikely (if there is any chance at all) of becoming infected genitally). If this is the story, then that's kind if it for you two, no need to worry at all about issues of protection or antivirals etc. However hopefully you have the type data to proceed to that stage quickly. Otherwise it might be useful for an additional test by either you or he or both.  
    • Lou_95
      Hello, I'm new here and was diagnosed with genital herpes 2 weeks ago. I have a lot of questions but dont know where to start. My boyfriend and I have been in a faithful relationship for 6.5 years now, and I just had my first outbreak and he has never had one before. We are unsure of who had it to begin with, I assume it was me considering I had an outbreak first. I feel awkward and weird in my relationship, and sex life now, even though he was very understanding and accepting with the situation. He said it could have been either of us and there isn't anything we can do to change it.. which is true. I dont really know what I'm looking for here, maybe just some advice and others personal experiences with the same situation as myself. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.