World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Robert32

Please Help- New to this site and disease

Robert32

Hello everyone I hope someone can please help answer my questions. A couple months ago I was diagnosed with hsv1 and hsv2 and have had many problems. Please see below and let me know if anyone has experienced these same things! Thank you so much in advance for your help!

-dry mouth

-frequent urination

-stiff neck

-pain in ears (fullness)

-feeling tired all the time

-arms feeling numb

Number7
Hello everyone I hope someone can please help answer my questions. A couple months ago I was diagnosed with hsv1 and hsv2 and have had many problems. Please see below and let me know if anyone has experienced these same things! Thank you so much in advance for your help!

-dry mouth

-frequent urination

-stiff neck

-pain in ears (fullness)

-feeling tired all the time

-arms feeling numb

How were you diagnosed--blood test and/or culture? What were your results?

Robert32

I was diagnosed through a blood test. I had blood work done in January 2012 and only tested positive for HSV2 and I started having problems again in October with the above so I got tested again and it came up positive for HSV1 this time.

Number7
I was diagnosed through a blood test. I had blood work done in January 2012 and only tested positive for HSV2 and I started having problems again in October with the above so I got tested again and it came up positive for HSV1 this time.

Can you post the results of these blood tests? Do you know if they were Herpeselect igg tests? I assume you tested for both viruses "both" times?

You might need testing by Western Blot - but post your results first and we can go from there.

Robert32

Okay let me check...might take a couple days but please don't forget about me! Thank you so much for listening!

Number7
Okay let me check...might take a couple days but please don't forget about me! Thank you so much for listening!

If I don't happen to see your post, feel free to private message me.

Also, in the meantime, have you downloaded the free herpes handbook @ Westoverheights.com? It has a lot of helpful info in there.

TellMeWhatToDo

Robert, your symptoms don't sound like HSV to me. They sound like diabetes. But I'm not a doctor.

whodat

Hey Robert!

I have been GHSV1 positive for about 16 months. While I rarely experience symptoms now, I felt like crap for the first three months after my diagnosis and experienced some of your symptoms. In retrospect, I believe a some of my symptoms were due to the shock/depression of receiving this diagnosis, while other symptoms were the direct result of my body adapting to the virus.

-dry mouth: not so much, but I did have a bad geographic tongue right after my diagnosis.

-frequent urination: Yes.

-stiff neck: Yes. I was stiff and sore all over in general.

-pain in ears (fullness): Yes. Again, lots of general body aches.

-feeling tired all the time: Absolutely. I contribute this more to the stress and depression than the virus itself.

-arms feeling numb: My legs and lower back alternated between aching and feeling sore and numb all of the time.

I hope this helps. Please remember that it gets better, physically and psychologically!

Robert32

Hey guys I just got my results from the doctor. My HSV2 was 3.60 but I was diagnosed in mid January 2012 for that. As for HSV1 my results were .90 but I didn't start feeling bad until late October. In October I got sores in my mouth and had a breakout down below. I assumed it was HSV2 but now I'm thinking it is HSV1. I never had any issues with HSV2. The clinic told me I was negative based on my results but I'm thinking I have HSV1 and HSV2 genitally. Thank you for your responses and I look forward to hearing from you. Has anyone experienced numbness in one hand? Mine will not go away...one day it will start to then bam it comes right back.

RealisticGal
Hey guys I just got my results from the doctor. My HSV2 was 3.60 but I was diagnosed in mid January 2012 for that. As for HSV1 my results were .90 but I didn't start feeling bad until late October. In October I got sores in my mouth and had a breakout down below. I assumed it was HSV2 but now I'm thinking it is HSV1. I never had any issues with HSV2. The clinic told me I was negative based on my results but I'm thinking I have HSV1 and HSV2 genitally. Thank you for your responses and I look forward to hearing from you. Has anyone experienced numbness in one hand? Mine will not go away...one day it will start to then bam it comes right back.

Hi Robert32 ---

The 0.90 result for HSV-I is probably not a positive result.

Depends on what test kit was used. In order to figure that out, you need to look at the index value ranges listed on the test result printout. For Herpeselect ELISA, which is the most-used kit in the USA, the positive range begins at 1.10.

The numbness in your hand is not a symptom typically associated with HSV. It's important to remember that just because you have HSV, that does not mean every symptom you experience is being caused by that. I recommend you speak with a doctor about it. You may have another issue that is causing that numbness.

Have you ever had a test done by swabbing and culturing an actual outbreak? Or have you only had the blood tests? The culture might give you a more definitive answer about what you have where.

Are you taking anti-viral medications for the HSV?

:wavey:

Robert32

Thanks for the replies everyone! Well they said I just fell under the .90 so I'm not sure what my score was. I talked to a planned parenthood and they said I had to wait 4 months until I could get a positive result. Is this true? It's been a little over 3 months and still negative with all kinds of symptoms!

Number7
Thanks for the replies everyone! Well they said I just fell under the .90 so I'm not sure what my score was. I talked to a planned parenthood and they said I had to wait 4 months until I could get a positive result. Is this true? It's been a little over 3 months and still negative with all kinds of symptoms!

4 mos is just "in general" -- it's different for everyone. Some people don't ever test positive - some people take 3 mos, some 6 mos, etc. At this point, you might want to look into the Western Blot. You can also go to Medhelp.org/stds and pay to post a question to Terri Warren or Dr. Handsfield/Dr. Hook.

RealisticGal

I wouldn't even go so far as to say 4 months is "in general."

Terri Warren (and other HSV experts) suggest that we should not consider a negative test accurate until AT LEAST 4 months out.

:wavey:

RealisticGal
Well they said I just fell under the .90 so I'm not sure what my score was. I talked to a planned parenthood and they said I had to wait 4 months until I could get a positive result. Is this true? It's been a little over 3 months and still negative with all kinds of symptoms!

You should be able to get a hard copy printout of your test results, Robert32. Then you can look at them for yourself, rather than relying on what someone tells you.

So what symptoms are you having? Anything (fresh) that could be swabbed and cultured?

Robert32

I have not had it cultured yet. I'm having numbness in my left hand and weakness in both arms. I am extremely dizzy and my ears feel full all the time (this started on first outbreak). My legs are also very weak and experiencing a little neuro but not bad. I also have a dry mouth and have frequent urination. This went away but then came back a couple months later. I've been tested for about everything. I've been on acyclovir for about 7 days. It's funny I will feel better then go to bed wake up and feel awful again.

Jay2255

Hi Robert32, how have you recovered since this post? Do you still get weakness and dizziness?

Cupcake5

Hi. I was diagnosed hsv2 1 year ago. Had dry mouth/eyes. Stomach issues. Pain in ears they told me i have tmj-causing pain and head numbness. Idk if this is directly related to hsv or bc of stress. But it all happened at 1 time

Cupcake5

I also had an episode of stiff neck, fever over the summer. They dont know why. I was tested for diabetes n dont have it. Noone knows whats going on with me