World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lingolimbo

any naturopaths? :-)

lingolimbo

Ok,

So, I've been feeling a lot better since taking a combination of Valtrex (500g daily), Lysine (with vit C and zinc as well) and a multivitamin (with plenty of vit B).

I've had a big couple of weeks over Christmas and new year with a bit more alcohol than usual and so I upped my Valtrex to 1000g daily for a few days when I noticed more prodromes. I got an outbreak anyway and I'm not sure if it was because I upped the Valtrex (causing everything to go to the surface) or if it would have happened anyway.

Now I am back to 500g daily and the outbreak is settling and but I still don't feel as good as before. I want to start oil of oregano. I got the oil and some tablets as the person at the shop said the oil is too strong to take internally even diluted (although I know a lot of people here have had success).

Basically, I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of supplements I'm taking and not sure about timing. I've read you shouldn't take Valtrex at the same time as Lysine?

I was thinking of doing Lysine and multivitamin in the morning and Valtrex and Oil of Oregano at night.

What do you think? Does anyone have training in Natropathy or Homeopathy? I really want to check with someone about this but am very short on funds at the moment and figured there must be someone here with training in this?

Thank you!

lydia2

Hey lingo, I've never read that taking valtrex and lysine at the same time is bad for you. Smh I take it together all the time. I am so lazy with my supplements. I take generic valtrex once a day, along with some lysine. I also try to take some calcium and was taking an immune support pill, but they are expired so I stopped. I have also been rubbing oil if oregano on my lower back and use it topically on an ob when I have one or feel one coming. It burns like hell but it works wonders for me. I also take a drop or two under my tongue when I'm feeling run down. Also burns a bit, but I love it. I want to buy vit b sub lingual as someone here advised me. I bet it works wonders. goodluck and it's best to just try for yourself to see what works.

Jim1

Hey Lingo,

I am working on my masters in oriental med. and am at thispoint only using oregano oil specifically for this ob im having now. I haveordered BHT a food preservative, do a Google search and check that out. I wasout of country, when I had my first ob and tomorrow get tested. I know I haveit, this Ob started 7 days ago with 2 sores, I didn’t do anything they got redand now are healing but obviously there, the other side 3 days ago I popped theVesicles (blisters) this is not advised by the CDC or any health careprofessional that i have sought out, So I would not recommend popping them atall the fluid is highly contagious. In fact that is where i would tell you tostart if you haven’t already. http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-herpes-detailed.htm

That being said the ones I popped with tissue ( i was almostsurgical clean when i did this) I applied the oregano oil 50%in olive oil( Iagain would not ever recommend you do this, Really this burns like fire isburning you and I have not Found anything or any study as of yet saying this isat all safe). I do this in the shower and let the burn tell me when to wash. I’mnot trying to be a tuff guy about it I use hot water and herbal soap that hasno chem. actually I get the Yerba shampoo and oregano oil from the vitaminstore in NM( Taos herb company) they have been so helpful and they make thetinctures fresh, any way that’s who i use. I also have taken a half dropperfull 5-9 times a day for 3 days now and I hold it under my tongue and just likemouth wash get it all over my mouth then swallow and drink some water. Again Iam doing an experiment on myself and would not recommend this but I want toshare. I think the recommendation is 1 or 2 drops of oregano oil in water! Now I’m3 days in to the use of the oregano oil and the ones I popped didn’t scar anddo not show any thing I had like a third little wave next to it I did not pop anymoreand just kept applying and taking internally. Earlier today the third wave thatI didn’t pop had turned white and rubbed off in the shower with ease. I havefelt a little crappy since the ob started but today seems to be the worst day. SoI I’m not sure how many days I’ll do this I’m just trying anything I can sincethis is still only my 4th ob.

You say you have heard of others having succsess with oregano oil?

lingolimbo

Interesting info, how did your experiment go in the end?

I've been doing the rubbing into the spine and also taking capsules, I tried it a few times sublingually... not sure if it's helping. My symptoms are definitely better over all but it's been 5 months and I still have irritation and itching on my thighs nearly every day. Not sure if all the supplements are doing much - but as it definitely is better, i'll just keep going with them I reckon.

I just said I heard of others having success because there are quite a lot of posts on here (you can do a search) where people discuss using it - some put it on directly like you did, others not. most seemed to think there was a good result.

Jim1

Since I am still in the first year of this,so far it went intresting, the spots I treated directly never got to the point where they became a red scar and lingered for weeks, like the side I didnt treat. I am working on using BHT and coconut oil and castor oil with oregano oil and maybe elderberry toppically on the spine and genitals im still working on the right combo.BHT i have been told to take 2500mg daily and double it durring an outbreak. the BHT is supposed to break up the capsule exposing the virus to the immune system. ill keep you all posted.