World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
justcaz87

Genital HSV1 - isn't that bad

justcaz87

I see that statement a lot from people on many different forums.

Genital HSV1- really isn't that bad.. it doesn't affect me very much and I've only had a few outbreaks.

Just for curiosity's sake..

If you have genital HSV1 is that true for you?

It sure as hell is not true for me!

GntiNh

I've only had two blister breakouts; March 2009 and May 2009 and nothing since. I occassionally have a tingle but then it passes within minutes.

I don't use any anti-virals as a suppressant and I'm HSV G 1.

However I have oral too and have regular breakouts that can last for weeks.

HSV is a slippery sucker and it can be so different for so many people.

Hope you escape "hell" soon - what have your tried?

bk3

Hey, I was diagnosed with genital HSV-1 about two months ago. first outbreak was completely horrible but since then I haven't gotten anything. The general consensus seems to be that type 1 is the lesser of two evils. I've come to terms with it but obviously am completely dreading telling future partners. (I'm 20)

justcaz87

I just can't imagine that it would be mild.. But then again I don't have it orally so I had no antibodies.

I probably get 2 or 3 outbreaks a month.

I stopped counting after about 6 or 7.

I'm on suppressive meds, and I bathe in Epsom salts and apply tea tree oil.

cml2490

i only had the primary outbreak like two small papercuts three years ago and nothing since...not that ive noticed anyway

justcaz87
justcaz87, I saw in another thread you said have hsv2? Do you have both?

I don't remember saying that at all, but if I did it was a typo.

I most definitely have Hvs1 that was swab diagnosed when I had my first OB.

chickentuna

hey justcaz, i also have ghsv1 for almost 3 years and the first year was the worst i had outbreaks every couple months and they werent very mild. the lat two years i had 1 or 2 outbreaks at most. and they were mild. it was also a very big deal to me the first year. i couldnt get it together for a while. how long have you had it for?

flowerstar

I have had G HSV1 for almost 4 years...

My initial outbreak was the worst thing ever.

I would have an outbreak every month or couple of months for the first two years.

It didn't seem too bad.

But lately (past 8ish months) I have been having constant symptoms. As soon as I think I am ok, Im not.

I also had my first oral HSV1 outbreak about 2 months ago or so. So that kinda sucks...

What is weird is that most of the time its painless. I get "bumps" and they have maybe a tiny tiny pin prick red dot, but completely painless.

I sometimes get tiny little red dots too... not raised at all, not painful, nothing. But I am losing my mind... wish it would stop.

I am taking Valtrex every day, echinacea, olive leaf, garlic, VIT C, VIT D, oil or oregano (ingesting, topically and rubbing into spine).

Not really sure what to do other than go to the doctor again and see what my options are.

So ya, it IS a big deal for me.

bob12

You know what the strange thing is? I never took Valtrex until 11.5 months when I had a positive culture. For those 11.5 months I only had weird irritation, then boom, a massive outbreak that I was given Valtrex for.

I took the Valtrex, it ran out, 3 weeks later I got another typical outbreak. My second in 12 months, just a month after the first. I just let that one go with no Valtrex and haven't seen anything since. For me it seems Valtrex suppresses my bodies response enough that it makes it more active.