World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
drinkersofthewind

The Magnesium Remedy

drinkersofthewind

My cold sores were cured in childhood by my family's remedy of supplementing magnesium. A M.A.S.H. nurse who served in Viet Nam was a friend who had extreme herpes and could not have contact with sunlight as it would ignite her condition. She tried the family remedy and had the first suntan of her life since contracting the disease. She supplemented a couple of magnesium pills with every meal (I just use milk of magnesia), plus took pro-biotics and vitamin C with bioflavanoids to help mineral absorption. The theory is the herpes virus can thrive in a body deficient of magnesium. Increase the magnesium level and the virus is stifled. I have turned many friends on to this simple remedy and they have had cessation of symptoms.

cupcakes12

I would love to try magnesium but it gives me horrible diarrhea and nausea even when I take it on a full stomach. Drinkersofthewinds, are you experiencing any weird side effects as well?

drinkersofthewind
I would love to try magnesium but it gives me horrible diarrhea and nausea even when I take it on a full stomach. Drinkersofthewinds, are you experiencing any weird side effects as well?

I have never had any negative effects from it. Two milk of magnesia pills is a mild dose and works as an antacid, not as a laxative, so most people wouldn't be negatively affected. But, health food stores sell magnesium supplements in more palatable forms than milk of magnesia.

Rapscallion

I take acyclovir everyday, 3 times a day when I get a breakout, and it still doesn't stop the breakouts, I was getting breakouts about every month, the blisters were smaller and healed faster, but I still got them. THEN!!! I heard about magnesium, I do both, and I rarely have a breakout, maybe once a year, and super tiny, usually only when I have the flu or something. Not quite a cure but it sure feels like it.

balkans
I take acyclovir everyday, 3 times a day when I get a breakout, and it still doesn't stop the breakouts, I was getting breakouts about every month, the blisters were smaller and healed faster, but I still got them. THEN!!! I heard about magnesium, I do both, and I rarely have a breakout, maybe once a year, and super tiny, usually only when I have the flu or something. Not quite a cure but it sure feels like it.

u have genital herpes or oral?

Acesheart
My cold sores were cured in childhood by my family's remedy of supplementing magnesium. A M.A.S.H. nurse who served in Viet Nam was a friend who had extreme herpes and could not have contact with sunlight as it would ignite her condition. She tried the family remedy and had the first suntan of her life since contracting the disease. She supplemented a couple of magnesium pills with every meal (I just use milk of magnesia), plus took pro-biotics and vitamin C with bioflavanoids to help mineral absorption. The theory is the herpes virus can thrive in a body deficient of magnesium. Increase the magnesium level and the virus is stifled. I have turned many friends on to this simple remedy and they have had cessation of symptoms.

Hey drinkersofthewind, your oral h1 may have been suppressed and has gone dormant, but certainty NOT CURED.. There is no cure! I stayed dormant for 23 years of my genital h2, but last year had a stress induced second outbreak. Don't lead users to believe they can be cured. This isn't possible, yet anyway. I have had ghsv2 for 25 years, believe me, there is no cure. Truly, Ace

Acesheart
I made no such assertion. Read the posts carefully.

Please reread your first sentence..

drinkersofthewind

apology

Please reread your first sentence..

I did use the word "cure" and I mispoke and I apologize. I know the virus still exists and is dormant. My point is I and many I know have supplemented magnesium and our symptoms went away. The hypothesis is herpes virus can thrive in a magnesium depleted host.