Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trying2bePositive

Am i Supposed to have outbreaks?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently got tested and unfortunately i am HSV-1 positive, HSV-2 negative, the test was on Jan 08 2013. I dont know where my 'infection' is located at.

i've done some research and found out that there are no test to pinpoint when the infection was transmitted. but i'm still curious.

"IF" i recently have gotten infected, am i supposed to have an outbreak? I've had some tingling feeling in my groin area, but not the genitals itself (HOWEVER, it may just be because i'm now overly self aware of everything that happens to my body).

if i am supposed to have an outbreak during the initial transmission, and no outbreak occurred... does that mean i've had HSV-1 a long time ago?

ThankS!

Hi,

I recently got tested and unfortunately i am HSV-1 positive, HSV-2 negative, the test was on Jan 08 2013. I dont know where my 'infection' is located at.

i've done some research and found out that there are no test to pinpoint when the infection was transmitted. but i'm still curious.

"IF" i recently have gotten infected, am i supposed to have an outbreak? I've had some tingling feeling in my groin area, but not the genitals itself (HOWEVER, it may just be because i'm now overly self aware of everything that happens to my body).

if i am supposed to have an outbreak during the initial transmission, and no outbreak occurred... does that mean i've had HSV-1 a long time ago?

ThankS!

Also, i've never remembered any outbreak before.

If you tested positive for HSV-1 and have never had an outbreak in either location I would make the assumption that it is oral because it usually is. I think it would be erring way too far on the side of caution to think it is genital without any evidence to support it. 80% of the population is HSV-1 positive, and most of it is still oral, although the incidences of genital are increasing.

Some doctors say that the risk of transmission of genital HSV-1 is so slim that one does not even need to disclose. I am not so sure about not disclosing if you know for sure you have it. But you don't know you have it genitally.

There is a very good chance that you have HSV-1 orally, commonly known as cold sores, and you appear to be totally asymptomatic.

If you want to tell people that you have HSV-1 before you kiss them you can, but a lot of people don't, and I am not so sure it is necessary.

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you are trying to find out more about hsv- this has been a great source of support & information for me.

By the sounds of things u have oral hsv1 aka coldsores. In the absence of any genital symptoms I think this is the more likely of the 2 scenarios.

Tc xx

Most people contract hsv1 when they are kids. Some people breakout with cold sores others do not. 80% of the adult population has it. It's extremely common.

If you tested positive for HSV-1 and have never had an outbreak in either location I would make the assumption that it is oral because it usually is. I think it would be erring way too far on the side of caution to think it is genital without any evidence to support it. 80% of the population is HSV-1 positive, and most of it is still oral, although the incidences of genital are increasing.

Some doctors say that the risk of transmission of genital HSV-1 is so slim that one does not even need to disclose. I am not so sure about not disclosing if you know for sure you have it. But you don't know you have it genitally.

There is a very good chance that you have HSV-1 orally, commonly known as cold sores, and you appear to be totally asymptomatic.

If you want to tell people that you have HSV-1 before you kiss them you can, but a lot of people don't, and I am not so sure it is necessary.

What evidence would it have to be, to be genital HSV-1?

I never had a cold sore, and have HSV-1 genitally. It was transmitted by oral sex, so if you had oral sex and your partner has ever had a cold sore, you probably have HSV-1 genitally.

What evidence would it have to be, to be genital HSV-1?

Sores on your genitals would be pretty good evidence in my opinion.

I never had a cold sore, and have HSV-1 genitally. It was transmitted by oral sex, so if you had oral sex and your partner has ever had a cold sore, you probably have HSV-1 genitally.

how did you know you initially you have HSV-1 genitally? since you've also never had a cold sore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Lisajd
      Some people just get very different symptoms.  All as I know for me is that they become itchy and scab a certain way that is different to a pimple. . And they do hurt differently to a pimple that scabs and get sore.    Usually they will appear in the same spot but can be in a different area within the genital region.  I guess I wouldn't worry too much because if it does come up to be a herpes outbreak it certainly won't be as bad as your first outbreak and you can treat it pretty quickly with antivirals or just let it heal itself whistle tea tree oil for example but if you're in a relationship you do want to be aware of what is viral shedding and what is a normal itch. . Look at it is going to turn into an outbreak it won't be as bad as your first and also you Can Heal it pretty quickly with antiviral meds or even applying tea tree oil for example but if you were in a relationship you need to be aware that it could be viral shedding.   Eventually you will get to know your own symptoms
    • Free73
      go and do a full STD test, no point guessing. My outbreaks have never been yellow
    • Jrjayy22
      Ive been on here many times, being told many times i do not have hsv2.  But i just cannot move on..  Im sorry for bothering u all but i just dont know how to move on.  Tested negative igg 2 days, 4 week swab, igg neg at 10 weeks and 16 weeks/120 days.  I think the swab may have been too late, they were pre existing bumps that never went away but then suddenly caused some pain and then later erupted and there was blood and some pus I believe.  I feel like it wasnt herpes but idk.  I had some red bump 2 weeks after exposure on my penis.  It didnt seem to have pus, never saw it pop or anything.  Took 4 weeks to fully go away, didnt hurt to touch after awhile and it just became darker and then disappeared but idk if it scabbed.  Then weeks later i had another bump, it was yellow and looked it couldve had pus.  I examined it closely and saw the hair in it, concluding it was an ingrown hair.  After 4 days it disappeared only leaving a red area for a day or 2.  Then a few weeks later another bump like it showed up but disappeared the same day i found it.  Month later, yellow smaller one on my thigh, 4 days or so the yellowness disappeared but left a dark red spot.  Then last week i had a yellow bump that was kinday itchy and kinda hurted touch on my shoulder.  Few days and all was left was a dark red area.  The only thing i can rule this out to be now, is that o have recurring folliculitis due to my increased stress and anxiety causing problems for my immune system to effectively stop folliculitis outbreaks.  Ive never had things like this on my body before.  Idk i hear 3 months is indeed conclusive but reading other posts and their info and contradicting results, it scares me.  I am trying to get past this.  Ik my type of exposure is low or no risk but idk.  This experience has been so very traumatizing for me.  What do u think this all can be if not herpes?  Im sorry wilsoinaus if u read this, i just dont know, im just struggling so much to get past this..
    • thebear123
      Hi, MK, just checking to see if you how you are and if you have any updates?
    • thebear123
      Lisajd, Is it possible for recurring outbreaks to not itch, tingle, burn, or hurt at all? If so, how likely? My trouble with differentiating is that my pimples seem to itch very minutely also scab over. 
    • Free73
      yes, I also think it depends on the source of your previous outbreaks? For me, I got outbreaks on my upper thigh, so when/if my upper thigh is exposed to the sun for an extended period, a rash will start to form.
    • Stronginsepa
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      Noooo its millions.  Yes it travels up neurons and if it enters a neuron cell with your original HSV-2 it will find a full ICP-0.... that could be really bad. I don't know if his stuff is as clean as he thinks it is.  In experiments in humans in the past when a person who already has HSV is injected with HSV amplicons (attenuated virus) their levels go up, but its a fraction compared to someone without HSV.   Maybe, Genocea showed asymptomatic people recognize more antigens than symptomatic people. However, take a look at this as subjects 17, 3, 29, etc. have an immune response which is always in flux. Thus when you get injected with a live attenuated vaccine may determine your response to a live vaccine shot.... Your immune system after infection basically establishes a tolerance to the virus which is hard to move the needle on. I would recommend if you get the Halford shot to accordingly take multiple shots over your reactivation cycle so your body is no doubt recognizing everything it should...       

• fixme1
      If something succeeds and gets media coverage, numbers and demand will surely put pressure on the us's fda wouldnt it.?
    • Lisajd
      I live in the sun and get no obs from it.  its so individual!
  • Featured