World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lulusparkles

Please help!!! I have scary symptoms and need some advice pls

lulusparkles

Hello all-

Quick summary- around 3 months ago a doctor gave me a visual diagnosis of genital herpes, swabbed the area, the lab lost the swabs and now I'm back to square 1 again : (. The first time I had this happen was after fairly rough sex with my giver, who denies ever having hsv or any symptoms of it.

Fast forward to this weekend I had sex with my giver again, with protection, was quite rough and prolonged (sorry tmi i know) and now I have aching Lyph nodes in my armpits and groin (on 1 side) and when I look inside my vagina (quite high up) I can see what looks like a burst blood vessel- it's like a dark purplish bloody splodge. Has anyone ever had a herpes outbreak like this? As I have no obvious symptoms externally? I was just getting used to the idea of having herpes and boom all the fear and anxiety has come rushing bk again :( I know herpes looks different for many people but this doesn't look like a cluster of vesicles or ulcers, could it be something else/ cervicitis?

Any help much appreciated!! Xx:(

Number7
Hello all-

Quick summary- around 3 months ago a doctor gave me a visual diagnosis of genital herpes, swabbed the area, the lab lost the swabs and now I'm back to square 1 again : (. The first time I had this happen was after fairly rough sex with my giver, who denies ever having hsv or any symptoms of it.

Fast forward to this weekend I had sex with my giver again, with protection, was quite rough and prolonged (sorry tmi i know) and now I have aching Lyph nodes in my armpits and groin (on 1 side) and when I look inside my vagina (quite high up) I can see what looks like a burst blood vessel- it's like a dark purplish bloody splodge. Has anyone ever had a herpes outbreak like this? As I have no obvious symptoms externally? I was just getting used to the idea of having herpes and boom all the fear and anxiety has come rushing bk again :( I know herpes looks different for many people but this doesn't look like a cluster of vesicles or ulcers, could it be something else/ cervicitis?

Any help much appreciated!! Xx:(

Has your "giver"/partner been tested? At this point you can probably test and if negative wait a few months and test again. If you happen to get any sores in the meantime, I suggest getting to the doctor to have them cultured asap.

If you haven't downloaded the free herpes handbook at Westoverheights.com - you might want to do so.

lulusparkles

I'm 90% sure this guy infected me 3 months back, however he has been tested for all stds and been given the all clear as he has never had an active outbreak to swab, however the blood test is not available widely in the UK and is expensive to have done privately. I do know that he is a risk taker by nature and has had alot of risky behaviour in the past, which unfortunately I found out once it was too late.

If this is herpes, I know what was visually diagnosed in me 3 months back was correct. Ironically, I have already paid the money to have the blood test done this Friday (my 13 week anniversary with the herp!) and then this shows up :(

Its just weird because this doesn't look like typical herpes pics? But I can't think what else it could posssibly be? I guess it's just hard, having the reality hit me a fresh all over again x

lulusparkles

I have come to know that herpes is a virus that never plays by the rules, but my initial outbreak caused lesions that were only inside the vagina, not externally. The general consensus being that this mag happen in a primary out real, but further episodes will probably cause external lesions- which has not happened?

I have managed to reach up and touch one of the lesions with a cotton bud and it was slightly uncomfortable but not particularly painful, to describe it again, it looks like I would imagine a burst vein would look, purplish and bloody :( really unsure about all this x

Number7
I have come to know that herpes is a virus that never plays by the rules, but my initial outbreak caused lesions that were only inside the vagina, not externally. The general consensus being that this mag happen in a primary out real, but further episodes will probably cause external lesions- which has not happened?

I have managed to reach up and touch one of the lesions with a cotton bud and it was slightly uncomfortable but not particularly painful, to describe it again, it looks like I would imagine a burst vein would look, purplish and bloody :( really unsure about all this x

Such a shame they were not more careful with your initial culture. The only thing you can do at this point is have blood testing done (make sure it's at least 4-6 mos after possible exposure) or... if you have any sores again, get in and get them cultured right away.